Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2014, 09:03 PM

6,590 posts, read 4,980,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
Right now I'm at a hotel in Virginia and overheard a conversation with some older couple saying that they moved to Florida a few years ago and they're driving from somewhere in the northeast back to Florida (after visiting family there) and the woman was asked if she misses winter in the north and she said "I don't miss it AT all."

Seems like 90% of people who move out of CT are happy with their decisions, especially when it comes to climate.
Weather and COL will be why I leave and I can promise you I will NEVER say ohhhhh I miss the snow. BTDT

Again, I have the gear to stay outside all winter. But I hate the mess. And the damage the salt does to cars (which costs me money). And heating costs, closed windows. Nope, won't miss it.

Damn cold right now Cam! Hope your night is going well because of it

Old 12-31-2014, 09:51 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,166,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLoveTo View Post
Weather and COL will be why I leave and I can promise you I will NEVER say ohhhhh I miss the snow. BTDT

Again, I have the gear to stay outside all winter. But I hate the mess. And the damage the salt does to cars (which costs me money). And heating costs, closed windows. Nope, won't miss it.

Yes COL ..emphatic NO on weather. The heat and misery in the south all summer is insufferable.

Old 12-31-2014, 10:04 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,956,053 times
Quote:

It's not THAT bad though. I mean, there has been NO snow so far this winter in CT......well at least not in Norwalk!

Old 12-31-2014, 10:06 PM

6,590 posts, read 4,980,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Yes COL ..emphatic NO on weather. The heat and misery in the south all summer is insufferable.
It's not like there is just north OR south.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
It's not THAT bad though. I mean, there has been NO snow so far this winter in CT......well at least not in Norwalk!
Nope, this winter has been great so far for those still recovering from last winter, spring and summer. But it's not like you can count on it every year.

Old 12-31-2014, 10:35 PM

83,529 posts, read 75,355,132 times
Quote:
Thanks. Hope ur staying warm. About 10-15 below normal for this time of yr.

In November Bridgeport got into the 20s 8 times.
December only 6 times. Would of been 4 if it wasn't for the last 2 mornings

Old 01-01-2015, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Oh. FYI. Models all trended colder past couple days. So back to the snow chance now. Maybe this "is" the beginning of a colder snowier pattern. We won't know till next month. Lol

So now expect snow to start Sat evening then change to rain overnight Sunday morning.
WITH MODELS CONVERGING ON A STRONGER PRIMARY LOW...FORECAST IS
WETTER RATHER THAN WHITER.

Back to rain mostly..primary low will be the strong one and we know where that's headed.

Old 01-01-2015, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
WITH MODELS CONVERGING ON A STRONGER PRIMARY LOW...FORECAST IS
WETTER RATHER THAN WHITER.

Back to rain mostly..primary low will be the strong one and we know where that's headed.
Trend is your friend. In my case, the enemy. Horrible. Will this Tuesday clipper bring any of the spirit back in us? GFS more bullish. Euro not impressed. I'm not counting on it.

Might as well go for the Gold! Snowless year on record here we come. lol

I don't see any big threats for snowstorms next 2 weeks. All are borderline. Definitely a different look than last year where I felt more confident mentioning a snowstorm.

Old 01-01-2015, 06:00 AM

First morning of 2015.

Temps on left, Wind Chills on right. Feels like teens out there.

Old 01-01-2015, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Trend is your friend. In my case, the enemy. Horrible. Will this Tuesday clipper bring any of the spirit back in us? GFS more bullish. Euro not impressed. I'm not counting on it.

Might as well go for the Gold! Snowless year on record here we come. lol

I don't see any big threats for snowstorms next 2 weeks. All are borderline. Definitely a different look than last year where I felt more confident mentioning a snowstorm.
Its funny because in the last few years we have gotten so spoiled with storms tracking just off the coast. I actually said last year at one point we don't get the inside runners anymore it seems. Well...guess the law of averages has caught up.

Old 01-01-2015, 06:29 AM

11,302 posts, read 18,895,695 times
NWS trending back towards snow and sleet tp start Saturday afternoon though.....last nite they had it all rain south of 287 and in Greenwich and Stamford, and just a brief bit of snow elsewhere. Now its even showing for NYC snow and sleet until late Saturday but then a massive turn to rain and 50s for all so still a dud in the end. But may still have to be careful out there Saturday late afternoon and evening before it gets a lot better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut