Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2023, 12:07 PM

26,208 posts, read 49,012,208 times

Advertisements

Sports Illustrated has a glowing article on the Buffs win over TCU. At game time the temperature on the field was said to be in the 120F range.

Looks like an open site with no paywall.

Excerpts:

Quote:
Here are three takeaways from Colorado's big win.

Shedeur Sanders threw for a CU record 510 passing yards. The Buffs QB looked great all afternoon and played with a ton of confidence in the pocket. For all the talk by the national pundits saying Sanders would have a learning curve from being at Jackson State, this was one heck of a response by the coach's son. It was amazing to see him translate the off-season work to go right into the season without skipping a beat.

Travis Hunter is the first FBS player over the past 20 seasons to have over 100 yards receiving and an interception in the same game. The two-way five-star stud was a game changer for the Buffs. He might leave Colorado as one of the best players in college football history. If this was his FBS debut in horrible conditions, we can't wait to see what he does in the cool fall air of Folsom Field. The secondary play by CU was outstanding, to say the least.

Colorado had four players with over 100 receiving yards, which is also a CU record. Sanders was able to distribute the ball around with ease. He checked his reads, and it was a reason why he played mistake-free for 60 minutes. The Buffs receivers are a great corps with playmaking ability, too. Dylan Edwards added another option for Colorado out of the backfield, but Jimmy Horn, Xavier Weaver, and Travis Hunter answered the bell.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2023, 05:52 PM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Sports Illustrated has a glowing article on the Buffs win over TCU. At game time the temperature on the field was said to be in the 120F range.

Looks like an open site with no paywall.

Excerpts:

The conditions greatly favored TCU as they were practicing in that kind of weather all summer. Now Nebraska has to deal with the mile high elevation.

Old 09-04-2023, 07:48 PM

3,834 posts, read 4,437,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
The conditions greatly favored TCU as they were practicing in that kind of weather all summer. Now Nebraska has to deal with the mile high elevation.
Weirdly enough, I wouldnt be surprised if its the Colorado boys who struggle with the elevation. Remember Deion got rid of most of the roster from last year whom I'm guessing would be more likely to be home grown. He brought a bunch of boys from Jackson and then the transfer portal. Since his strongest connections would be in the South rather than the Midwest, I would guess most of his current players are from down south. Which is why the heat in Fort Worth didnt bother them, but the elevation might. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Old 09-05-2023, 05:11 AM

3,942 posts, read 2,338,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
Yep, I remember the old Nebraska teams well too. Eric Crouch, Ahman Green, etc. I think Nebraska's downfall has been a combination of the times changing, other schools improving, and for whatever reason, the powers that be thinking that the brand name would be enough to keep the school relevant and competitive. That has clearly not been the case. Combine that with the fact that there is no talent rich pool near by to recruit from. They've always had to go to the south or elsewhere to pull talented players. That worked as long as they were winning. Once that ended, so did the interest. I really dont know if that school will ever come back to what it once was. It will require an AD who's willing to think outside the box, maybe grab a young, innovative coach who can recruit well and make the team attractive, to heck with all the old traditional crap, and everyone, especially the fans over there would have to be patient, and more importantly, accept the fact that this isnt 1980 anymore. Nebraska at best can aim to be a middle of the pack team in the BIG. Nothing more. Dont hold your breath on that one though. I think their fans are still living in the time machine.
You mean what AD Rick George did when he picked Coach Prime?

Old 09-05-2023, 11:08 PM

17,986 posts, read 27,444,769 times
Quote:
Weirdly enough, I wouldnt be surprised if its the Colorado boys who struggle with the elevation. Remember Deion got rid of most of the roster from last year whom I'm guessing would be more likely to be home grown. He brought a bunch of boys from Jackson and then the transfer portal. Since his strongest connections would be in the South rather than the Midwest, I would guess most of his current players are from down south. Which is why the heat in Fort Worth didnt bother them, but the elevation might. I guess we'll find out soon enough.
I kind of just pay attention to the scoreboard and let the Climate Control handle itself.

Old 09-06-2023, 07:21 PM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:

That is a good point about the heat.

From what I have read it takes a few weeks to get fully adjusted to elevation. They have probably been there long enough after enrolling. Maybe neither team has an advantage who knows. The elevation did not help them much last season.

Old 09-08-2023, 02:29 PM

15,821 posts, read 6,527,022 times
Good to see Colorado bounce back from such a miserable season. That was painful to watch.

Old 09-09-2023, 02:07 PM

Watched today's game, Buffaloes won 36-14. Lots of penalties in the game.

Old 09-09-2023, 02:29 PM

17,986 posts, read 27,444,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Watched today's game, Buffaloes won 36-14. Lots of penalties in the game.
I didn't watch the game because they're on channel 21 FOX, Directv failure. So, volunteered to go shopping with the Wife at Costco. First half seemed kind of slow.

Oh BTW, smack talk aside, any time the Buffs beat Nebraska, it is well appreciated. Sort of an older rivalry.

Old 09-09-2023, 02:53 PM

First half was a bit slow, but things got to rocking in the 2nd half. Lots of Nebraska turnovers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football