Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2018, 11:13 AM

2,141 posts, read 1,393,020 times

Advertisements

https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/s...976141312?s=19

https://www.facebook.com/TheBrettMcM...42037522486968

If all of this is true, Meyer needs to be run out of Columbus on a rail. Another program could possibly be left picking up the pieces after this man's gone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2018, 02:38 PM

2,575 posts, read 2,086,664 times
I tried to read it earlier, but it's a lot. I will have to try again later when I can try to follow it better along with other reports.

Her own parents told her not press charges because he would "lose his job"? I guess that could be just fear of her safety, though. I just need to read it more closely.

Either way, the husband is trash for beating his wife. Guess we will see what all comes from it in time.

Old 08-01-2018, 05:00 PM

2,575 posts, read 2,086,664 times
I just heard he’s on paid leave

Old 08-01-2018, 05:08 PM

609 posts, read 351,888 times
He will be fired.

Old 08-01-2018, 05:09 PM

32,158 posts, read 34,833,561 times
And like that, OSU's program goes up in smoke. Everyone will be looking to poach their recruits.

Old 08-01-2018, 06:31 PM

639 posts, read 249,942 times
Yep. He is gone. Rightfully so because he should have fired the assistant years ago but sucks at same time because he is a damn good football coach.

Old 08-02-2018, 01:27 AM

2,088 posts, read 1,981,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuropeanLoyalist View Post
Yep. He is gone. Rightfully so because he should have fired the assistant years ago but sucks at same time because he is a damn good football coach.

We'll see. I think it depends on if the NCAA levels any penalties. That was what ultimately led to OSU getting rid of Tressel. If there are no penalties, he survives. OSU is one of those schools that really relies on sports. Academic-wise it's ok: not great, not terrible. Sports, specifically football, is what puts it on the map. I have no faith that the administration is going to give up the golden goose without a fight.

Old 08-02-2018, 04:19 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,289,521 times
what a bunch of bull.........if this woman had all this evidence why not go to the police and settle this in court. Then with an arrest and conviction then you have better grounds to fire the assistant coach.

She allegedly told the wife of Urban and she was expecting what? for the coach to be the police, jury and judge and convict his assistant coach and fire him......let's say he fires him based on her allegations and it turns to be false, then the assistant coach can sue the University for wrongful termination and slander.

If a wife of a co-worker or an employee of mine comes to me with allegations about physical abuse or tells my wife , I would tell her to go to the police and let them do a proper investigation and based on that I would act. I have no grounds to fire that employee on just allegations or because she told my wife about it.

There is 2 sides to every story and it's sad that with the me movement we have this gang mentally that we are going to condemn a man and his wife for a 1 sided story without hearing their side and putting things under perspective.

This woman had to go to the police first....get a restraining order.....get a conviction in court and then go to the school administration with the police and court report if she wanted to see her ex-husband fired.

Which begs the question, isn't the #1 priority of this woman if she was being abuse by her husband is to get him away from the home and the children and get a restraining order and divorce and continue with her life.....why does she cares where her ex-husband works and what does the head coach and his wife thinks, does or didn't do?

here are the facts:

Two police reports filed in 2015 in Ohio's Powell County, after the Smiths separated in June of that year, accused Zach Smith of abuse. Charges were NEVER filed.

INSTEAD going after the Head Coach for not firing his assistant in 2015, shouldn't we ask why didn't the police file charges?.......if there isn't at least charges filed (never mind a conviction) just an arrest and charges filed then how can you blame the Head Coach?

Old 08-02-2018, 04:31 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,289,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuropeanLoyalist View Post

if the police didn't file charges on what grounds Meyer should have fired him?,,,,,,if this is the route you all want to go, fire people on just allegations by an ex wife? no arrest, no charges filed... no conviction?.....then we are all screwed.

I'm not defending the ex-husband....maybe he was abusive maybe not. I wasn't in their home and neither was Meyer......all we have was the allegation of an ex-wive and she filed 2 police reports that the police didn't file any charges in 2015 and the DA decided there wasn't a case.

if this lady should be upset about something blame the police and the DA in 2015 for not filing charges but she is throwing under the bus the head coach and his wife which time will tell her motivation and I wouldn't be surprised if she wants money from the university.

Old 08-02-2018, 06:19 AM

8,989 posts, read 17,335,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
what a bunch of bull.........if this woman had all this evidence why not go to the police and settle this in court. Then with an arrest and conviction then you have better grounds to fire the assistant coach.

She allegedly told the wife of Urban and she was expecting what? for the coach to be the police, jury and judge and convict his assistant coach and fire him......let's say he fires him based on her allegations and it turns to be false, then the assistant coach can sue the University for wrongful termination and slander.

There is 2 sides to every story and it's sad that with the me movement we have this gang mentally that we are going to condemn a man and his wife for a 1 sided story without hearing their side and putting things under perspective.
here are the facts:

Two police reports filed in 2015 in Ohio's Powell County, after the Smiths separated in June of that year, accused Zach Smith of abuse. Charges were NEVER filed.

INSTEAD going after the Head Coach for not firing his assistant in 2015, shouldn't we ask why didn't the police file charges?.......if there isn't at least charges filed (never mind a conviction) just an arrest and charges filed then how can you blame the Head Coach?
There is a lot to take in from this post.

"why not go to the police?" - She did go to the police.

"She allegedly told the wife of Urban and she was expecting what?" - well, her husband was abusing her. she was scared and probably looking for support from someone.

"There is 2 sides to every story" - there are graphic pictures of the woman with bruises after the abuse. I am sure her husband just tripped and fell, grabber her throat to break the fall.

"Charges were NEVER filed." - Two of Urban Meyer's closest friends pressured Courtney Smith to not press charges for the 2009 incident.

"how can you blame the Head Coach?" - Because it sounds like he knew about the whole situation and tried to cover it up rather than do something about it. The problem is not that Urban is at fault for domestic abuse. The problem is that it appears he knew about it, protected the abuser, and may have even had people intervene to prevent charges in 2015 in hopes the situation would not impact the program. NCAA rules state that if a coach knows about abuse, he/she has to report it. If he knew and did not report, that is a fire-able offence.

Last edited by Toxic Toast; 08-02-2018 at 06:29 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football