Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2017, 02:30 PM

83,545 posts, read 75,390,209 times

Advertisements

Read write up.. Evening before models showed there was going to be less snow for big cities. NWS refused to change because they didnt want to confuse people?
Also mentions Trump was right, again. Lol

https://twitter.com/capitalweather/s...92451703750659

Old 03-15-2017, 02:40 PM

2,861 posts, read 3,853,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
You must love CT lol you typical Pennsylvania poster
Huh?

Old 03-15-2017, 05:48 PM

230 posts, read 115,220 times
Is there something that can be done about snow plows plowing snow back into the driveway? People died in this storm from heart attacks and my neighbors were out trying to shovel out a foot of the rock hard snow from the bottom of the driveway. One just had surgery and the husband has a heart condition. I myself had a difficult time with it and helping them. I was late for work. This is simply unacceptable. There has to be something one can do.

Old 03-15-2017, 05:57 PM

2,005 posts, read 2,090,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneMeyer View Post
Is there something that can be done about snow plows plowing snow back into the driveway? People died in this storm from heart attacks and my neighbors were out trying to shovel out a foot of the rock hard snow from the bottom of the driveway. One just had surgery and the husband has a heart condition. I myself had a difficult time with it and helping them. I was late for work. This is simply unacceptable. There has to be something one can do.
Lol seriously? You expect public works to remove the snow from the end of EVERY driveway?? That would take days or weeks and be crazy expensive to do...

People are delusional..

Old 03-15-2017, 06:24 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,183,267 times
Quote:
Once upon a time, a magical device called a plow was invented that attaches to the front of trucks.
Hire one.
Too costly? Beats having a heart attack

Old 03-15-2017, 06:48 PM

6,590 posts, read 4,984,771 times
Quote:
I drive through it. What I really hate is when they hit my snowbank and knock boulders into the sidewalk and apron.

I had surgery just before the last storm and had to hire someone. No way was I going to end up back in the hospital.

You have to either plan on it and get up early to re-clean, or just be late for work.

Old 03-15-2017, 07:36 PM

6,141 posts, read 5,111,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider111 View Post
Once upon a time, a magical device called a plow was invented that attaches to the front of trucks.
Hire one.
Too costly? Beats having a heart attack
You know what--I totally agree with this sentiment. Lived in 4 cities with snowy climates since 1999, started employing snowplow contractors, and never looked back. Had an uncle who keeled over from a heart attack at age 51, which may have something to do with how I feel about the subject.

Old 03-15-2017, 07:57 PM

830 posts, read 685,395 times
Quote:
Push it back in the street?

Old 03-15-2017, 08:47 PM

4,321 posts, read 4,210,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Read write up.. Evening before models showed there was going to be less snow for big cities. NWS refused to change because they didnt want to confuse people?
Also mentions Trump was right, again. Lol

https://twitter.com/capitalweather/s...92451703750659
People complaining "We're adults. NWS need to just give us the facts, and we'll decide" start off the wrong premise -- NWS does NOT have any facts to give. They make educated guesses, but they are not magicians.

Maybe people should face the truth that "Hey a storm is coming", and understand like the rest of us (including Trump) that metereologists do not get it exactly.

I think NWS did a great job with this storm -- They miss-guessed 30-40 miles for a storm that was 500 miles long. Big deal!!!

Old 03-16-2017, 03:51 AM

11,306 posts, read 18,902,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
You know what--I totally agree with this sentiment. Lived in 4 cities with snowy climates since 1999, started employing snowplow contractors, and never looked back. Had an uncle who keeled over from a heart attack at age 51, which may have something to do with how I feel about the subject.
We live in a condo complex where I have one indoor garage space and the maintenance takes care of the other space so we are lucky, but my mom had this exact issue with the plows and I took off yesterday to help her out with what was hours of chopping ice and shoveling. She is 73 and I will turn the big 5-0 later this year so I know where you're coming from though we're both in pretty good shape. We did a good job but both agreed that the time has come to pay an outsider next winter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut