Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 05:22 PM

518 posts, read 408,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
Oh Im loving this. Im loving it so much that im going to say it with nine minutes left and Alabama's only down by six. Please...allow me...let me be the first to say...Alabama is not the best team in the nation and they have been beaten by Texas A&M. This should be good. Justice has been served.
Be careful, bro, the Ducks have to play Stanford next weekend. Tide fans might get a chance to crash your thread in return.

But yeah, Alabama's title hopes might be done, and the Southeastern Conference might have gone down with them, too. How's that for irony? The SEC warmly welcomes the Aggies, and yet they might be the ones to end up stopping the SEC's streak of BCS titles.

Now that Alabama's lost, let's just remind everyone: all the other teams have to do now is to win. As long as they win, the rest of the country won't have to watch the SEC in January. If the nation sees an SEC team in the BCS title game it will only be the result of the remaining teams choking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2012, 05:23 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,374,394 times
Ouch.

That is all.

Old 11-10-2012, 05:45 PM

259 posts, read 366,798 times
Wow! A&M took the Tide today . I was shocked but Texas is in 2nd and has a great guarterback. Tide will get to
the campionship not to worry! Go Gators ,Go Notre Dame,Go Wisconsin and Go Tide my favoite teams.

Old 11-10-2012, 05:47 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,466,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbidave View Post
Wow! A&M took the Tide today . I was shocked but Texas is in 2nd and has a great guarterback. Tide will get to
the campionship not to worry! Go Gators ,Go Notre Dame,Go Wisconsin and Go Tide my favoite teams.
Why don't you throw in Oregon and you will have all your regional bases covered.

Last edited by Acuda; 11-10-2012 at 06:00 PM..

Old 11-10-2012, 05:53 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,323,131 times
We lost. Oh well, Roll Tide anyway! Once a fan always a fan.

Old 11-10-2012, 07:26 PM

48,502 posts, read 97,009,245 times
Still with the schedule they had a great roll and came very close to wining this game too. I suspect that gven the chance after6 years of SEC team i chmapoionship game the voter will want a different game. I am a Texas fan but recognise Bama has the best tem I have seen in colege football.

Old 11-10-2012, 08:19 PM

518 posts, read 408,073 times
Yeah, I think the SEC's done this year. I think one of the final three undefeated teams will get stunned somehow, but not two.

If Georgia beats Alabama they'll make a case, and if Alabama wins the remaining games and the conference title game, they'll try to make a case, too, due to their tough conference schedule. But it would be hard to say they're more deserving of an undefeated team.

It's ironic and maybe poetic. Last year we had two SEC teams playing in the title game, which was a huge disappointment for fans who wanted more diversity, and yet the case was pretty strong that both deserved to be there. This year, there's an argument to be made about at least having one SEC team in the national title game, and many fans would like to see it. But it probably won't happen. So last year we had two SEC teams in the big game, and now we'll probably have none. Maybe it's only fitting.

Old 11-10-2012, 08:31 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,977,038 times
Uhhh....that shocked me. Congrats Ags.

Old 11-10-2012, 09:41 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,530,276 times
Shocked that the Aggies slowed the Bammer running game like that.

Perhaps Saban should have given Stoops a call on a gameplan against the Aggies as we (Sooners) rolled 'em the vast majority of the time in the Big 12 South.

Surprised and thankful.

If K-State/Oregon (or ND) win out we might just get something other than an SEC champ (all SEC fans gasp&shudder ) in the title game.

Old 11-11-2012, 05:44 AM

1,483 posts, read 3,313,006 times
Ha ha ha. Bama is done. The solution has been found. Good job, LSU! Great execution, Aggies!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football