Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2015, 07:20 AM

1,101 posts, read 1,337,969 times

Advertisements

Here's more on the Museum of Art's expansion plans and city ask:

Art museum asks Columbia council for help expanding | The State
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2015, 01:56 PM

61 posts, read 79,836 times
The new Starbucks has officially opened. It is an amazing space and in by far the best Starbuck in Columbia! I recommend everyone going down there and visiting the space to see just how well designed it is.

Old 09-10-2015, 07:51 PM

306 posts, read 393,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaPro View Post
The new Starbucks has officially opened. It is an amazing space and in by far the best Starbuck in Columbia! I recommend everyone going down there and visiting the space to see just how well designed it is.
I thought the same thing. Happened to be walking down main last Friday around lunchtime and they were doing a test run. They were giving away free tall beverages of your choice! Already happy and was quite impressed once I got down there to check it out! Another win for main street!

Old 09-13-2015, 04:07 PM

4,899 posts, read 7,448,981 times
We were in town recently for the Year of the Shag Celebration and had a great time! Stayed at The Marriott, enjoyed the farm market, had fabulous dinners at The Oak Table and Bourbon (you must try a "Frankly My Dear"). Only downside was several stores were closed for the Labor Day weekend. Thoroughly enjoyed the Main Street area!

Old 09-21-2015, 04:30 PM

1,802 posts, read 2,032,562 times
The Certus Bank building at Lady and Main has been sold and will undergo renovations to lure additional tenants. The invent meant group had positive things to say about the Columbia market and has plans to invest significant capital in the building.

Columbia Regional Business Report | Columbia, SC

Old 09-21-2015, 08:07 PM

1,802 posts, read 2,032,562 times
A friend of mine from Charleston, who has long been a naysayer of Columbia, was in town this past weekend and we hung out on Main Street at the farmers market and in the Vista. He commented twice, "Who is doing your city planning?! They are doing a great job!" He went on to remark about all the development and how much more walkable the area feels, particularly how the renaissance of Main has tied in that street to the Vista. When I told him about the Kline City Center project, he was truly impressed.

Old 09-21-2015, 08:54 PM

1,101 posts, read 1,337,969 times
The State has a piece about what arts groups are asking for city money for and how much. I still think the million to spiff up the Art Gallery on main is is the most interesting of the asks. Historic Columbia wants 1.8 milllion for garden and pathways.

Columbia arts groups line up for brick-and-mortar loans | The State

Old 09-22-2015, 06:30 AM

1,521 posts, read 1,946,931 times
That's great news about the Certus Bank building! I Know in Greenville I think they are looking at trying to get a retail tenant to go in to the street level bank they had in their downtown office, maybe they can do the same in Columbia...that would be a big help to an already booming section of Main.

I would say it would be cool to see apartments go in there in some capacity but with the class A office market down there I doubt that would be a possibility.

Old 09-22-2015, 07:33 AM

37,882 posts, read 41,970,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCxpBrussel View Post
A friend of mine from Charleston, who has long been a naysayer of Columbia, was in town this past weekend and we hung out on Main Street at the farmers market and in the Vista. He commented twice, "Who is doing your city planning?! They are doing a great job!" He went on to remark about all the development and how much more walkable the area feels, particularly how the renaissance of Main has tied in that street to the Vista. When I told him about the Kline City Center project, he was truly impressed.
Downtown is definitely starting to come together. I was able to ride through late Sunday night/early Monday morning on Labor Day weekend when I came down to visit the family and although nothing was open, seeing all of the new construction was certainly impressive.

Old 09-22-2015, 07:43 AM

37,882 posts, read 41,970,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofCola View Post
The State has a piece about what arts groups are asking for city money for and how much. I still think the million to spiff up the Art Gallery on main is is the most interesting of the asks. Historic Columbia wants 1.8 milllion for garden and pathways.

Columbia arts groups line up for brick-and-mortar loans | The State
It's been years since Historic Columbia first proposed the garden district and I thought it would have been further along by now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area