Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2022, 04:46 AM

25,933 posts, read 12,960,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggermatt15 View Post
1. Georgia
2. Ohio State/Michigan winner
3. Alabama
4. Probably one-loss TCU, two-loss So Cal or two-loss Oregon, depending on who committee feels is strongest case;

You figure, Alabama is going to be the highest ranked two-loss team because of their strength of schedule and wins.
How can you put Alabama ahead of LSU? I'm not seeing that. Alabama's toast....didnt even make it to the SEC 'ship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2022, 07:25 AM

2,008 posts, read 993,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
How can you put Alabama ahead of LSU? I'm not seeing that. Alabama's toast....didnt even make it to the SEC 'ship.
My prediction was based on Georgia defeating LSU in the SEC Champ Game. If LSU loses, no way they are in the CFP. A two-loss team has never made the playoff, yet alone a three loss team isn't even in the question.

Old 11-26-2022, 10:54 AM

9,788 posts, read 7,511,961 times
A week ago at this time there was talk of getting 3 teams into the playoffs. After Tennessee's loss the SEC is now down to 2 teams. And if LSU loses next weekend, it will be 1 team only in the field.

Alabama needs LSU to lose, TCU to lose, USC to lose to Notre Dame, Oregon to lose to Oregon State or the Pac 12 title game, and probably needs Clemson to lose to South Carolina or North Carolina next weekend.

Old 11-26-2022, 02:38 PM

18,066 posts, read 27,523,270 times
Even if Bama wins the Iron Bowl today and cough cough... LSU loses to the aggies, they still can't get into SEC Championship due to the head to head with LSU?

So Michigan gets in over the Luckeyes, but as a 2 or a 3?

Clemson got upset. I suppose it depends on SC vs Notre Dame.

Old 11-26-2022, 04:05 PM

2,008 posts, read 993,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Even if Bama wins the Iron Bowl today and cough cough... LSU loses to the aggies, they still can't get into SEC Championship due to the head to head with LSU?

So Michigan gets in over the Luckeyes, but as a 2 or a 3?

Clemson got upset. I suppose it depends on SC vs Notre Dame.
Bama can definitely still get in. They are probably the highest ranked two-loss team.

Michigan beat Ohio State today, so that will KO the Bucks. Oregon and TCU are up big right now, I doubt either falter today.

Old 11-26-2022, 09:08 PM

9,788 posts, read 7,511,961 times
Georgia & Michigan are in regardless of what happens next weekend. I would put TCU in as well even if they lose next weekend. So, that's 3 of the 4 spots. The 4th spot is now USC's to lose....win next weekend and they are in IN, or lose, and it's gonna be between Alabama and Ohio State, and boy I can't wait for 2 teams that not only failed to win their conference failed to win their division argue about why they should get picked over the other.

Old 11-27-2022, 01:04 AM

18,066 posts, read 27,523,270 times
LSU is still playing Georgia.

Due to that fact, in my mind, Bama should be out. If somehow LSU wins, shouldn't they still punch their ticket? I know the odds of that are nil, but if they did, I could see Georgia only dropping to say #4.

TCU should be in if they win. We know Georgia and Michigan are in if they win.

If the Trojans win, they make a good case for being in the 4 spot, I would think moreso than Bama.

What would have to happen for Bama to get in? LSU wins big, SC loses, ?

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe LSU has no chance. But if that's the case, the SEC Championship game is worthless.

Old 11-27-2022, 02:44 AM

9,576 posts, read 7,371,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
LSU is still playing Georgia.

Due to that fact, in my mind, Bama should be out. If somehow LSU wins, shouldn't they still punch their ticket? I know the odds of that are nil, but if they did, I could see Georgia only dropping to say #4.

TCU should be in if they win. We know Georgia and Michigan are in if they win.

If the Trojans win, they make a good case for being in the 4 spot, I would think moreso than Bama.

What would have to happen for Bama to get in? LSU wins big, SC loses, ?

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe LSU has no chance. But if that's the case, the SEC Championship game is worthless.
Down goes LSU, adios, nice to know ya!

Here's how I would rank the teams after today for the CFP:

1. Georgia
2. Michigan
3. TCU
4. USC

5. Ohio State
6. Alabama
7. Tennessee
8. Penn State

I can see the committee only dropping Ohio State to 4th and then have USC at 5th, and if USC wins the Pac-12 Championship next Friday night in Vegas, having them jump Ohio State in the final ranking.

Now if TCU loses next week, I can see both Ohio State and Michigan being in the CFP.

If TCU and USC both lose next week, then it gets interesting with regards to that 4th spot!

Old 11-27-2022, 04:03 AM

25,933 posts, read 12,960,297 times
SEC regular season ends with SEC East having 29 SEC wins, and the SEC West having 27 SEC wins.

I can't find the SEC East versus SEC West head to head results yet. Does anyone have them?

To date, SEC East's UGA appears to be the class of both SEC Divisions, but we are not done just yet.

I see the East as being slightly better than the West right now, & the East having more momentum at this time.

That could change if LSU beats UGA, and the West does better in the Bowl games.

The OP's use of the word "dominance" has been erased....neither division is "dominant" over the other at this time.

I think its been a down year for the SEC as a whole.

Old 11-27-2022, 06:10 AM

9,576 posts, read 7,371,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
I think its been a down year for the SEC as a whole.
Being a Penn State/Big Ten fan, I would also add the Big Ten and the ACC. Outside of maybe 3 teams in each conference, both the Big Ten and ACC are garbage!

For me at least, the Pac-12 is the conference that really "overachieved" this year and surprised me with 6 ranked teams until the end, but sadly if USC loses to Utah in Vegas on Friday, they (Pac-12) will undoubtedly be shut out of the CFP for yet another year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football