Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 05:55 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,917,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by e_coli View Post
Sheesh...talk about a mauling that's waiting to happen. Clemson. lol!
I seriously doubt Clemson will beat South Carolina... so this mauling should be avoided.

Sammy Watkins is just not the same player this year. That suspension must have really hurt his psyche...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2012, 07:37 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,730,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_coli View Post
Sheesh...talk about a mauling that's waiting to happen. Clemson. lol!
Yeah but weren't you guys supposed to maul TAMU last week?

Old 11-13-2012, 08:16 AM

518 posts, read 410,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Yeah but weren't you guys supposed to maul TAMU last week?
Who's 'you guys'? Not a Bama fan.

I knew A&M had a great chance to cause problems for Alabama - I think I even mentioned it in one of my posts before the game. Did I think Alabama would lose? No, but few people did, but I did expect the match-up to be problematic, mainly because Alabama was going to have to go against a completely different style of play than the type they had just played and survived a week earlier. LSU is arguably among the most physical and punishing teams in the nation; A&M is arguably the fastest team in the SEC. I'm not making excuses or anything - A&M won that game outright. I'm just sayin I wasn't surprised that A&M tested them.

Old 11-13-2012, 09:06 AM

5,600 posts, read 15,495,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
I seriously doubt Clemson will beat South Carolina... so this mauling should be avoided.

Sammy Watkins is just not the same player this year. That suspension must have really hurt his psyche...
While I agree that Clemson has a major hurdle to overcome next weekend and will be underdogs despite the rankings, this isn't the same Clemson team that surprised the ACC in 2011. Offensively, the Tigers are much better than they were last year thanks to a healthy Tajh Boyd, Andre Ellington, and depth of quality skill players. Defensively, they are mediocre and lack depth, but show signs of improvement every week. If the South Carolina rivalry game had been played earlier in the season, then I believe it could have been an easy blowout in favor of the Gamecocks. I'm interested in the matchup between Clemson's O-line versus SC's D-ends and Clemson's receivers versus SC's defensive backfield. Both teams have a solid offense, but Clemson will face a much better defense.

If the Tigers overcome their two remaining obstacles and the ACC power ratings remain unchanged, then they'll likely face their toughest challenge in decades if Alabama plays in the Sugar Bowl.

Old 11-13-2012, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post
While I agree that Clemson has a major hurdle to overcome next weekend and will be underdogs despite the rankings, this isn't the same Clemson team that surprised the ACC in 2011. Offensively, the Tigers are much better than they were last year thanks to a healthy Tajh Boyd, Andre Ellington, and depth of quality skill players. Defensively, they are mediocre and lack depth, but show signs of improvement every week. If the South Carolina rivalry game had been played earlier in the season, then I believe it could have been an easy blowout in favor of the Gamecocks. I'm interested in the matchup between Clemson's O-line versus SC's D-ends and Clemson's receivers versus SC's defensive backfield. Both teams have a solid offense, but Clemson will face a much better defense.

If the Tigers overcome their two remaining obstacles and the ACC power ratings remain unchanged, then they'll likely face their toughest challenge in decades if Alabama plays in the Sugar Bowl.

I agree that Clemson is better than last year... but considering their performance in the Orange Bowl, that isnt saying much.

Clemson is a product of their conference. Meaning we really don't know how good they are because their conference stinks. If they played in the SEC or Big12 I think we would know a lot more about them at this point in the season. It's crazy to say we don't know enough about a team this late in the season. But that's the ACC for you....

Old 11-17-2012, 09:48 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,933,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
Oh Im loving this. Im loving it so much that im going to say it with nine minutes left and Alabama's only down by six. Please...allow me...let me be the first to say...Alabama is not the best team in the nation and they have been beaten by Texas A&M. This should be good. Justice has been served.
And down goes the quacks. Should never have posted this garbage in our thread.

Old 11-17-2012, 09:50 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,730,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
Oh Im loving this. Im loving it so much that im going to say it with nine minutes left and Alabama's only down by six. Please...allow me...let me be the first to say...Alabama is not the best team in the nation and they have been beaten by Texas A&M. This should be good. Justice has been served.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
And down goes the quacks. Should never have posted this garbage in our thread.

And KState absolutely got their asses whooped tonight, by an unranked team no less.

Tomorrow we'll wake up to a #1-ranked Notre Dame and there will still be doubters. Maybe they'll meet Alabama in the championship game; the case for 'bama still "belonging" there certainly got a massive boost this evening.

Old 11-17-2012, 09:58 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,348,128 times
Yes, Bama is back in the hunt. Now, we have to beat GA. For me this is bittersweet because I love both Georgia and Bama, but Bama is #1!

Old 11-17-2012, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
Yes, Bama is back in the hunt. Now, we have to beat GA. For me this is bittersweet because I love both Georgia and Bama, but Bama is #1!
WTF?

How is that even possible?

Old 11-17-2012, 10:01 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,348,128 times
Born in Athens with family that attended UGA, but graduated from Bama. Get it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football