Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 09:18 AM

6,288 posts, read 11,790,536 times

Advertisements

Must be the coastal CA folks saying that, because the Sierras rival the Colorado mountains for annual snowfall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by treedonkey View Post
I'd have to agree with that. Back in CA, most folks are certain that I live in the arctic and that I spend hours navigating windy mountain roads every time I need to pick up a carton of milk. It almost seems like some of them are rooting for me to come back frozen and disheveled, tail between my legs, and say, 'you were right, variable weather and country roads are pure misery'.

They mean well, but it's just human nature for people to exaggerate the downfalls of places they don't choose to live... Just visit the city vs. city forum sometime if you don't believe me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2009, 09:51 AM

2,437 posts, read 8,189,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80skeys View Post
Must be the coastal CA folks saying that, because the Sierras rival the Colorado mountains for annual snowfall.
Yes, Indeed... They would have said essentially the same thing if I'd moved to Tahoe or something, except then they would have been a lot more excited about visiting and having a free place to stay. Those are just people's feeling and they're hardly based on fact.

Last edited by treedonkey; 04-30-2009 at 10:19 AM..

Old 04-30-2009, 10:16 AM

6,023 posts, read 14,079,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80skeys View Post
You sure have that right ! The Cascades blow both away in snowfall amounts. I can understand a city dude gushing about Colorado 20 years ago but now ? Not ! I can't wait to read a post by the OP after visiting Montana or Idaho !

Old 04-30-2009, 10:29 AM

26,231 posts, read 49,100,094 times
All these things being said, everyone needs to follow their dream, whatever it is. Life is a journey, go wherever, here, there, anywhere, see it, feel it, taste it, smell it, touch it, love it, enjoy the experience. Gather what knowledge we can from the sages here and about and roll your own dice.

Let me add that there are "dreams" for most areas. The California dream is / was always a house in a sunny year-round climate, of COURSE with a pool in the yard. The east coast / gulf coast dream was always a waterfront place on a river or bay, of COURSE with a boat tied to the dock. I'd guess there's an Alaska dream too, living in the wilderness, living off-grid, of COURSE hunting and fishing for a living, engaged to a cute moose. The list of dreams goes on.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 04-30-2009 at 10:43 AM..

Old 04-30-2009, 10:42 AM

25 posts, read 126,227 times
Rickers, actually i been to Idaho and flown over Montana many, many times...(fly over country) sorry!
but yes you are correct its even more beautiful over there..I remember when i went to Idaho, all i could think of was how lucky these kids were who were growing up over there. You don't have the same outside influence as you do in places like NYC, LA, CHICAGO, FL, etc... Over there people are different. that's why Colorado ranks #1 in the USA with most people with Bachelors Degrees... Think about it! NYC has almost 8million people but yet Colorado still manages to produce more educated folks! Idaho is up there as well... I'm telling you its something about those mountains... but for the folks who say that Colorado does not compare to places like Idaho and Mt. You maybe correct but for me Colorado is the right place due to the line of work i am in. Its very hard to find jobs in the tech field in MT or Idaho, yes i know there out there but not like they are in Denver.

Old 04-30-2009, 10:46 AM

58 posts, read 244,939 times
Coloradohh, thank very much!! It is amazing to be able be in such a wonderful place. The only other places I have wanted to live though I have only been to one is; Alaska, Wyoming (near the Tetons or Winds), Montana or Idaho. Only one I've been to is Wyoming. I just love the mountains...

Old 04-30-2009, 11:34 AM

2,437 posts, read 8,189,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradohh View Post
Rickers, actually i been to Idaho and flown over Montana many, many times...(fly over country) sorry!
but yes you are correct its even more beautiful over there..I remember when i went to Idaho, all i could think of was how lucky these kids were who were growing up over there. You don't have the same outside influence as you do in places like NYC, LA, CHICAGO, FL, etc... Over there people are different. that's why Colorado ranks #1 in the USA with most people with Bachelors Degrees... Think about it! NYC has almost 8million people but yet Colorado still manages to produce more educated folks! Idaho is up there as well... I'm telling you its something about those mountains... but for the folks who say that Colorado does not compare to places like Idaho and Mt. You maybe correct but for me Colorado is the right place due to the line of work i am in. Its very hard to find jobs in the tech field in MT or Idaho, yes i know there out there but not like they are in Denver.
Hmmmmmm... Maybe I'm reading too much in between the lines, but it kind of sounds like you're calling people from Idaho and Montana dumb...

At any rate, CO is the place for me, so I can't disagree with you about that. I'm a guy who needs some some big league sports and a major airport within reasonable driving distance.

Old 04-30-2009, 11:38 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,200,913 times
I've lived here for almost 2 years. It is not perfect, but I LOVE the view of the mountains as I drive around. I hope I never get used to it, so I can continue to appreciate it every day.

Old 04-30-2009, 12:21 PM

1 posts, read 1,923 times
I'm new to city data and i just wanted to say thank you for all the comments about colorado. . .My family and I reside in wisconsin right now and abso HATE it! We are looking to relocate soon after my grandchild arrives in sept. With much time and effort into checking out different states my daughters and I are looking for somewhere warm with mild winters, we love the heat but hate frigid long winters. . we dont mind the snow either. . We are all the outdoor type and colorado and kentucky has got our interest. . .moving now with the job market the way it is scares me a bit but raising a baby in wisconsin scares me more! . . . I look forward to hearing more of your comments that might help us come to a decision.

Old 04-30-2009, 01:18 PM

6,023 posts, read 14,079,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradohh View Post
"I been to Idaho" That's funny ! A degree is good for butt wipe here. You are right about the lack of tech industry in Montana. Your post is very condescending though, remember that G.W. had two masters degrees and many people called him dumber than a doorknob ! If you think Montana is Fly over country" then maybe the term "fly over country" has a different meaning to you. "I been to Idaho" , excuse me but I'm still laughing at that, sorry ! The pictures below were taken in Idaho and Montana, I'm sorry but I'm not looking at "fly over country" here.

http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss174/nomadiyak/294pics043.jpg (broken link)

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado