Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 04:18 PM

9 posts, read 29,966 times

Advertisements

[quote=Josseppie;25557511]I agree with you that Pueblo needs more jobs. One thing to keep a eye out on is my sources tell me that two companies are seriously considering Pueblo.

any idea what kind of industry might be coming?

My husband and I are planning a trip for Oct 18-23. Does anyone know of anything fun happening around town. I checked the chamber of commerce web site and I didn't see anything going on.

We should be able to move by early next yr!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2012, 05:59 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,480,331 times
[quote=missyhar;25591687]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
I agree with you that Pueblo needs more jobs. One thing to keep a eye out on is my sources tell me that two companies are seriously considering Pueblo.

any idea what kind of industry might be coming?

My husband and I are planning a trip for Oct 18-23. Does anyone know of anything fun happening around town. I checked the chamber of commerce web site and I didn't see anything going on.

We should be able to move by early next yr!
Unfortunintly I do not. PEDCo does a good job of keeping that information from the public. The fact I found out what I did says a lot.

I can't think of anything that weekend. Let me check and I will post what I find.

Old 08-13-2012, 02:00 PM

977 posts, read 1,329,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
I agree with you that Pueblo needs more jobs. One thing to keep a eye out on is my sources tell me that two companies are seriously considering Pueblo. One would employ 250 people and the other would employ a lot of people. My take on that was over 1,000 people and maybe close to 2,000 people. All he would say is Pueblo needs a company like that. So keep a eye out as there could be a exciting announcement in the next few months.
That's good, it would offset the mass-layoffs that are hitting the Vestas plant due to the weakening demand for wind turbines.

Old 08-15-2012, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
That's good, it would offset the mass-layoffs that are hitting the Vestas plant due to the weakening demand for wind turbines.
Agreed. That is not good that congress cant pass the tax credit. I am still hoping they pass it as thousands of jobs are at risk not just the Pueblo ones.

This is from KOAA:

Uncertainty over whether Congress will extend the Production Tax Credit (PTC) is leading to a general market slowdown for wind power manufacturers and developers throughout the U.S. Vestas has noted that many wind power jobs are at risk if Congress does not extend the PTC - not only at Vestas, but also within the hundreds of domestic supply chain manufacturers that serve the wind industry in North America.

The link: Vestas issues statement on layoffs | koaa.com | Colorado Springs | Pueblo |

Old 08-19-2012, 01:43 PM

1 posts, read 2,561 times
Hi I moved to Pueblo from NM, I had passed by here but had never been. I've been here 2 years and hate it. If you're from a big city or a more developed city I would not recommend it here you will be miserable, first of all it is not what I expected Colorado to be, it's more desert type. People are not friendly and seem to be a bit hostile especially at work or school, if you want a more diverse culture move to Springs or Denver, here it's mostly white or hispanic. I mean no offense to Pueblo natives, but it is a bit depressing, not much work opportunity, I would do better research before I move to Pueblo, not much to do here, I usually hang out in Springs or Denver on weekends, I will probably end up moving there soon. If you move here I would recommend Pueblo west, which is cleaner, and safer, better school district.

Old 08-19-2012, 01:59 PM

Sorry about your experience as Pueblo is not for everyone. Just courious what do you do in Colorado Springs and Denver that you can't do in Pueblo?

Old 08-19-2012, 05:01 PM

18,039 posts, read 27,497,200 times
Look at a lot less duct tape, cardboard, bailing wire, gub'mint cheese, canes, walkers, Impalas with spray can paint jobs and 22" wheels, and wheel chairs.

Old 08-20-2012, 04:50 PM

977 posts, read 1,329,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Look at a lot less duct tape, cardboard, bailing wire, gub'mint cheese, canes, walkers, Impalas with spray can paint jobs and 22" wheels, and wheel chairs.
OMG! That's one of the funniest things I've read on here yet!

Old 08-20-2012, 10:24 PM

352 posts, read 798,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missnm1 View Post
Hi I moved to Pueblo from NM, I had passed by here but had never been. I've been here 2 years and hate it. If you're from a big city or a more developed city I would not recommend it here you will be miserable, first of all it is not what I expected Colorado to be, it's more desert type. People are not friendly and seem to be a bit hostile especially at work or school, if you want a more diverse culture move to Springs or Denver, here it's mostly white or hispanic. I mean no offense to Pueblo natives, but it is a bit depressing, not much work opportunity, I would do better research before I move to Pueblo, not much to do here, I usually hang out in Springs or Denver on weekends, I will probably end up moving there soon. If you move here I would recommend Pueblo west, which is cleaner, and safer, better school district.
I'm not saying this in a snarky way, but just making an observation. It sounds as though missnm1 made a move without doing much homework or visiting Pueblo at least once. That's why we say over and over in this forum that Colorado is a very large state with a range of topography, bioclimates, and cultures. You'll also hear the recommendation over and over to visit at least once - but if possible, to visit in at least two different seasons.

I understand that sometimes people need to make a move suddenly because of a job offer or other personal situations, but it would have been pretty easy to learn early on that Pueblo isn't Boulder or Summit County or Pagosa Springs or Fort Collins or Colorado Springs. It's Pueblo!

Old 08-21-2012, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bovinedivine View Post
I'm not saying this in a snarky way, but just making an observation. It sounds as though missnm1 made a move without doing much homework or visiting Pueblo at least once. That's why we say over and over in this forum that Colorado is a very large state with a range of topography, bioclimates, and cultures. You'll also hear the recommendation over and over to visit at least once - but if possible, to visit in at least two different seasons.

I understand that sometimes people need to make a move suddenly because of a job offer or other personal situations, but it would have been pretty easy to learn early on that Pueblo isn't Boulder or Summit County or Pagosa Springs or Fort Collins or Colorado Springs. It's Pueblo!
I agree 100%. In my opinion Pueblo is unique in Colorado as we are more of a south west style city more so then any larger city in the state but I understand not everyone wants to live in that kind of town. Thus Pueblo would not be for them. So I agree you should visit any city before you move there to make sure it is what you expected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado