Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 06:48 AM

1,135 posts, read 2,496,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
If you stay away from grasses/trees/brush/etc, no worries. If the path is well cleared and you wear proper clothing you're unlikely to pick up a tick.
Wrong, i was walking around my short well cleared trail around my property this morning, below freezing temps and still snow on the ground in spots, got in the car to go to work and was shocked to find a tick crawling up my leg. grrr! I guess its that time again..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2013, 07:23 AM

229 posts, read 463,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Oh wow, thats a must. Great links!

Here's a picture of that wall I took January 2013 in HDR and blue effects.
Where exactly is that ? What is the name of the park? Thanks

Old 04-04-2013, 07:29 AM

83,551 posts, read 75,428,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marketa View Post
Where exactly is that ? What is the name of the park? Thanks
That pic was taken from Route 8 northbound. I forget which town exactly in and I'm not familiar with the park or trails that andthentherewere3 mentioned, yet.

Old 04-04-2013, 07:34 AM

229 posts, read 463,570 times
We live pretty close to Devil's Den, Huntington State Park and the Saugatuck Falls area. We love hiking in all those parks, although they are not as big or impressive as the mountains. Saugatuck Falls actually has water falls that could be hiked up, since they are not too steep. If you live around Danbury-Norwalk, the above mentioned sites are a good option for hiking, especially if you just want to spend only a couple of hours in the nature

Old 04-04-2013, 08:09 AM

21,782 posts, read 28,131,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris410 View Post
Wrong, i was walking around my short well cleared trail around my property this morning, below freezing temps and still snow on the ground in spots, got in the car to go to work and was shocked to find a tick crawling up my leg. grrr! I guess its that time again..
Don't suppose you have a dog?

Old 04-04-2013, 10:45 AM

163 posts, read 240,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris410 View Post
Yup. I've heard several reports of ticks already this year, and from well cleared areas.

Old 04-04-2013, 10:51 AM

163 posts, read 240,815 times
I really like White Memorial Nature, Camping, Museum, Environmental Education - White Memorial Conservation Center, Litchfield, CT for more flat hiking. The Talcott Mountain Ridge trail to the tower is really nice too, with a bit of uphill to it. DEEP: Talcott Mountain State Park.

Old 10-28-2013, 12:15 PM

83,551 posts, read 75,428,957 times
Bluff Head Ridge in North Guilford. Easy hike but some non steep climbing involved. Less than 1 hour to Top with some lookout points along the way. Trail was mostly along the edge of the hill.

Sign says serious injury or death can occur if you fall off the cliff.

A loud blast scared the massive flock of birds. No idea what the blast was. (Highway? Shot Gun? Explosion?) Kinda reminded me I was too close to civilization still. But a nice hike it was.

Old 10-30-2013, 09:30 AM

1,351 posts, read 2,695,626 times
funny that this thread popped up.. just yesterday i was on Atkins St in E Berlin and noticed what at first looked like a sidewalk but turned out to be a full blown trail of some kind at least - it was paved and not really in the woods but it stretched out for quite a ways. here's a link to google maps (may have to zoom in)..

Atkins path

anybody know what trail this is? there's no mention of the name on the map.

Old 10-30-2013, 03:44 PM

4,787 posts, read 11,770,444 times
Slipperman-

I know what that is---it's an abandoned golf course. The course is now owned by the town of Berlin and is open to the public. There is no golf course there now, it's all overgrown, but is used simply as open space.

The pavement you see is golf cart paths and there may be a few miles or more of them. From what I've heard it's is a really good walk/ hike with interesting terrain and some good views.

For the life of me, the name of the place escapes me, but if you Googled you might be able to find out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut