Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2016, 05:58 AM

10,007 posts, read 11,161,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
NWS is showing some possible low 50s for Monday (day after Christmas).
Yea...looks like after today we go slightly above normal (just a couple degrees) through the end of the year with another lake cutter monday? Could spike temps into 50's that day. Otherwise boring seasonal weather.

Old 12-20-2016, 07:33 AM

11,298 posts, read 18,888,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Yea...looks like after today we go slightly above normal (just a couple degrees) through the end of the year with another lake cutter monday? Could spike temps into 50's that day. Otherwise boring seasonal weather.
Exactly. Monday might actually be our only 50s (much like Sunday was in the recent past period), I haven't looked beyond that.

Old 12-20-2016, 08:04 AM

10,007 posts, read 11,161,435 times
Quote:
Exactly. Monday might actually be our only 50s (much like Sunday was in the recent past period), I haven't looked beyond that.
Well next week looks slightly above normal..till Jan 1 after that I dont bother looking at.

Old 12-20-2016, 09:13 AM

83,518 posts, read 75,307,397 times
Day #4 in a row with snow cover here. Absolutely gorgeous! Temps in the 20s with crystal blue skies and fresh air.

Old 12-20-2016, 09:48 AM

Quote:
No agenda here,.

Kinda funny since twice I mention the "current" cold and you replied to mention 50s coming. lol. Yes, warm coming, I'm not buying 50s yet.

Quote:
Below normal might be tricky for the month at BDR which even with yesterday is still 0.3 ABOVE normal. .

I didn't realize they weren't below normal. 1st week of December & this past Sunday really hurting the numbers.

Did you see Great Falls Montana? 19 below normal for the month? WTF?! Many areas of the Northern Plains is insane this month and even for them, well below normal is insane! On the opposite note, Miami and South Florida is insane too! lol 86° record yesterday. WTF!?!

Old 12-20-2016, 11:41 AM

11,298 posts, read 18,888,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Kinda funny since twice I mention the "current" cold and you replied to mention 50s coming. lol. Yes, warm coming, I'm not buying 50s yet.

I didn't realize they weren't below normal. 1st week of December & this past Sunday really hurting the numbers.

Did you see Great Falls Montana? 19 below normal for the month? WTF?! Many areas of the Northern Plains is insane this month and even for them, well below normal is insane! On the opposite note, Miami and South Florida is insane too! lol 86° record yesterday. WTF!?!
You may be right on the 50s, only NWS is showing that and only for Monday. I looked at Accuweather and Weather Channel and they show quite a few high 40s next week, but no 50. I think they last few days they've been actually getting the forecast temps too high anyway.....for example I saw a lot of mid-upper 30s forecast today and here 3 hours before dark everyone is still in the upper 20s to around 30.

Did not see that about the Northern Plains. They do get bigger extremes than we do (i.e. I think the most "above normal" month ever in NYC was last December at 13 above normal and I think of the most (at least in the last 2 or 3 decades) "below normal" months in NYC, Feb. 2015 was 11 below normal), I've read in places like Minneapolis (to use a big city example) they have had past months that were 20 degrees above and below normal in average (not just a single day). Interesting stuff.

I know contrary to popular belief Miami never gets past the 90s even in summer (due to it's oceanic location) but am surprised they have record highs in the 80s even this time of year. Their average high this time of year is around 80 (or in the high 70s) I believe so I would've thought their record daily highs would still be over 90. But it's just speculation it's not one of those things I've really looked at extensively so I may be very wrong on that one.

Old 12-20-2016, 12:49 PM

Jet stream retreating back north = Pacific air flowing across without Arctic air around and a High to the South = Warmth. Mid Upper 40s likely. I still don't buy 50s but its not like it's rare for us.

NO SNOWSTORMS TILL JANUARY.

I don't see any Arctic air or snowstorm threats next 2 weeks. With a setup like this, I need to tread lightly with the "no 50s" comment. I know how easy it is to happen. lol

Old 12-20-2016, 01:12 PM

3pm temps. Amazing day WITH SUN. My max is 30.5° and no snow has melted let alone evaporated. You can walk on it.

Old 12-20-2016, 03:52 PM

Quote:
You may be right on the 50s, only NWS is showing that and only for Monday.
So how did you like todays weather? Past couple days? Good? Cold? No? Snowy enough? Sunny enough?

Old 12-20-2016, 05:41 PM

I noticed the Euro had some light snow rain showers around for 22d and 24th. So I checked the discussion.. sure enough they mention in.

Taunton

Quote:
National Weather Service Taunton MA
703 PM EST Tue Dec 20 2016

Thursday...

12z Model guidance have trended stronger with mid level trough along
with greater moisture advection. This will likely result in a
broken/fragmented band of rain showers across the region during the
morning and early afternoon hours from west to east. Across RI and
eastern MA southwest winds will warm blyr temps to support rain
showers. However farther inland model soundings suggest snow showers
are possible. Not much impact
here given light qpf and short
duration. Clearing trend during the afternoon from west to east

Friday and Saturday...

Strong subsidence and drying thru the column Thu ngt into Fri behind
departing short wave Thu. Thus expecting dry weather this period.
Modest CAA behind the front will only yield to seasonably cold temps
with highs in the upper 30s and lower 40s Fri. Fast upper air
pattern results in next mid level trough moving across the area
Saturday. Modest low level WAA Sat across the region should support
highs in the 40s...possibly near 50 across southeast MA. Although
guidance showing lots of clouds around Sat as models have trended
toward better moisture advection associated with this trough. In
fact 12z EC/GEFS and 00z EPS have trended toward higher pops. Thus a
low risk for a few rain showers (possibly snow showers inland).
However looks like a minor qpf event.

Christmas...

Dry weather expected and as mentioned above the trend will be for
cooler temps Christmas but not as cold as the GFS and its ensembles
are suggesting. A model blend offers highs in the lower 40s...upper
30s inland including the high terrain
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut