Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2009, 07:45 PM

3 posts, read 5,761 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone.

My boyfriend and I currently live in the Grandview area which we love. But we are looking for some place to move that is more affordable. We currently have a pretty small, ridiculously old and outdated apartment we are paying $715 for. To get everything we want we have realized we will need to look outside of Grandview. This is my list of wishes:

Townhouse/Duplex
with at least partially finished basement (not necessity)
washer dryer hookups
updated appliances
takes large dogs
takes cats
has some sort of private fenced in patio
garage would be nice but not important

Rent must be under $800 after pet rent is added to it. We have one dog and one cat.

We have looked in the Bethel Sawmill area and we like the townhomes out there but every one I have looked at either doesn't take pets or doesn't have the patio or is out of our price range.

I know absolutely nothing about the North East side of Columbus, but it seems rent is a lot more reasonable there. Would we be sacrificing safety? We don't want to go more than 30 minutes from OSU. We go out to Hilliard a lot to do shopping, same with Dublin. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. We aren't moving until June 1st so I'm trying to get a feel for the other areas of Columbus. I'm open for anything that is safe and will take my animals.

Alicia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2009, 11:50 PM

94 posts, read 334,163 times
Checkout the Woods at Polaris.

A two bedroom townhouse is $1,099 (1,300 sq.ft.). Comes with one attached garage. Very pet friendly, virtually everyone has a dog there. Built in 1999, but no basements.

Old 02-13-2009, 11:23 AM

179 posts, read 596,468 times
Look in the NE area, near Hamilton Rd.
Even a few years ago, virtually every unit beat the Grandview fourplexs hands-down.

I had some good times in Grandview, but I also had a few random acts of crime/trespassing/noise/arson/landlord theft/mail theft/peepers/drunks to make it worth my while to move.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus