Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2017, 07:42 AM

518 posts, read 435,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Growingup15 View Post
A cool story to read also this is cool I've noticed it myself that downtown is constantly busy even on weekdays.

What’s causing downtown Columbia to become an ‘18-hour district’?

What
Articles like this make me wish I lived closer to town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2017, 08:00 AM

751 posts, read 565,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSUfan View Post
Columbia could reconsider moving Assembly Street train tracks | The State

Downtown railroad fix being updated. This is gonna be one long long project unless funding comes from the state.
It's going to be an impossible project unless funding comes from the state/federal government. Columbia is already overcommitted, so there's no way they can raise $100M to pay for this.

Old 03-06-2017, 08:24 AM

12,882 posts, read 18,736,837 times
Columbia should go all out to recruit Clemson graduates to live and work there. The more Clemson grads that live there, the happier the city's inhabitants will be on average. Clemson beat USC in football the past three years, in the annual baseball series for the past three years, and in men's basketball this year. Oh, and in men's soccer. USC is such a large part of Columbia, and Gamecock sports is such a large part of USC. Columbia's leaders are always saying wait five years and you won't recognize the city. USC fans are always saying wait till next year. Maybe some day the fifth year that leaders are always talking about and the next year that Gamecock fans are always talking about will be one in the same.

Old 03-06-2017, 09:53 AM

751 posts, read 565,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestondata View Post
Columbia should go all out to recruit Clemson graduates to live and work there. The more Clemson grads that live there, the happier the city's inhabitants will be on average. Clemson beat USC in football the past three years, in the annual baseball series for the past three years, and in men's basketball this year. Oh, and in men's soccer. USC is such a large part of Columbia, and Gamecock sports is such a large part of USC. Columbia's leaders are always saying wait five years and you won't recognize the city. USC fans are always saying wait till next year. Maybe some day the fifth year that leaders are always talking about and the next year that Gamecock fans are always talking about will be one in the same.
You're welcome to root for us this March as it looks like Clemson's players will be watching the action from one of the four bars in town.

Old 03-06-2017, 10:41 AM

12,882 posts, read 18,736,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinagarnet View Post
You're welcome to root for us this March as it looks like Clemson's players will be watching the action from one of the four bars in town.
Oh, I'll definitely be rooting for us. I'm a USC alum and a lifelong Gamecock fan.

Old 03-06-2017, 05:25 PM

6,830 posts, read 16,557,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinagarnet View Post

Old 03-06-2017, 11:11 PM

421 posts, read 573,597 times
So Zales is coming to Columbiana replacing Williams and Sonoma. Even heard from people outside the forum rumors about Apple being the big store

Old 03-07-2017, 06:09 AM

26 posts, read 25,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertsm76 View Post
So Zales is coming to Columbiana replacing Williams and Sonoma. Even heard from people outside the forum rumors about Apple being the big store
Zales??

Old 03-07-2017, 12:12 PM

1,151 posts, read 953,596 times
http://columbiabusinessreport.com/news/retail/71681/

Old 03-08-2017, 07:59 AM

8,223 posts, read 13,338,852 times

Interesting.. it wouldn't surprise me if that 9% overall vacancy is primarily in three developments: Richland Mall, Dutch Square, and Columbia Place.....

I doubt Columbia gets any new "Malls" or large strip centers anytime soon.. but I am still baffled why Dutch Square and especially Richland Mall have not been repurposed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area