Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 09:57 PM

852 posts, read 1,357,229 times

Advertisements

I agree on Dennard. It looks like he's finally practicing again which is definitely good news. I hope he can get back on this field this week. It'd be nice for him to get a game under his belt before facing Russell Wilson next week. We're gonna need all the help we can get for that one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2011, 10:20 AM

977 posts, read 1,955,957 times
Hopefully he can get some playing time this weekend, even if it's end-of-the-game cleanup duty with the second team. I agree that we need him on the field next week. Maybe the Sea of Black next week will help the defense get it together, although honestly I have mixed feelings about this request from the AD:
http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.d...&DB_OEM_ID=100

I am in Laramie now and will be at the game this weekend...really looking forward to it, since I haven't been to a game since moving to the southwest over 9 years ago.

Old 09-23-2011, 02:29 AM

1,224 posts, read 2,188,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg13 View Post
Hopefully he can get some playing time this weekend, even if it's end-of-the-game cleanup duty with the second team. I agree that we need him on the field next week. Maybe the Sea of Black next week will help the defense get it together, although honestly I have mixed feelings about this request from the AD:
Pack Your Black for Wisconsin but Be Sure to Yell Go Big Red - Huskers.com - Nebraska Athletics Official Web Site

I am in Laramie now and will be at the game this weekend...really looking forward to it, since I haven't been to a game since moving to the southwest over 9 years ago.
I like the idea, why not do something a little different. Otherwise it will look like not a single NU fan is at the game. Not even for TV, but it has to help players looking in the stands and being able to find their support sections.

Very cool that you are going to the game this weekend. It is being dubbed as the biggest home game in their programs history!!

I think there is going to be a ton of red up there be loud and represent!

Old 09-23-2011, 10:40 AM

Looks like Dennard will play. I am guessing Crick will as well, but I would rather him sit out this week if he needs to than play when he's not ready and end up out next week.

Nebraska Cornhuskers' Alfonzo Dennard to play vs. Wyoming Cowboys, Jared Crick questionable - ESPN

Old 09-23-2011, 08:46 PM

Dennard needs to get his feet wet. He probably wont play more than half the game. I also would rather see Crick sit then force it on a game they should easily win without him.

Old 09-25-2011, 09:20 AM

Solid win. That Wyoming freshman QB is going to have a hell of a career.

This week is going to be a slow one "Gameday" at Wisconsin next Saturday. Right now I think Nebraska loses, but you never know.

Old 09-25-2011, 01:00 PM

852 posts, read 1,357,229 times
Big Ten play is finally here! The only way I could be more excited is if it were already Saturday! Like you, I think the Huskers probably lose this game but I do think it will be close. The Badgers have put up some impressive numbers but their competition thus far has been pretty weak. I'm not sure this team is capable of winning on the road at Camp Randall. I hope they prove me wrong. What are you guys planning on doing for the game? Do you plan to watch it at a bar, at home, with friends? We'll probably go all-out for the first time this year (friends, food, beer, shots, etc).

Old 09-25-2011, 06:38 PM

I am thinking of doing my annual Big Red Chili Cook Off for this game.

I usually like to wait until later in the season for better fall weather, but this game deserves a chili competition.

Old 09-25-2011, 11:27 PM

I will be in Tucson this Saturday, so I will be going to one of the Husker bars down there. Thank God it is a late game, since I will be working until 2. Everyone remember to wear your black!

I was at the Wyoming game yesterday, sitting in the UW student section in red. Huskers looked a bit lethargic again, but moved the ball better in the second half. I hope once we get Crick and Dennard on the field at the same time that the defense will improve. Wyoming was able to move the ball too easily. They do have a decent team this year, and should be able to make a bowl game.

Old 09-25-2011, 11:33 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,126,813 times
Badger fan here wanting to welcome Nebraska to the big ten----your school brings it great prestige and tradition to the big ten-----a great addition.

Quite an introduction with the first conference game in Madison. Good luck----we hope for a great game.

Again, welcome to the big ten and enjoy the ride.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football