Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2016, 09:17 AM

83,513 posts, read 75,277,900 times

Advertisements

Day #4 in a row with snow cover.

Hard to melt when max temps are in the 20s and lows in the teens. Pond ice getting thicker.

Dec 20, 2016

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2016, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTY483 View Post
I like the fact that you guys post so many pictures of where you actually live, like in town. It gives a real sense of what it's actually like there. Pictures in the western states forums are always of some deep red rock canyon, or a mountain or a waterfall or something.
Thanks. Still baffles me why people in this CT forum cant simply upload and post 1 photo they took of an area.

The last time was from FunkOdyssey on June 20-23rd.

Absolute DISGRACE.

Old 01-13-2017, 09:28 AM

18 posts, read 17,393 times
Seems like an old thread, but I'm new here so I figure I would share some pictures from the area where we're currently renting; Vernon, CT. The snow has melted already, though. Wife and I find that weird... That doesn't happen in January in our home state of Maine! haha

Fox Hill Tower at Henry Park:

Photo & Video Thread-img_8429.jpg

View of Rockville from the top of the hill:

Photo & Video Thread-optimized-img_8416.jpg

Cheers!

Old 01-13-2017, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marriedwithacat View Post
Seems like an old thread, but I'm new here so I figure I would share some pictures from the area where we're currently renting; Vernon, CT. The snow has melted already, though. Wife and I find that weird... That doesn't happen in January in our home state of Maine! haha

Fox Hill Tower at Henry Park:

Attachment 179696

View of Rockville from the top of the hill:

Attachment 179697

Cheers!
Thank You for reviving this thread. Nice photos!! Looks like a nice spot. And yeah, its common for snow to melt soon after a storm but less so outside the valley or coast and not every year is like this year with the big ups and downs. Sometimes the snow lasts longer. (not like Maine though! lol)

Hoping to see more pics from you since you're only here temporarily.

Old 01-13-2017, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Thank You for reviving this thread. Nice photos!! Looks like a nice spot. And yeah, its common for snow to melt soon after a storm but less so outside the valley or coast and not every year is like this year with the big ups and downs. Sometimes the snow lasts longer. (not like Maine though! lol)

Hoping to see more pics from you since you're only here temporarily.
Thank you Cambium. Yes, we are here temporarily while my wife completes her PhD at UConn. Then, it'll probably be back on the forums to decide where to finally "settle down" so to speak.

I actually do have lots of pics from this summer and fall, as we took drives across the state to get to know the area a little better. Inappropriate timing for positing those, you think?

Old 01-14-2017, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marriedwithacat View Post
Thank you Cambium. Yes, we are here temporarily while my wife completes her PhD at UConn. Then, it'll probably be back on the forums to decide where to finally "settle down" so to speak.

I actually do have lots of pics from this summer and fall, as we took drives across the state to get to know the area a little better. Inappropriate timing for positing those, you think?
Best of luck for your wife and the PhD!

Not inappropriate at all! Out of state would be but anything CT related photos (you took) is always awesome to see no matter when it was from. Just add a caption so we know when or where its from. Thanks for reviving this thread. Others rather talk about drama and politics instead of posting pictures of this small but nice photogenic state

Old 01-14-2017, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Best of luck for your wife and the PhD!
She appreciates that!

Quote:
Not inappropriate at all! Out of state would be but anything CT related photos (you took) is always awesome to see no matter when it was from. Just add a caption so we know when or where its from. Thanks for reviving this thread. Others rather talk about drama and politics instead of posting pictures of this small but nice photogenic state

Okay, so no Maine photos obviously. Too bad, wicked (I know ) beautiful state.

I have way too many picture to count (photography is a hobby of mine), so I'll share a couple from our journey to places in Litchfield County.

First the covered bridge in West Cornwall:

Photo & Video Thread-optimized-img_8180.jpg

The landscape near the bridge:

Photo & Video Thread-optimized-img_8176.jpg

Then, Kent Falls. We were a bit disappointed by the seeming lack of water, but with the drought the region was facing, not terribly surprising...

Photo & Video Thread-optimized-img_8210.jpg

Cheers again!

Old 01-14-2017, 07:03 AM

Again, I've got much more, but I'll share just a few each time I post (don't know how often that will be).

Old 01-14-2017, 08:09 PM

2,706 posts, read 3,378,494 times
Great pics

Old 01-15-2017, 09:46 AM

Thank you! I love taking photos...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut