Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2015, 04:08 PM

2,601 posts, read 3,397,987 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
3pm Edit........ I'm done. Can't stand this weather. Can't even relax in the shade or walk into the sunny part of the yard without being uncomfortable. Inside and I'm very warm. Ugh
It wasn't even hot today

High temp was 81 at brainerd.

How much money would it take for you to take a 2 week vacation in tampa, florida in the middle of july?

Old 06-10-2015, 04:30 PM

83,520 posts, read 75,307,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelizard860 View Post
It wasn't even hot today

High temp was 81 at brainerd.

How much money would it take for you to take a 2 week vacation in tampa, florida in the middle of july?
Lol. A lot.

Been to Florida in February, August, & December.

February drove down to Miami then Ft Lauderdale. Was nice and warm. Jumped in the pool at the hotel. Thought how the hell can they live here. I just went for a break. Never forget driving back. In shorts and was snowing and freezing when I got to NJ.

August.. My God. Had a good time with some friends but man I was cranky and miserable the whole time. Either spent it in the ocean or in the AC. I barely ate the whole trip. Felt like someone was choking me with the humidity. Disgusting time to go.

December.. Thought i would try again but in a winter month... Unfortunetly the December I went was hot at that time... Standing on lines at theme park was unpleasant experience. Because it was DECEMBER!!! I wasn't expecting the sun and warmth like that.

Got discouraged from going again after that. Disgusting place.

Old 06-10-2015, 04:55 PM

1,344 posts, read 1,743,517 times
Quote:
Lol. A lot.

Been to Florida in February, August, & December.

February drove down to Miami then Ft Lauderdale. Was nice and warm. Jumped in the pool at the hotel. Thought how the hell can they live here. I just went for a break. Never forget driving back. In shorts and was snowing and freezing when I got to NJ.

August.. My God. Had a good time with some friends but man I was cranky and miserable the whole time. Either spent it in the ocean or in the AC. I barely ate the whole trip. Felt like someone was choking me with the humidity. Disgusting time to go.

December.. Thought i would try again but in a winter month... Unfortunetly the December I went was hot at that time... Standing on lines at theme park was unpleasant experience. Because it was DECEMBER!!! I wasn't expecting the sun and warmth like that.

Got discouraged from going again after that. Disgusting place.
You gotta check out my travelogue (ton of video and pics) from my Bahamas trip from last year.

That was in JULY!!!

http://abacoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11797

Old 06-10-2015, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by papafox View Post
You gotta check out my travelogue (ton of video and pics) from my Bahamas trip from last year.

That was in JULY!!!

The Bahamas that most have never seen--a journal from the out, OUT Islands w/HD video - Abaco Forum
I looked at your travel blog from the North Pole and read every word... I forbid myself to click that link, especially being in Summer. LOL

You guys ready for a hot one tomorrow? Cold front this weekend will knock temps down a bit. Plus any storms that may arise. Which are possible tomorrow.

A/C blasting inside right now. Shades been down all evening.

Old 06-10-2015, 08:42 PM

1,572 posts, read 1,561,204 times
@Cabmium: You are aware that summer starts on Sunday the 21st at 12:38 PM EDT...right? It could be 100 F/38 C tomorrow and it still isn't summer!

Old 06-10-2015, 09:14 PM

1,344 posts, read 1,743,517 times
Quote:
I looked at your travel blog from the North Pole and read every word... I forbid myself to click that link, especially being in Summer. LOL

You guys ready for a hot one tomorrow? Cold front this weekend will knock temps down a bit. Plus any storms that may arise. Which are possible tomorrow.

A/C blasting inside right now. Shades been down all evening.
Ouch!!!

i understand though!

Old 06-11-2015, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEVIN_224 View Post
@Cabmium: You are aware that summer starts on Sunday the 21st at 12:38 PM EDT...right? It could be 100 F/38 C tomorrow and it still isn't summer!
No.. Meteorological Summer is June-July-August. June 1 to August 31. So when talking seasons and weather, remember the full 3 months. Fall is Sept 1-Nov 30.

Here's a good explaination why. http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/news/meteor...99s-difference

"In short, it is because the astronomical seasons are based on the position of the Earth in relation to the sun, whereas the meteorological seasons are based on the annual temperature cycle."

"Meteorologists and climatologists break the seasons down into groupings of three months based on the annual temperature cycle as well as our calendar. We generally think of winter as the coldest time of the year and summer as the warmest time of the year, with spring and fall being the transition seasons, and that is what the meteorological seasons are based on."

It's actually pretty amazing when you follow the weather closely... Most of our Fall cool downs start beginning of September, not Sept 21st.

Old 06-11-2015, 10:46 AM

2,394 posts, read 4,086,545 times
Quote:
I'm done. Can't stand this weather. Can't even relax in the shade or walk into the sunny part of the yard without being uncomfortable. Inside and I'm very warm. Ugh
Someone wrote:
Quote:
It's mother nature, we have no control so embrace it, appreciate it or get out.

Old 06-11-2015, 11:04 AM

I got poison ivy. This sucks. Have to stay cool and dry. Man I hate summer with a passion. Lets get past this crap season. Always suffer through summer. At least we know seasons do change.

In just 3 more months Fall begins and 80s and 90s and mugginess ends.

Old 06-11-2015, 11:38 AM

10,007 posts, read 11,161,435 times
Quote:
I got poison ivy. This sucks. Have to stay cool and dry. Man I hate summer with a passion. Lets get past this crap season. Always suffer through summer. At least we know seasons do change.

In just 3 more months Fall begins and 80s and 90s and mugginess ends.
I for one am looking forward to a nice warm summer. Then a classic cool fall and another cold snowy winter...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut