Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2022, 09:47 AM

2,017 posts, read 995,053 times

Advertisements

Thru 12/30.

Winners: Arkansas, Tennessee,

Losers: Missouri, Ole Miss, Florida, S Carolina
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2022, 12:15 PM

18,072 posts, read 27,526,875 times
Oh NO!

The Dominance.

Bama unleashing frustration on the Big 12.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggermatt15 View Post
Thru 12/30.

Winners: Arkansas, Tennessee, Bama

Losers: Missouri, Ole Miss, Florida, S Carolina, Tucky
My predictions in bold.

Quote:
Well, you got one of two. Bama rolling, but Kentucky getting stomped, 21-0 in third quarter.
Wrong.

I left Tucky in your Loser column.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1973PINTO View Post
it`s a shame the best team in the country is`nt playing later today .. Bama would beat all 4 of them .
A few opinions below...

What a homer.

K-State underachieved. A few dropped passes kept them from keeping this one close.

We'll see. If TCU shocks and beats Michigan, that should show some respect for a tough Big 12. I think they had a pretty good year this year. TCU, K-State, even Kansas and Texas showing some toughness. OK State had a bad year, Oklahoma as well.

But how about Nick Saban? Had Bama lost today, they would have tried to shove him under the SEC Bus. If Georgia wins it all again, then they'll be yackin about the greatness of the SEC East.

But get this folks, one data point on a chart does not a trend make. Get two in a row, then we can talk some smack.

I think the Luckeyes might shock tonight. We shall see.

Happy New Year!

Last edited by McGowdog; 12-31-2022 at 01:39 PM..

Old 12-31-2022, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Oh NO!

The Dominance.

My predictions in bold.
Well, you got one of two. Bama rolling, but Kentucky getting stomped, 21-0 in third quarter.

Old 12-31-2022, 01:27 PM

3,519 posts, read 779,307 times
it`s a shame the best team in the country is`nt playing later today .. Bama would beat all 4 of them .

Old 12-31-2022, 02:45 PM

1,424 posts, read 1,291,000 times
The unofficial lluvia sports book odds vs. Bama
GA -6
Michigan +7
OSU +10
TCU +18 1/2

Old 01-01-2023, 09:25 AM

25,956 posts, read 12,968,255 times
The SEC East closed the gap on the SEC West this year, & the SEC fell back into the pack versus all the other big time conferences.

Overall, a down year for the SEC...not nearly as dominant as they have been in years past. TN & LSU are gaining momentum, and UGA & AL will remain top 5 teams in 2023.

I'm just glad my UGA Bulldogs have made it this far, and I 'm glad the officials overturned the 2 key calls they got wrong on the field....replay works. Brock Bowers did indeed pick up that 1st down, and Bullard didn't target Harrison.

I hope UGA now sees that they need bigger defensive backs, & a new D-back coach that will teach the players to turn around and pick up the ball, when its called for. That was painful to watch over, and over again.

Go Dawgs! Beat TCU, & bring home another national trophy.

Old 01-01-2023, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1973PINTO View Post
Lol. Tennessee with Hooker, Hyatt, and Tillman would whip Bama again.

The way Ohio State played last night, they would beat Bama too. Keep dreaming.

Old 01-01-2023, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Oh NO!

The Dominance.

My predictions in bold.

Wrong.

I left Tucky in your Loser column.

A few opinions below...

What a homer.

K-State underachieved. A few dropped passes kept them from keeping this one close.

We'll see. If TCU shocks and beats Michigan, that should show some respect for a tough Big 12. I think they had a pretty good year this year. TCU, K-State, even Kansas and Texas showing some toughness. OK State had a bad year, Oklahoma as well.

But how about Nick Saban? Had Bama lost today, they would have tried to shove him under the SEC Bus. If Georgia wins it all again, then they'll be yackin about the greatness of the SEC East.

But get this folks, one data point on a chart does not a trend make. Get two in a row, then we can talk some smack.

I think the Luckeyes might shock tonight. We shall see.

Happy New Year!
Thanks for the correction. Happy New Year to you too!

Old 01-01-2023, 07:28 PM

18,072 posts, read 27,526,875 times
Quote:
Thanks for the correction. Happy New Year to you too!

You're welcome!

Happy New Years and thanks for hanging out on the cool thread.

The Dawgs got a bit of luck on the missed field goal.

Old 01-02-2023, 07:06 AM

Quote:
You're welcome!

Happy New Years and thanks for hanging out on the cool thread.

The Dawgs got a bit of luck on the missed field goal.
I think so too. I was pretty sure Ruggles was going to make that kick. Ohio State gets lucky on numerous occasions and I believed that would be another.

Georgia has to get it together this week if they want to win the NC. TCU is going to bring it. They will play with a chip on its shoulder. Nobody giving them a chance, "disrespecting" them, etc. Which for them I think is a highly effective motivator. TCU has nothing to lose, where Georgia has a lot more. UGA is an even larger favorite this time and it would be a grand disappointment for them to lose on Monday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football