Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2020, 03:38 AM

3,435 posts, read 3,943,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
You might as well call the Stamford area Miami at this point at the amount of people out partying, young and old. There's a lot of money there and they aren't shy about spending it. Nobody cares.
Well the new cases are mostly coming from Eastern CT and the Hartford area, so I think there's the feeling that its mostly run its course in FFC, outside of Danbury.

Old 10-06-2020, 10:33 AM

6,892 posts, read 3,736,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike 75 View Post
Well the new cases are mostly coming from Eastern CT and the Hartford area, so I think there's the feeling that its mostly run its course in FFC, outside of Danbury.
Not only is the feeling that it's run it's course, but it's gone with the wind, never got a chance to know ya'.

Sure, you still see the person with the "biggest mask you ever saw in your life" walking in the opposite direction eyes fixed and gazed tip-toe around you like you might steal their firstborn, but masks are now worn to satisfy indoor regulations or not stir up any possible troubles. Reserved Nutmeggars don't want to be bothered.
As soon as they sit at the restaurant table though those things come off faster than a cheap suit.

Old 10-07-2020, 11:31 AM

70 posts, read 40,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry10 View Post
Long term trends are quite clear. Short term, CV may be suppressing these trends but as people have said people are going out again with a “vengeance.”

Downtown Stamford was packed Saturday night. “Eating” is only a small part of the “dining out” experience. Socialization, camaraderie, “foodie” experience, etc — Looking from a long-term perspective — these are not slowing down any time soon. On the contrary. Sometimes its even irrespective of the economy.
Where was downtown Stamford packed? I went a couple weekends ago and it was pretty dead. There's def people eating outside at tables like Tigin and what not but the whole area around Columbus park outside tiernan's is like a revolving door of restaurants and bars. When i was living there a handful of years ago, BarQ and whatever Blackbear was at that iteration were pretty lively with the 25 and younger crowd but i believe those spots have been vacant for a good few years

Old 10-07-2020, 11:34 AM

21,738 posts, read 28,070,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
Not only is the feeling that it's run it's course, but it's gone with the wind, never got a chance to know ya'.

Sure, you still see the person with the "biggest mask you ever saw in your life" walking in the opposite direction eyes fixed and gazed tip-toe around you like you might steal their firstborn, but masks are now worn to satisfy indoor regulations or not stir up any possible troubles. Reserved Nutmeggars don't want to be bothered.
As soon as they sit at the restaurant table though those things come off faster than a cheap suit.
I've been fine abiding by the indoor mask rules for a while now. I was just talking to a friend, though, that if they're still in place in Spring–I will go au natural for the principle of it. Fine me.

Old 10-07-2020, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
I've been fine abiding by the indoor mask rules for a while now. I was just talking to a friend, though, that if they're still in place in Spring–I will go au natural for the principle of it. Fine me.
The Results should be ironed out by Groundhog Day. If the gopher tells us it's 4 more years of Covid, then I would expect a lot of folks will feel that way, yes absolutely.
Any vaccine or remedy before that will be met with zealous doubt and push back.

Old 10-07-2020, 02:29 PM

https://www.courant.com/sports/uconn...zny-story.html

no UConn XL games till fall 2021, I guess it makes sense from a financial standpoint to not bother if they cant fully open but it will stink for businesses that are around the xl center that used to get the traffic before and after games.

Old 10-07-2020, 04:23 PM

145 posts, read 79,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
Wearing a mask is not hard or harmful. It's obviously beneficial to society as a whole if everyone does their part. You wear clothes and shoes in public - per social norms, expectations, and consequences - and probably don't have similar issues.

Old 10-07-2020, 04:38 PM

34,037 posts, read 17,056,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shartnado42 View Post
https://www.courant.com/sports/uconn...zny-story.html

no UConn XL games till fall 2021, I guess it makes sense from a financial standpoint to not bother if they cant fully open but it will stink for businesses that are around the xl center that used to get the traffic before and after games.
Very bad news.

Old 10-07-2020, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Very bad news.
that on top of not having the yard goats there this summer has got to be rough for surrounding businesses on top of covid.

Old 10-07-2020, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Very bad news.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shartnado42 View Post
that on top of not having the yard goats there this summer has got to be rough for surrounding businesses on top of covid.
Nothing is shrouded in mystery here. It's well known sports and entertainment took a big hit across the nation. Bad news all around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut