Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2023, 10:41 PM

17,986 posts, read 27,444,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
So.. What's up with all the players leaving after the spring game?

I haven't dug into it enough to figure it out. Is he just basically saying everyone is being replaced?
18 players leaving the Buffs is a great thing because these same players are losers to the CSU Rams and the Air Force Zoomies, and they'd probably lose to the UNC Bears and the CSU Pueblo Timberwolves.

Change is good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2023, 10:30 AM

3,942 posts, read 2,338,527 times
Quote:
So.. What's up with all the players leaving after the spring game?

I haven't dug into it enough to figure it out. Is he just basically saying everyone is being replaced?
That's what it seems like to me. I believe he told some players to go to the portal from the conversations with their position coaches. I saw that WR that had a big game went to the portal and is getting offers from Penn State and a few SEC schools. From what I have read, he did the right thing. He would have been a 4th WR at best if he stayed.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...eion%20Sanders.

Wide receiver Montana Lemonious-Craig is one of the highest-profile players to make the decision to leave Boulder. The junior made waves on Saturday by catching three passes for 154 yards and two touchdowns during the first spring game for coach Deion Sanders.

Old 04-26-2023, 10:37 AM

17,563 posts, read 15,226,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet life View Post
That's what it seems like to me. I believe he told some players to go to the portal from the conversations with their position coaches. I saw that WR that had a big game went to the portal and is getting offers from Penn State and a few SEC schools. From what I have read, he did the right thing. He would have been a 4th WR at best if he stayed.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...eion%20Sanders.

Wide receiver Montana Lemonious-Craig is one of the highest-profile players to make the decision to leave Boulder. The junior made waves on Saturday by catching three passes for 154 yards and two touchdowns during the first spring game for coach Deion Sanders.

This.. Doesn't necessarily sound like the best idea in the world.

I mean.. If you start putting out there that only the best can play here.. While you might attract the best.. You won't get all of them.. And if someone doesn't pan out.. Seems you could be in some trouble.

Old 04-26-2023, 11:06 AM

Quote:
This.. Doesn't necessarily sound like the best idea in the world.

I mean.. If you start putting out there that only the best can play here.. While you might attract the best.. You won't get all of them.. And if someone doesn't pan out.. Seems you could be in some trouble.
Agreed! It's a hard sell especially for the "Florida & Georgia boys" he so covets. Heard it snowed during that spring game. The grounds keepers did a heck of a job getting the field ready that day.

Old 04-27-2023, 01:26 PM

This story is out today..

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/son-c...anders-cut-him

This.. Is not a good precedence.

I can see this going either way.. I mean. If *I* were a player looking at colleges, and knew this is how some people were done.. If I were being recruited there.. I'd really have to think long and hard if that was a situation i'd want to go into.

On the other hand.. You can look at it as saying "Only the best players" will be here.. BUT.. Then again.. There's at least a bit of nepotism going on since he's installed his kid as the QB.

Old 04-28-2023, 11:03 PM

17,986 posts, read 27,444,769 times
Whenever you got players from a 1-11 team walk out FOR you, that's a good deal.

This team has been garbage since 2001.

Old 05-02-2023, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Whenever you got players from a 1-11 team walk out FOR you, that's a good deal.

This team has been garbage since 2001.

I disagree. Not when you've done them dirty. Which.. It SEEMS like is what's happening here.

I don't know all the details, so, I could be wrong about this.. But, it certainly feels that way to me.

You'll get a reputation as a 'fair weather friend' and if you have a bad season or something, risk being 'asked' to leave the program..

Remember that only a small percentage of college players will ever go to the pros. So, the vast majority of your players are there for an education. And.. Risking having that taken away from them..

I get the feeling that Deion, at some point, is going to have problems with NCAA.

Old 05-03-2023, 10:24 AM

4,860 posts, read 6,918,406 times
Quote:
I disagree. Not when you've done them dirty. Which.. It SEEMS like is what's happening here.

I don't know all the details, so, I could be wrong about this.. But, it certainly feels that way to me.

You'll get a reputation as a 'fair weather friend' and if you have a bad season or something, risk being 'asked' to leave the program..

Remember that only a small percentage of college players will ever go to the pros. So, the vast majority of your players are there for an education. And.. Risking having that taken away from them..

I get the feeling that Deion, at some point, is going to have problems with NCAA
I'm starting to wonder about this myself. When you're a new coach, MOST of the time it's not a good idea to become a polarizing figure. I wonder what he's saying to these players.

Bringing in 18 Jackson State players isn't automatically making this team a lot better. The quality of the competition between what these 2 programs face is pretty substantial. The SWAC members would get their butts handed to them in a power 5 conference.

Last edited by jmgg; 05-03-2023 at 10:34 AM..

Old 05-25-2023, 06:07 AM

https://coloradobuffaloeswire.usatod...n-join-big-12/

A big 12 source is claiming that Colorado is ready to commit to joining the Big 12 soon. Whatever that means. I guess there are still negotiations going on.

Old 05-27-2023, 08:44 PM

12,946 posts, read 13,328,106 times
Guess they’ll do better now that Texas won’t be there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football