Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 11:31 AM

2,075 posts, read 5,127,227 times

Advertisements

Since I can't rep you again CosmicWizard here's a
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2009, 10:04 AM

25 posts, read 126,227 times
Cosmic Wizard! thank you for the rep....and all the others that rep me, thank you very much! If i lived their i would hold a BBQ for all you guys!

Old 05-07-2009, 02:20 PM

87 posts, read 261,592 times
Here's my two cents...

Last summer (while on vacation elsewhere) I bought a silly desk clock adorned with black bears bearing the inscription "The mountains are calling and I must go". Mostly I bought it because the inscription so exactly describes what Colorado does to me... the mountains call to me, compel me to return time and time again. I suspect part of the reason is that my earliest memories are of Colorado - playing in the snow when we lived in the suburbs of Denver, fishing in mountain lakes, hikes through Rocky Mountain National Park, numerous vacations all around Colorado after we moved away. I was only 4 when we moved; am nearly 50 now. All those years, Colorado has beckoned me. I have been unable to forget her.

I finally bought a piece of mountain acreage a few years back and have ever intention of building and retiring there as soon as it is possible (unfortunately not for awhile). Luckily I married a guy who loves it there as much as I do. We visit as often as we can.

My spirit soars when I think of my little piece of mountain heaven. For some of us, Colorado is where we were meant to be.

Old 05-08-2009, 10:36 AM

58 posts, read 244,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinDi59 View Post
... For some of us, Colorado is where we were meant to be.
I'll second that!!!

Old 05-08-2009, 10:50 AM

7,841 posts, read 19,011,781 times
From moment to moment, wherever we are is obviously where we are meant to be. It's the ONLY place we can be. If you doubt that, try to be somewhere else and you will soon find out that you can only be wherever you are.

Old 06-07-2009, 04:06 AM

3,800 posts, read 5,341,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80skeys View Post
However the Selway-Bitterroot in northern Idaho is a different animal. Much lower elevations and very humid along the Koshka river corridor. Lush vegatation. Different kinds of trees and ferns.

The other big difference is bigger rivers in ID. The Koscha river, which probably nobody outside ID has heard of, is bigger than any river in CO. And there's plenty of others the same size up there.
Huh??

Teak, just passing through, noticed that you miss-spelled the name of the Lochsa River. I worked alongside that river for two summers. Nice place. I haven't heard of the Koshka/Koscha River.

Old 06-08-2009, 06:28 AM

532 posts, read 1,568,944 times
Once you read your state name in cursive on a magazine you better watch out haha. Come visit Colorado.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado