Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2012, 06:07 PM

1,607 posts, read 3,089,300 times

Advertisements

So if this path stays true central ct gets a couple inches of rain and some gusty winds, but a lot of NJ gets 9 inches of rain and parts of west Virginia get almost 2 feet of snow? That is crippling with all the leaves still on the trees holy crap.

We had our share of that last october, no power/heat for 8 days sucked
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2012, 06:10 PM

139 posts, read 355,415 times
I could use some input from the weather experts - we are closing on a home in Glastonbury mid or late next wk, and will be doing our final inspection/walk through on Monday or Tuesday. Should we be concerned that the storm could do damage to the property, and therefore, do the walk through as late as possible next wk (without ticking off the sellers)? thks

Old 10-25-2012, 06:17 PM

1,497 posts, read 4,457,387 times
LOL, welcome to the club...that is exactly what happened to us last year with Irene. If you already have your closing scheduled, I'd be surprised if they let you off the hook that easy. For us, it was a sign NOT to move in the first place as almost a year later, my husband's job is likely taking us right back west unexpectedly.

But on a side note, I'll take earthquakes ANY day over this crap 2 years in a row! Hurricanes, rain, wind, blizzards, heat waves...blech! At least an earthquake is over before you know it was even coming, and you know if you are in trouble or not. With all of this, millions of people loose sleep for a week over a bunch of what-ifs. Nuts!

Old 10-25-2012, 06:17 PM

I live in Glastonbury, if the storm is bad I would wait...

Old 10-25-2012, 06:27 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,625,697 times
“Perfect Storm” Set to Occur on 21st Anniversary of Original Historic Event | RSMAS Blog

Old 10-25-2012, 06:40 PM

11,294 posts, read 18,872,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjinla View Post

But on a side note, I'll take earthquakes ANY day over this crap 2 years in a row! Hurricanes, rain, wind, blizzards, heat waves...blech! At least an earthquake is over before you know it was even coming, and you know if you are in trouble or not. With all of this, millions of people loose sleep for a week over a bunch of what-ifs. Nuts!
At least though with "this crap" you have warning that something may happen and can be prepared to not be somewhere so dangerous. Like I wouldn't be outside on the beach on the onset of a hurricane, but I have no warning that I potentially could be in an unsafe building and an earthquake occurs (that said, I think even in Cali they are 'uncommon' enough that I wouldn't freak out about living there (almost had a chance to back in 1993), especially given their superior "earthquake building codes" nowadays).

Going back "on topic", starting to wonder if the real "historic danger" is going to be south of here (i.e. NJ through Virginia), though I'm sure even then it will still have some impact here. One thing that is freaking me out is this thing is 1600 MILES in diameter! That means if one end of the storm was in Maine, the other would be in Florida, yikes!

Old 10-25-2012, 06:47 PM

754 posts, read 1,017,378 times
I think it sounds like a rainy day on tues with a lil wind.

Basically a bust here like every other storm this year.

Old 10-25-2012, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixum View Post
I think it sounds like a rainy day on tues with a lil wind.

Basically a bust here like every other storm this year.
I sure hoPe so. We got our fix of no power 2x last year

Old 10-25-2012, 07:13 PM

11,294 posts, read 18,872,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctwhitechin View Post
I sure hoPe so. We got our fix of no power 2x last year
And having storms affect Halloween for kids 2 years in a row would stink!

Old 10-25-2012, 07:15 PM

21,616 posts, read 31,180,666 times
It seems that the meteorologists on TV are sticking to their guns about a possible CT/NYC landfall just as much as a possible NJ/DE landfall. This is frustrating, especially since I live on the shoreline.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut