Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2020, 09:45 AM

7,193 posts, read 9,335,600 times

Advertisements

People have become weary of this pandemic. Some have stopped wearing masks. Unfortunately, that influenced the people around them to follow.

But the virus doesn't care.

The trend for infections is rising again. I expect it to get ugly by November.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2020, 12:57 PM

1,809 posts, read 3,193,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoYoSpin View Post
Went on a 32 mile bike ride through Colorado Springs' Briargate, Cordera, Wolf Ranch and Banning Lewis Ranch neighborhoods yesterday.

- Rode by a elementary, middle and highschool. Between the three schools, saw around 80-100 kids playing outside in the schoolyards. Zero mask on the kids, but the 3 teachers I saw did have masks on.

- Passed by 50-60 people walking and running on the trails...zero mask.

- Of the 15 or so bicyclist I saw, 2 were wearing mask.

Draw your own conclusions...
Masks aren't required outdoors. On a trail, you are not near someone long enough to catch the virus. When I go indoors, I still see 95%+ mask compliance.

Old 10-12-2020, 04:11 AM

7,193 posts, read 9,335,600 times
Colorado outlines plan for distributing coronavirus vaccine when it's available

https://gazette.com/health/colorado-...ebbb60f15.html

"Gov. Jared Polis’ team of medical experts has outlined a preliminary plan to distribute a coronavirus vaccine to Colorado residents when it becomes available.

Created by the Governor’s Expert Emergency Epidemic Response Committee, the provisional outline is designed to eventually provide the vaccine to every eligible Coloradan, with first priority going to residents with the greatest need, the plan states.

“Throughout the pandemic, saving the most number of lives has been a guiding public health principle,” the document said.

The committee drafted the document with the understanding that a small amount of vaccine will likely be made available at first, according to the report. The distribution plan states that the primary goal is to distribute the vaccine in a way that will do the most good for the greatest amount of people.

The document outlines three vaccination phases. Phase 1 will be critical workforce, which will include health care workers, emergency responders like firefighter, police officers, and paramedics. The first phase will also include residents and patients in assisted-living, long-term care and nursing facilities.

Phase 2 will include essential workers who regularly interact directly with the public, as well as adults age 65 or older and those with high-risk conditions, such as diabetes and lung or heart problems.

Phase 3 will include essential workers who do not generally interact with the public, as well as the “general public,” which the group defines as adults age 18 to 64 who do not suffer from high-risk conditions.

The goal of the plan is to broaden distribution as manufacturers increase the availability of the vaccine, the group stated.

“It would not make sense to have an extremely large phase in the vaccination process before a sufficient supply is available,” the document said.

The governor’s medical team pointed out that great pains were taken to make the process as fair as possible.

“The key mission for our vaccine administration planning is to establish an ethically defensible and fair allocation system that is both transparent and unbiased,” the document stated.

The committee acknowledges the “disproportionate toll” the virus has taken on “communities of color, including Black, Hispanic, and Indigenous populations,” and outlines a provisional plan to deal with that.

The plan also addressed public concerns about the potential health risks of a new virus, stating that an estimated 30% to 50% of Americans might be hesitant to take the vaccine. The state health department has begun an education effort aimed at alleviating public concerns, the document stated."

Old 10-12-2020, 11:27 AM

22,352 posts, read 29,470,487 times
Got tested Monday and came back negative but I still feel like butt. I wonder if I've got the flu?

Old 10-12-2020, 11:45 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,854,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Got tested Monday and came back negative but I still feel like butt. I wonder if I've got the flu?
Could be most anything. Call your doctor.

Old 10-12-2020, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Could be most anything. Call your doctor.
I did but earliest appt is a week out with someone not my primary. If I wanted my primary its 11/20!!

Old 10-12-2020, 12:37 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,854,411 times
Quote:
I did but earliest appt is a week out with someone not my primary. If I wanted my primary its 11/20!!
Wow! I seldom reccommend this, but maybe try an urgent care facility.

Old 10-12-2020, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Wow! I seldom reccommend this, but maybe try an urgent care facility.
I may if I feel worse.

Old 10-12-2020, 02:06 PM

2,175 posts, read 4,303,754 times
Quote:
I may if I feel worse.
You may want to repeat the Coivd test in a few days. Flu is highly unlikely this time of year.

Old 10-12-2020, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryK123 View Post
You may want to repeat the Coivd test in a few days. Flu is highly unlikely this time of year.
Good idea. TY
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado