Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2020, 05:56 PM

34,939 posts, read 56,958,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry10 View Post
You counter with Wikipedia as “objective and unbiased?” Seriously?!
These are facts being given, not opinions, so yeah, Wikipedia. If you have something that states the facts clearly and simply, please post them. Jay

Old 12-21-2020, 06:16 PM

There have been a number of off topic posts that have been deleted. Please return to discussing the topic of the OP. JayCT, Moderator

Old 12-21-2020, 06:24 PM

4,319 posts, read 4,207,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
These are facts being given, not opinions, so yeah, Wikipedia. If you have something that states the facts clearly and simply, please post them. Jay
Jay: you know that I can find any facts I need to in order to substantiate my foregone conclusion. Whatever that conclusion is — I will find “facts” to support it.

I think debating ideas, opinions is a lot more useful than laying claim to “facts” we pull out of the internet.

Old 12-21-2020, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry10 View Post
Jay: you know that I can find any facts I need to in order to substantiate my foregone conclusion. Whatever that conclusion is — I will find “facts” to support it.

I think debating ideas, opinions is a lot more useful than laying claim to “facts” we pull out of the internet.
Again, these are facts I’ve found. If you found something different, please post them. Jay

Old 12-21-2020, 10:24 PM

83,520 posts, read 75,333,969 times
Good news for the economic climate of Southeast CT but horrible way to promote it. The comments are worth reading too.

https://twitter.com/ChrisMurphyCT/st...24581189824518

Old 12-22-2020, 04:02 AM

21,621 posts, read 31,215,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NUHuskies01 View Post
This right here. I said the same thing in the early fall. All these businesses that are having to close, especially the restaurant business, it is not the failure of local and state governments, but the federal government which has refused to provide any sort of real aid. How hard would it have been to provide enough funding to cover leases and utilities at the least? You have the tax returns, you have rental agreements, it could be done.

Even the deal struck last night, not going to help anyone. But hey, at least now when ad executives go back to work in NYC, those restaurants that have managed to stay open will be able to get more liquor sales due to the ability to write businesses lunches off again! Really big deal!
Who are closing those businesses? That would be those local and state governments you’re giving a free pass to.

We’ve discussed this before. Lockdowns don’t work. They are decimating small businesses. The federal government isn’t responsible for that.

It’s amazing to see someone blame the federal government for not providing relief to a segment that is being eradicated by state governments.

Old 12-22-2020, 05:15 AM

2,001 posts, read 1,865,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Who are closing those businesses? That would be those local and state governments you’re giving a free pass to.

We’ve discussed this before. Lockdowns don’t work. They are decimating small businesses. The federal government isn’t responsible for that.

It’s amazing to see someone blame the federal government for not providing relief to a segment that is being eradicated by state governments.
Yoy are right. Some states including where I am now said they wasn't shutting down alot of stuff like last time. When ny and CT shutdown the first time get togethers where still going on. Everybody was at "essential" business. Walmart/lowes ect.

Even with that being said I agree with huskie up to a certain point. The big gov are not helping compared to other countries. Other countries on lockdowm they are being helped tremendously., but they did give an extra 600 a week out here which is absurd in my opinion.

I have said this before the rona started.

Atlanta is going to be the new Hollywood/la
Dallas is going to be the new silicone valley
South Florida is going to be the new nyc

Old 12-22-2020, 05:37 AM

34,058 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post

Old 12-22-2020, 05:51 AM

1,241 posts, read 903,301 times
Dallas isn’t even the “Silicon Valley” of Texas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayoskillz View Post
Yoy are right. Some states including where I am now said they wasn't shutting down alot of stuff like last time. When ny and CT shutdown the first time get togethers where still going on. Everybody was at "essential" business. Walmart/lowes ect.

Even with that being said I agree with huskie up to a certain point. The big gov are not helping compared to other countries. Other countries on lockdowm they are being helped tremendously., but they did give an extra 600 a week out here which is absurd in my opinion.

I have said this before the rona started.

Old 12-22-2020, 06:15 AM

710 posts, read 402,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayoskillz View Post
Silicon Valley folks will move to Texas to escape the high tax, big government, leftist California yet they'll vote the same way in TX as they did in CA and it'll eventually turn it into what they fled from. Maybe not in 2022 or 2024, but maybe the late 20's they'll send a Dem senator to Congress or something.

I don't know about the Atlanta turning into Hollywood and South Florida turning into NYC part though LOL.

Once the pandemic is over and we watch Joe Biden and his vice prez take their masks off at an event televised and watched by millions, I believe NYC will rebound. But they have to do something about their soft on crime laws though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut