Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2012, 08:10 PM

518 posts, read 406,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
Nick Saban has to be crushed to find out what got to his D was the hurry up. Its no wonder why coach Chip Kelly of our Ducks is the pioneer of the West Coast offense and many teams are going to a hurry up spread. I never bought into that defense wins championships philosophy. To say that one is more important than the other is stupid. Its an oxymoron to believe in balance and then base your coaching philosophy on one side of the ball. He found that out tonight. The SEC found that out tonight.
If you look at Alabama's performance, though, I think it's pretty obvious that Alabama wasn't playing defense only; they actually had the offense to match their defense. Ironically, what it came down to was the fact that their defense that couldn't hold A&M. They adjusted in the 3rd quarter, but they seemed a bit worn out in the 4th. A&M also didn't just bring offense; they played great defense down the stretch. A&M just beat Bama on both sides of the football. LSU almost did it last week, but A&M finished the job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2012, 08:11 PM

518 posts, read 406,528 times
The sexy match-up is to have the two best-performing, most-deserving teams play. If it's Notre Dame and Kansas State...that's fine with me.

Notre Dame doesn't win pretty, but they're definitely strong on the lines. I just wonder about their ability to stretch the field, which might be a bigger problem against Kansas State than against Oregon, but a disadvantage regardless of whoever they play.

Old 11-10-2012, 08:30 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,532,523 times
I am not looking forward to Bass&Catfish's report card this weekend.

Old 11-10-2012, 09:00 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,531,629 times
I want to see KState and Oregon play for the title...i want to see some high scoring game....something like 65-62 score.

Old 11-10-2012, 11:37 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,960,918 times
Once again I stand amazed at our " team". We have believed and endured this climb with patience and we have earned this. Good job team. The best college football team I've ever seen.

Old 11-11-2012, 12:18 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,000,788 times
I see the bullet that Alabama dodged last week against LSU caught up with them this week against Texas A&M. Last week I clearly stated that I wasn't that impressed with Alabama and that they only won because of scared coaching. So this proves that a Win is not always a Win because it always catches up with you the following week.

Old 11-11-2012, 09:21 PM

5,500 posts, read 10,518,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
I come from being out today only to find the following:
"Jelani Jenkins returned a blocked punt 36 yards for a touchdown with 2 seconds remaining and No. 7 Florida rallied in the closing minutes to beat Louisiana-Lafayette 27-20 on Saturday."
No. 7 Florida scores twice late to beat ULL 27-20 - College Football - Rivals.com

I thought the Gators were past this...I guess not since a miracle was needed @HOME. ROFL.
It was an awful game. What you fail to admit all this year is that FSU seasons has been a disappointment while UF has over-achieved.

Old 11-12-2012, 09:13 AM

2,532 posts, read 3,450,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post
It was an awful game. What you fail to admit all this year is that FSU seasons has been a disappointment while UF has over-achieved.
Over-achieve by squeeking out wins against ULL and Bowling Green; both at Home... I thought you would be coming to Doak looking more impressive at this point.

As for us... losing a game is tough when the media hypes your team to go undefeated, but my gut told me we would drop a game; personally, I circled @NC State and @VT as trap games for us at the beginning of the season.

Old 11-12-2012, 10:33 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,977,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I see the bullet that Alabama dodged last week against LSU caught up with them this week against Texas A&M. Last week I clearly stated that I wasn't that impressed with Alabama and that they only won because of scared coaching. So this proves that a Win is not always a Win because it always catches up with you the following week.
Not always and this doesn't prove anything. All it "proves" is that it's tough to win every week in college football. Alabama has had to play too good football teams all year and they struggled with both. Had Alabama had another one of their many cupcakes the week after LSU they might have gotten bye but they were due for a physical and emotional letdown after such a grueling win. Or maybe they were simply over looking TAMU because of their primetime showdown with noted powerhouse Western Carolina next week.

Old 11-12-2012, 10:49 AM

1,837 posts, read 1,960,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Not always and this doesn't prove anything. All it "proves" is that it's tough to win every week in college football. Alabama has had to play too good football teams all year and they struggled with both. Had Alabama had another one of their many cupcakes the week after LSU they might have gotten bye but they were due for a physical and emotional letdown after such a grueling win. Or maybe they were simply over looking TAMU because of their primetime showdown with noted powerhouse Western Carolina next week.
Here's the facts. Here's what that game proved:

Alabama got shocked at the beginning of that game by A&M's hurry up offense.

Big lesson to learn there no doubt. Look for more and more teams to catch on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football