Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2012, 09:45 PM

1 posts, read 1,172 times

Advertisements

I am moving my family to Columbus from Las Vegas to take a job. My job will require me to drive all over the city to call upon my stores. I am looking for a safe, quiet neighborhood to rent a 3 bedroom, 2 bath home/townhouse for $1000-$1300 a month that is not so remote that it becomes a pain for me to get around the city. I have heard good things about Dublin, but also hear traffic is a nightmare. It also seems tough to find a place in my price range. If anybody could turn me on to something that could work, I would be very appreciative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2012, 12:00 AM

1,046 posts, read 1,538,999 times
Check out Preserve Crossing in Gahanna.

Old 11-27-2012, 12:12 PM

394 posts, read 1,431,980 times
You can live on the NW end of town/Dublin for that price, but you will have to do some serious searching.

I had a similar situation and similar budget and I pulled it off. Check out Bethel Rd and/or the Tuttle Mall area.

Old 11-27-2012, 12:31 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,106,805 times
If your job requires you to travel to all parts of the city, I'm not so sure Dublin would be the best option, anyway. It's on the far northwest corner of the city, so you'd have a lot further to travel to most areas than in a more centrally-located area. I'd suggest Upper Arlington, Grandview Heights, Old North Columbus and Clintonville.

Old 11-28-2012, 06:18 AM

11 posts, read 31,548 times
There are several houses for rent in Upper Arlington right now. It's very easy to get to 270 and 315 from UA with traffic that isn't as terrible as Dublin. Look at the River Ridge area just south of Fishinger. A lot of these homes aren't listed on any websites, but rather just have 'For Rent' signs in the yards, so it will require some driving around. Good luck!

Old 12-01-2012, 03:00 PM

1,279 posts, read 4,677,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersFan09 View Post
You can live on the NW end of town/Dublin for that price, but you will have to do some serious searching.

I had a similar situation and similar budget and I pulled it off. Check out Bethel Rd and/or the Tuttle Mall area.
VERY GOOD ADVICE ABOVE

Columbus is not a city where you have to live in a suburb. If you prefer something more "suburban/post ww II" in nature: The city limts extend over 200 sq miles and include areas that feel like a suburb themselves, or even attend suburban schools.

The NW side of Columbus is just south west of dublin and north west of hilliard. It is a nice late 80s/90s/2000s area with good school condos, etc. Parts attend dublin/worthington schools, as well.

This area is also closer in to the central city, nice access to 315, the olentangy bike trails, and not as exurban.

I would recommend Grandview, as well. Its very close to downtown, but I am not sure on the price range for condos. There are many apartments there within in your range.

Also, if you like nice, safe urban areas Columbus has many. The central city areas like the Short North/Italian Village/Victorian Village and even Clintonville to the north are gentrified and about as safe as any central large city area you can find.

Old 12-01-2012, 07:13 PM

1,068 posts, read 1,433,266 times
I hated getting stuck in traffic up in NW Columbus/Dublin area on roads like Bethel and Sawmill. All of the northern area around 270 has lots of new dumb development (population here has exploded and continues to do so) where everyone has to own a car. There are no side roads, so lots more people are moving in (with their cars of course) and making traffic worse and worse. You didn't post anything about your personality, so in general for a family in a quiet central location it's hard to beat Clintonville.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus