Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2014, 03:11 PM

1,395 posts, read 1,513,085 times

Advertisements

Insane. SW CT about to get another 4-8 with 8-12 a possibility tonight. What a storm!

.NEAR TERM /UNTIL 6 AM FRIDAY MORNING/... ...ANOTHER HIT OF HEAVY SNOW FOR THE LOWER HUDSON VALLEY...NORTHEAST NEW JERSEY...NYC/LI METRO AND SOUTHWEST CT TONIGHT... A HEAVY SNOW BAND WHICH DROPPED BETWEEN 6 AND 15 INCHES ACROSS THE REGION EARLY THIS MORNING INTO EARLY AFTERNOON HAS PUSHED NORTH OF THE REGION WITH DRY SLOT OVER THE REGION THROUGH THE REMAINDER OF THE AFTERNOON. MAINLY SOME LIGHT RAIN SHOWERS AND DRIZZLE CITY/COAST...AND LIGHT WINTRY MIX INTERIOR. A FEW HUNDREDTHS OF AN INCH TO A TENTH OT TWO OF ICE ACCUM LIKELY INTERIOR OF THE CITY/COAST.

THE NEXT CONCERN...AND PART TWO OF THIS STORM SYSTEM...WILL BE WITH AN APPROACHING STRONG UPPER LOW WHICH WILL PIVOT NE FROM THE THE MID ATLANTIC AND THROUGH THE REGION TONIGHT. THE STRONG FORCING AND AMPLE MOISTURE FEED WITH THIS UPPER LEVEL SYSTEM AND BOMBING SURFACE LOW TRACKING OVER FAR SE PORTIONS OF THE REGION WILL ALLOW FOR MODERATE TO HEAVY PRECIP TO REDEVELOP ACROSS THE REGION THIS EVENING. ASSOCIATED INSTABILITY WILL EVEN SUPPORT THUNDERSTORM MAINTENANCE INTO OUR REGION TONIGHT...WHICH IS BEING SEEN ACROSS THE COASTAL VIRGINIA/DC AREA LATE THIS AFTERNOON. WITH WARM LAYER ALOFT FOR MUCH OF THE REGION THIS EVENING...INITIALLY PRECIP WILL BE IN THE FORM OF RAIN ALONG THE COAST AND A WINTRY MIX INTERIOR NW. THIS SHOULD QUICKLY CHANGE TO MODERATE TO HEAVY SNOW ACROSS NW INTERIOR SECTIONS BY MID EVENING...AND THEN LIKEWISE TRANSITIONING TO SNOW FROM NW TO SE THROUGH THE EVENING OVER THE WESTERN HALF OF THE CWA. IT MAY TAKE UNTIL AFT MIDNIGHT...WHEN THE MID LEVEL LOW MOVES NE OF THE REGION FOR TRANSITION TO SNOW ACROSS EASTERN LI AND SE CT...LIMITING ADDITIONAL SNOW ACCUM.

MODELS HAVE BEEN CONSISTENT WITH THIS BACKSIDE DEFORMATION BANDING OVER THE LAST FEW DAYS...AND CONFIDENCE IS MODERATE TO HIGH IN A SWATH OF HEAVY SNOW ACROSS THE LOWER HUDSON VALLEY...NE NJ...NYC/LI METRO AND SW CT. TRAVEL WILL ONCE AGAIN NOT BE RECOMMENDED TONIGHT IN THIS AREA...WITH SNOWFALL RATES OF 1 TO 3 INCHES...AND AS MUCH AS 4 TO 8 INCHES OF ADDITIONAL SNOW LIKELY HERE. THERE IS A LOW PROBABILITY OF AN ADDITIONAL 8 TO 12 INCHES...PARTICULARLY N&W OF NYC. BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW IS LIKELY AFT MIDNIGHT ACROSS THIS AREA AS WINDS BEG

Old 02-13-2014, 03:15 PM

14,058 posts, read 13,959,440 times
GFS late Sat: next Nor'easter bombs out & tracks close enough to New England to potentially bring major snow (again)

Old 02-13-2014, 03:31 PM

679 posts, read 1,191,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
GFS late Sat: next Nor'easter bombs out & tracks close enough to New England to potentially bring major snow (again)
CMC 12z is like GFS (maybe a tad east) but not as strong.

Euro has the low too.

Old 02-13-2014, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubeworm View Post
CMC 12z is like GFS (maybe a tad east) but not as strong.

Euro has the low too.

What the totals will be if the storm is closer and futher out The Storm is deveopling not too far from CT.

Old 02-13-2014, 03:44 PM

Quote:
What the totals will be if the storm is closer and futher out The Storm is deveopling not too far from CT.
The Saturday potential is new to me. After the current storm/upper level low moves over us, we will have a better view of any potential snow in the days to come. If there is a storm near the Benchmark, that would be inches of more snow.

Old 02-13-2014, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubeworm View Post
The Saturday potential is new to me. After the current storm/upper level low moves over us, we will have a better view of any potential snow in the days to come. If there is a storm near the Benchmark, that would be inches of more snow.

The Weather Channel say It possbile another nor-easter if the track get very close it major storm it streghting very quick...

This Monday-Tuesday storm

Old 02-13-2014, 03:50 PM

856 posts, read 2,016,486 times
I went out to snow low again now there's a new storm for Saturday? Wasn't it supposed to be a dusting? I live snow but seriously this needs to be the last week of winter...I'll never see my sports car leave the garage again lol

Anyone see those Great Lakes photos? They're mostly frozen over.

Old 02-13-2014, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TobinJ View Post
I went out to snow low again now there's a new storm for Saturday? Wasn't it supposed to be a dusting? I live snow but seriously this needs to be the last week of winter...I'll never see my sports car leave the garage again lol

As Right Now they saying several inches but if track get closer to New England We in trouble again it major because the storm developing & stregthing over the atlantic ocean it going pick up some energy from Ice strom down south.

Old 02-13-2014, 03:55 PM

Quote:
The Weather Channel say It possbile another nor-easter if the track get very close it major storm it streghting very quick...
It's POSSIBLE for there to be rapid intensification and bombogenesis with the potential nor'easter. But let's give it another day and look at things again. I'm sure Cam will give his opinion on the potential when he has the chance!

Old 02-13-2014, 04:36 PM

83,550 posts, read 75,428,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
Insane. SW CT about to get another 4-8 with 8-12 a possibility tonight. What a storm!
Holy smokes. BDR is at 49.2" of snow for the season with the record 9.5" today.

All Products by Site - NOAA's National Weather Service

The 25.1" for the month is the 4th snowiest February on record. And more coming? I am exhausted. Need to rest. Be safe all
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut