Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2023, 07:03 AM

4,860 posts, read 6,920,067 times

Advertisements

I'm satisfied with who the final 4 is. I could see Georgia usurping Alabama, despite barely losing to them because of the rest of the season, but so be it.

FSU's problem (other than the injured QB) is their strength of schedule and the lack of respect nationally of the ACC. That's why they were tomahawk chopped down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2023, 07:29 AM

32,087 posts, read 34,681,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
I'm satisfied with who the final 4 is. I could see Georgia usurping Alabama, despite barely losing to them because of the rest of the season, but so be it.

FSU's problem (other than the injured QB) is their strength of schedule and the lack of respect nationally of the ACC. That's why they were tomahawk chopped down.
I think it would be a different story if FSU had clobbered Louisville. OSU crushed Wisconsin 59-0 in the Big 10 championship game back in 2014 with a backup QB. IF FSU beats Louisville comfortably, say 30-6, I think it becomes a different conversation.

Old 12-05-2023, 07:34 AM

3,643 posts, read 1,597,875 times
Why is there a bowl committee? What's wrong with win/loss as the determinations? Imagine this in the NFL?

Old 12-05-2023, 07:53 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,574,730 times
Next year the playoffs are expanded to 12 teams, and the fans of whoever is #13 will be on here whining about how they shoulda/coulda/woulda been in.

Just sayin'

Old 12-05-2023, 08:31 AM

3,429 posts, read 1,559,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
Next year the playoffs are expanded to 12 teams, and the fans of whoever is #13 will be on here whining about how they shoulda/coulda/woulda been in.

Just sayin'
Nah, no they won't. It'll be no different than the write-in games for March Madness. There's really not a lot of hoopla about any of them. They should have went to 12 a long time ago so they could hide their true colors on this being nothing more than a money grab by the NCAA.

Old 12-05-2023, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
I think it would be a different story if FSU had clobbered Louisville. OSU crushed Wisconsin 59-0 in the Big 10 championship game back in 2014 with a backup QB. IF FSU beats Louisville comfortably, say 30-6, I think it becomes a different conversation.
Valid point. That performance didn't excite the committee.

Old 12-05-2023, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blameyourself View Post
Basically, if they beat Georgia, the bowl selection committee will have egg on their faces. You know damn well they are hoping that FSU gets destroyed.

I hope the Noles win and win big
I can agree with everything stated here EXCEPT---GO DOGS!!!

Old 12-05-2023, 11:24 AM

26,210 posts, read 49,017,880 times
Default Everyone In The Pool!

Over 1000 college football players entered the transfer pool yesterday, about 7% of Div 1 players.

I hope the Colorado Buffaloes get enough transferees to staff credible O and D lines for next season.

From the NY Times:

Quote:
The market is flooded with good quarterbacks. Washington State’s Cameron Ward, Ohio State’s Kyle McCord and Oklahoma’s Dillon Gabriel are the top names from yesterday, adding to Duke’s Riley Leonard, Oregon State’s DJ Uiagalelei and Kansas State’s Will Howard. Most of these guys will get seven figures in NIL, too.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 12-05-2023, 11:34 AM

32,087 posts, read 34,681,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blameyourself View Post
Basically, if they beat Georgia, the bowl selection committee will have egg on their faces. You know damn well they are hoping that FSU gets destroyed.

I hope the Noles win and win big
That's assuming that all the players with a 3rd Round or better draft grade even dress to play.

I've never been a proponent of the 12-team playoff system, but I do like the fact that it would give more of these bowl games some meaning. So instead of having Alabama or OSU's starters mail it in for the Cheez-It Citrus Bowl, they actually still have something to play for at the very end of the season. It would make for a much better bowl season for fans.

Old 12-05-2023, 02:01 PM

6,626 posts, read 4,293,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
Valid point. That performance didn't excite the committee.
There's more to a football team than just offense. FSU's defense is among the best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football