Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2023, 01:29 PM

3,942 posts, read 2,341,086 times

Advertisements

I smell a whiff of Tim Tebow. At least Tim Tebow has a squeaky clean image. Stetson Bennett is a little tarnished after this incident.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...cb168faf60e27e

Bennett was supposed to be in Dallas working out for the draft when his arrest took place. He had already announced last week he won’t participate in the Senior Bowl. After this arrest, he may have pushed himself further down the draft board.

“He’s a 5’10” guy so you’re gonna have NFL scouts start knocking him, he’s not tall enough, and now he’s out in Dallas drinking till the world looks flat,” Smith said via 11Alive News.

“He’s a day-three guy, he needs to do everything he can to even marginally improve his stock, and [the arrest] was a hit,” Burns said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2023, 05:36 AM

387 posts, read 351,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet life View Post
I smell a whiff of Tim Tebow. At least Tim Tebow has a squeaky clean image. Stetson Bennett is a little tarnished after this incident.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...cb168faf60e27e

Bennett was supposed to be in Dallas working out for the draft when his arrest took place. He had already announced last week he won’t participate in the Senior Bowl. After this arrest, he may have pushed himself further down the draft board.

“He’s a 5’10” guy so you’re gonna have NFL scouts start knocking him, he’s not tall enough, and now he’s out in Dallas drinking till the world looks flat,” Smith said via 11Alive News.

“He’s a day-three guy, he needs to do everything he can to even marginally improve his stock, and [the arrest] was a hit,” Burns said.
And that's the only one you've heard about....lets just say Athens area officials know him well.

Old 02-02-2023, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctousley819 View Post
And that's the only one you've heard about....lets just say Athens area officials know him well.
Ok, then it makes sense. Haven't really heard the draftkniks talk about him even before this incident. I guess the cat has already been out the bag.

Old 03-07-2023, 06:30 AM

https://www.pennlive.com/pennstatefo...-be-ready.html

Drew Allar is going to surprise many this season. Good running game from 2 sophmores will help him in his learning curve to start full time. IMO, an upgrade over Sean Clifford.

Old 07-09-2023, 11:10 AM

1,979 posts, read 968,632 times
Joe Milton's year is now for UT. I think he will lead the Vols to more success this year.

Old 07-10-2023, 09:32 AM

27,182 posts, read 43,867,759 times
Michael Penix, U of Washington...early Heisman candidate with two 1000-yard receivers and an NFL frame ...6'3 220.

Old 08-22-2023, 02:54 PM

3,731 posts, read 2,553,512 times
Sam Hartman, one of my favorite college QBs has left Wake Forest for Notre Dame.
Forgive me if this was already mentioned. It'll be a good stage for him.. my opinion, Hartman has been grossly underrated. And he's kinda become a Van Wilder of current QBs, he's 24 yrs old this season.

Old 08-23-2023, 05:00 PM

12,946 posts, read 13,330,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babe_Ruth View Post
Sam Hartman, one of my favorite college QBs has left Wake Forest for Notre Dame.
Forgive me if this was already mentioned. It'll be a good stage for him.. my opinion, Hartman has been grossly underrated. And he's kinda become a Van Wilder of current QBs, he's 24 yrs old this season.
Isn’t he the QB that Texas A&M was afraid to face in their bowl game a couple of years ago and wound up forfeiting?

Old 08-23-2023, 06:37 PM

3,731 posts, read 2,553,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Isn’t he the QB that Texas A&M was afraid to face in their bowl game a couple of years ago and wound up forfeiting?
(laughter).. yup, I forgot about that. A&M had so many outbound transfers, players unwilling to play postseason, and COVID concerns that they backed out of the (I think, Gator) Bowl. Wake Forest would've been their opponent.

The $tate of contemporary college football..

Old 08-24-2023, 05:15 PM

1,979 posts, read 968,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babe_Ruth View Post
I wish him the best at ND. He has big shoes and expectations but all the tools to be successful this season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football