Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2016, 10:12 PM

2,122 posts, read 2,420,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Difficult to find a solution when all your money is being taxed away, you make too much for heakth insurance and food stamps ( Not in my case.) That's why a lot of people can't see a light and CT is filled with petty crime and illicit substance use. I mean I am taxed to a point it's a challenge I still have some cash to eat nothing to save, but it is what it is.
Good lord, thank you for bringing this back on topic...mostly anyway. I suppose taxes are economics related. Certainly the dismal healthcare jobs situation is. I'm aware of your situation. It sucks. Hopefully you will graduate and find a smooth transition to Boston like everyone else.

Old 04-03-2016, 10:18 PM

34,018 posts, read 17,045,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigequinox View Post
Good lord, thank you for bringing this back on topic...mostly anyway. I suppose taxes are economics related. Certainly the dismal healthcare jobs situation is. I'm aware of your situation. It sucks. Hopefully you will graduate and find a smooth transition to Boston like everyone else.
A transition would be the best option, no doubt. My cousin is in school as her hospital is signaling of large future headcount reductions, and her department is going away, w/o the safety of knowing they can transfer all of them.

Old 04-03-2016, 10:18 PM

2,753 posts, read 3,310,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Difficult to find a solution when all your money is being taxed away, you make too much for heakth insurance and food stamps ( Not in my case.) That's why a lot of people can't see a light and CT is filled with petty crime and illicit substance use.

I mean I am taxed to a point it's a challenge I still have some cash to eat nothing to save, but it is what it is. I live pay check to pay check.

This age in America is different then the lives people lived prior to the 90's. This is the Era where banks are nationalized, your votes don't count, corruption in politics is blatantly obvious, heakthcare/social services are being cut, America drains it's money on welfare and the rich the middle class is barely making it. Our taxes are not used to provide any or little service to the people, look at CT. College is basically is unobtainable for many people minimum wage job's grow.
As I said for years, as the population increases the COL increases. Wages can't keep up with the rising COL. Taxes have to go up to compensate for all the growth. Look at North Carolina and California. Both states have gotten more expensive over the years. IMO The more people you have in a civilized society, the harder it is to make odd ends meet because you have more things you have to pay for. I can guarantee you that social security will be gone when I retire.

Old 04-03-2016, 10:26 PM

9,909 posts, read 7,692,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
A transition would be the best option, no doubt. My cousin is in school as her hospital is signaling of large future headcount reductions, and her department is going away, w/o the safety of knowing they can transfer all of them.
Governor cut close to $600 Million dollars to hospitals in the state over the course of his reign in CT, increased hospital taxes, and preventing the growth of physician offices (still don't understand that law. He is preventing hospital mergers while hospitals are trying to survive. The Governor is saying it's for patients to prevent rising cost and keep jobs, which it is doing the exact opposite just protecting union job's basically. The Governor not releasing some of that $600 Million funds he held for Medicare/Medicaid prevented the growth of 600 heakthcare job's in the state.

Old 04-03-2016, 10:31 PM

2,122 posts, read 2,420,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
I anticipate some profound demographic changes in CT (for the worse) over the next few decades. Economic and population growth is stagnant. The state foolishly thinks it has a monopoly on "great education and healthcare", while costs are rapidly rising for the former and, as Run, your cousin (and soon patients) are clearly aware, the healthcare system is starting to take huge hits. Other regions have rapidly growing populations, expanding economies, education systems that are now on par with or exceeding CT and healthcare industries with improving reputations. I believe the exodus rate will only accelerate. Soon enough, people will learn that the "high COL is because we have great services" mantra is a marketing scam or a defense mechanism by trapped residents. As a state, CT has set itself up to compete with other states on nearly every front. a "no no" our astute leaders should have learned in business 101.

Old 04-03-2016, 10:38 PM

9,909 posts, read 7,692,561 times
True I mean don't get me wrong CT is a great state in some aspects, but it is losing competitive ground economically.

Old 04-04-2016, 04:52 AM

4,316 posts, read 4,204,302 times
In the 60s Democrats instituted Welfare policies of turning productive people into Govt-dependent class, in perpetuity. CT was at the forefront. So CT started producing and importing Democratic voters. So now, Democrats have CT. This multi-decade strategy was just that -- an intentional, though-out strategy, and not a coincidence.

Now CT's constituents are at a logjam. The river of tax receipts has dried up, turned into a creek, and now it is simply trickling.

In customary psychotic fashion Democrats and their drones blame others, small businesses, financiers, GE, everybody, except themselves.

And if don't drone off this BS, something's wrong with you.

Jay makes the point of high incomes, which we all know are skewed because of FFC working on Wall Street, and its satellite -- Stamford.

That's what's keeping CT wobbling-along to its slow death of this once-great state. Absurdity does not last forever. Eventually math wins.

Last edited by Henry10; 04-04-2016 at 05:02 AM..

Old 04-04-2016, 05:19 AM

4,316 posts, read 4,204,302 times
Myself, I have already started the move-out. One kid is already moving away. The closest she will get is VA / DC. But 75% she will go Atlanta (Emory). Maybe Nashville (Vanderbilt) later.

The other one is in the performing arts. Hard to be away from NYC or LA. Until she is on her own; many years.

My business / career is no longer NYC-specific. We're a bunch of liberal investors who keep investing down south. Office, retail, hospitality, multis, healthcare, etc. Especially with the cooling off of luxury condo markets in and around large cities.

You can't ignore the South if you want to make money. That's where the growth is. CT and other northern states are rusting away. Just pathetic red-tape, tax burden, de-growth, or even worse.

And no moralizing on C-D will ever turn-back the clock. We're moving forward. The real forward.

Old 04-04-2016, 06:17 AM

14,049 posts, read 13,923,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry10 View Post
In the 60s Democrats instituted Welfare policies of turning productive people into Govt-dependent class, in perpetuity. CT was at the forefront. So CT started producing and importing Democratic voters. So now, Democrats have CT. This multi-decade strategy was just that -- an intentional, though-out strategy, and not a coincidence.

Now CT's constituents are at a logjam. The river of tax receipts has dried up, turned into a creek, and now it is simply trickling.

In customary psychotic fashion Democrats and their drones blame others, small businesses, financiers, GE, everybody, except themselves.

And if don't drone off this BS, something's wrong with you.

Jay makes the point of high incomes, which we all know are skewed because of FFC working on Wall Street, and its satellite -- Stamford.

That's what's keeping CT wobbling-along to its slow death of this once-great state. Absurdity does not last forever. Eventually math wins.
What CT income and economy will be without Stamford/Norwalk/Darien/Westport/Greenwich/New Cannan/Wilton/Weston/Redding/Ridgefield

Old 04-04-2016, 06:47 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,133,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry10 View Post
It's a conspiracy, right?

In every society there are people in need of the social safety net. Some interesting facts about time actually spent on public assistance here:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut