Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2015, 06:25 AM

5,616 posts, read 8,643,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonofagun112 View Post
I believe it's another Walmart Neighborhood Market.
Really that's interesting. Where did you hear this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2015, 07:15 AM

1,405 posts, read 1,850,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus1984 View Post
Really that's interesting. Where did you hear this?
He's correct. This will be a Neighborhood Market without a gas station due to Circle K being in the front yard.

This is a really weird one for me and I'm not quite sure what to make of it:
  • 07/24 - "Proposed Grocery Store" shows up on planning sites for this Floyd/Buena Vista Rd site
  • 08/11 - Plans are shown at Columbus City Council and given "Conditional Approval"
  • 08/27 - "Walmart Supercenter" plans show up on planning sites with address of 4701 Buena Vista Rd - this is the address of the current Walmart that is literally 100 yards from the site of the Floyd/Buena Vista Rd "Proposed Grocery Store" aka Neighborhood Market

Why would they try and price the Walmart Supercenter (complete rebuild) after getting conditional approval for Neighborhood Market (I assume they didn't release the name because they didn't want people upset that current Walmart might close?)?

Now if they're moving dirt where it sounds like they're moving dirt, sounds like they will be moving forward with Neighborhood Market.

It's not possible they're moving forward with both, right? That would be extremely odd to turn a old Walmart into Supercenter (only one in Columbus that isn't Supercenter currently), and then build a Neighborhood Market basically in the parking lot.

Old 11-01-2015, 07:21 AM

New family dollar coming to the corner of 9th and Veterans Parkway, across from PTAP. All brick, nice looking building; Spring 2016.

Old 11-05-2015, 04:46 PM

463 posts, read 518,953 times
Stars and Strikes confirmed. Stars and Strikes to open at former Front Porch of the South spa - WTVM.com-Columbus, GA News Weather & Sports This is great for the city.

Old 11-05-2015, 05:45 PM

967 posts, read 1,071,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonofagun112 View Post
I just came here to post that but you beat me to it! This will be next to the trampoline park that is also locating there! That definitely is great news!

Old 11-07-2015, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWColumbus View Post
I just came here to post that but you beat me to it! This will be next to the trampoline park that is also locating there! That definitely is great news!
Excellent use of that property. A lot of new businesses coming to the area.

Old 11-11-2015, 05:26 PM

18 posts, read 21,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amyers3 View Post
He's correct. This will be a Neighborhood Market without a gas station due to Circle K being in the front yard.

This is a really weird one for me and I'm not quite sure what to make of it:
  • 07/24 - "Proposed Grocery Store" shows up on planning sites for this Floyd/Buena Vista Rd site
  • 08/11 - Plans are shown at Columbus City Council and given "Conditional Approval"
  • 08/27 - "Walmart Supercenter" plans show up on planning sites with address of 4701 Buena Vista Rd - this is the address of the current Walmart that is literally 100 yards from the site of the Floyd/Buena Vista Rd "Proposed Grocery Store" aka Neighborhood Market

Why would they try and price the Walmart Supercenter (complete rebuild) after getting conditional approval for Neighborhood Market (I assume they didn't release the name because they didn't want people upset that current Walmart might close?)?

Now if they're moving dirt where it sounds like they're moving dirt, sounds like they will be moving forward with Neighborhood Market.

It's not possible they're moving forward with both, right? That would be extremely odd to turn a old Walmart into Supercenter (only one in Columbus that isn't Supercenter currently), and then build a Neighborhood Market basically in the parking lot.
Just speculation - but could Winn Dixie be relocating to accommodate a Walmart Supercenter?

41k sq. ft. seems a bit small, for a W/D. For that matter, is W/D even updating their stores anymore?

Old 11-11-2015, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftyCHS View Post
Just speculation - but could Winn Dixie be relocating to accommodate a Walmart Supercenter?

41k sq. ft. seems a bit small, for a W/D. For that matter, is W/D even updating their stores anymore?
They ended up going with the Neighborhood Market and they "still working on" a plan to keep current Walmart open there, but I highly doubt it will stay open. They don't even build regular "Walmart" (non-super center) stores anymore.

Also, yes W/D is still updating their stores. I believe they spent about $1 million dollars update the Veterans Parkway store. They've just slowed things down since being acquired and re-purposed some of the stores.

There was a brand-new Winn-Dixie that opened in Americus, GA, which after it was bought by Bi-Lo they converted it to a Harvey's (lower end), seems they're focusing on aligning their brands in the markets that they're in.

Personally, I really like Winn-Dixie, I wish we had more of them.

Old 11-11-2015, 05:32 PM

18 posts, read 21,959 times
^^^Nevermind. Just read this:
Wal-Mart adds neighborhood market on Buena Vista Road, sets opening dates on three other Columbus-Phenix City stores

I wonder if locating a Neighborhood Market next to an older Walmart is a replacement for a Supercenter...

Old 11-11-2015, 05:41 PM

Waddell is going to build a 2-story 18,000 sq. ft. office building on Veterans Parkway just south of the Walgreens on Whitesville and Veterans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA