Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2012, 06:27 PM

25 posts, read 50,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by p2009 View Post
Pueblo sucks there are alot of bad things people dont know about
1. there is a high drug crime
2. bumbs on every corner
3. mexicans and not the nice ones the ones that try you pick up young woman omg there nasty
4. half of pueblo is full of crapy people
5. every one here lives off of foos stamps or there poping out kids left and right
so that they can live off the state.
6. I think half of my grad class of 2009 were either knocked up or had a kid
7. no one knows how to drive here at all
8. and u read every day about young teens dieing becuase of a shooting over drugs or
gang crap....
9. finding a job is hard really hard it took me almost a 1year just to get a interview
10.you take your kids to the park and its tagged up with gang sings and you have to
worry about what your kids might pick up at the park my son one time found a condom and
a razer blad at the park so we just dont go to the parks in pueblo its that bad..

pueblo in my eyes is not a good place to leave i grew up here and i hate it........
Right now I live in Springfield, Ohio and it's the exact same way here. No matter where you go there's going to be something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2012, 06:56 PM

9 posts, read 29,966 times
My husband and I are looking into moving to Pueblo next yr., and we are planning a trip in the fall to visit. We used to live in Denver, but currently are in St. George, UT. We hate it here!

I am concerned about the wages, people mention low wages. But I think they have never lived in UT. Women have little or no value here unless you have kids.

I would actually like to get on at the At&T call center or another telemarketing place. Does anyone know what kind of money people make there? Is the area where it is located a safe place to work?

Also, what other areas a newer and safe to live other than Pueblo West? We are concerned about the wind.

I would like to know too, am I safe to be at the River Walk by myself or is there crime there.

Old 08-04-2012, 07:29 PM

26,231 posts, read 49,100,094 times
MissyHar, there are several "call centers" in Colorado Springs, not sure how to find them, but they're here. Might be some in Pueblo too, and Pueblo is one of the cheaper cities to live in and I'd expect low pay to start with. Start by checking Craigslist and/or the local papers in Pueblo and Colo Spgs. It's feasible to live in one city and drive to the other one in 45-60 minutes each way, but what you save on housing by living in Pueblo you may spend in gasoline driving to/from COLO SPGS.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 08-05-2012, 12:06 PM

18,046 posts, read 27,497,200 times
Pueblo has three pretty good call centers as far as call centers go. AT&T being one, RMS and Convergys being the other two.

Living in Pueblo and driving to CoSprings to work would suck imo.

If you want to live in Springs, move and work there imo.

I would say the riverwalk area... which is right by AT&T... is a nice enough area especially in the day time.

I think it might be performance based so if you're good at customer service and fast with a computer, you'll make plenty for Pueblo's cost of living.

Old 08-06-2012, 11:49 AM

12,262 posts, read 24,481,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missyhar View Post
My husband and I are looking into moving to Pueblo next yr., and we are planning a trip in the fall to visit. We used to live in Denver, but currently are in St. George, UT. We hate it here!

I am concerned about the wages, people mention low wages. But I think they have never lived in UT. Women have little or no value here unless you have kids.

I would actually like to get on at the At&T call center or another telemarketing place. Does anyone know what kind of money people make there? Is the area where it is located a safe place to work?

Also, what other areas a newer and safe to live other than Pueblo West? We are concerned about the wind.

I would like to know too, am I safe to be at the River Walk by myself or is there crime there.
Pueblo has telemarketing all over from downtown to the industrial parks and while wages are lower the cost of living in Pueblo is extremely affordable as Pueblo is the second most affordable city to live in the nation. I live in the city, on the south side by the golf course that is actually west of downtown , and its very safe. If you avoid the east side and Bessemer to live you will find Pueblo a nice and safe city to live in. I even travel to those areas to shop and its safe I just would not live there.

Old 08-06-2012, 10:09 PM

Default Thank you all for replying

we want to move to Pueblo and not work in CO Springs unless we have too. My husband works for Lowe's now and hopes to just transfer there in the spring.

From what I can figure out for the call centers, most pay about $10 + commission. I can probably handle that I have had some experience doing it. Trying desperately not to go back into dental assisting even though I may make more money doing that. Though I haven't seen an add for any dental assistants on Craig's list.

Thinking too about just becoming a real estate agent. If you have connections plz let me know.

It is hard to let go about perceptions about Pueblo and all the comments about the crime can be a little scary. But I had patients when I was in Denver that retired there and absolutely loved Pueblo West and still do.

Last edited by missyhar; 08-06-2012 at 10:57 PM..

Old 08-07-2012, 09:59 AM

^

I hear people go on and on about crime in Pueblo and all I can say is this. If I felt Pueblo was not safe I would not live here as no city is worth living in if I did not feel safe. I am 39 and go out a lot in downtown, am openly gay and have never had a issue. Pueblo tends to be a "live and let live town" so I think you will be fine if you decide to move here.

Old 08-08-2012, 07:48 PM

839 posts, read 2,418,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missyhar View Post

Pueblo is a safe town to live in, period. Like Joss said, I would avoid the east side south of HWY 50, but the Belmont area is OK as is the area around CSU Pueblo.

As far as commuting between Pueblo and Springs, I do it every day as do MANY other people. It really isn't a bad drive at all. Virtually NO traffic until you get to the Springs.

I'm a native of Colo Spgs, but I like Pueblo much better in general. It is a much more relaxed and friendly town. My only beef with Pueblo is the lack of jobs. It can be very difficult to find work here, so have something lined up for sure first....

Good Luck!

Old 08-08-2012, 08:03 PM

I am pretty sold on thanks to the positive comments. We are scheduled to go for a visit in Oct. We will wait till spring to move. We just need to get my husband a job through transfer with his current job at Lowe's before we can come.

Does anyone know if I can draw unemployment if I can't find a job right away? Ut won't let you. But I thought I read somewhere CO would if you quit your job to follow your spouse's job.

Old 08-09-2012, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenScoutII View Post
Pueblo is a safe town to live in, period. Like Joss said, I would avoid the east side south of HWY 50, but the Belmont area is OK as is the area around CSU Pueblo.

As far as commuting between Pueblo and Springs, I do it every day as do MANY other people. It really isn't a bad drive at all. Virtually NO traffic until you get to the Springs.

I'm a native of Colo Spgs, but I like Pueblo much better in general. It is a much more relaxed and friendly town. My only beef with Pueblo is the lack of jobs. It can be very difficult to find work here, so have something lined up for sure first....

Good Luck!
I agree with you that Pueblo needs more jobs. One thing to keep a eye out on is my sources tell me that two companies are seriously considering Pueblo. One would employ 250 people and the other would employ a lot of people. My take on that was over 1,000 people and maybe close to 2,000 people. All he would say is Pueblo needs a company like that. So keep a eye out as there could be a exciting announcement in the next few months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado