Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2013, 07:35 PM

977 posts, read 1,957,258 times

Advertisements

The defense looked solid against Michigan. I know Michigan is far from elite, but it was still a good win considering this was the type of game they like to give up 70 points.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2013, 08:06 AM

852 posts, read 1,357,990 times
Agreed that this was a very nice win. It's good to see the defense coming around. I'm feeling a little more optimistic going into the game against the Spartans. I'll be very impressed if this team can win out again and make its way back to the Big Ten Championship.

Old 11-11-2013, 09:30 AM

The offense is going to have to do better to beat Michigan State. The injuries are mounting and they haven't been able to sustain drives the last few games. Armstrong did play better in the second half against Michigan. He had been making a lot of mistakes in the second half of previous games. We'll see if they can keep it going.

Old 11-16-2013, 08:38 AM

I think that Michigan State is overrated. While the defense is very good, the haven't really played any good running teams. The best that they've played to this point is Iowa which 30th in the country in rushing. Granted, they held them to a total of 23 yards. The second best team was Indiana who had a little success against them running for 92 yards. And they are 43rd in the nation. Nebraska, by comparison, is 16th and Abdullah is 7th. As good as that 'D' is, they haven't faced an RB that is the caliber of Abdullah. I think there's some opportunity there. Not saying that Nebraska will win but I think there's a chance. I think Abdullah will have some success but the Huskers and Armstrong can't turn the ball over.

Old 11-16-2013, 08:45 AM

And speaking of Abdullah, how good is he? In my opinion, he's better than Burkhead. Could he be the best since Ahman Green? I'm starting to think he is.

Old 11-17-2013, 09:29 AM

Another good game for Abdullah (I was right that this team can be run on). Unfortunately, I was also right in stating that they couldn't turn it over. Can't expect to win when you give it away five times. Looks like those Outback bowl projections may come true.

Old 11-17-2013, 07:05 PM

Abdullah is good now, but he is undersized and I don't think he has the speed to do much in the NFL. I hope I'm wrong, but we'll see. Right now he is having a great season.
As for Michigan State, ultimately Nebraska beat themselves more than Michigan State beat them. Way too many turnovers, and deep in their own territory. If you take away the 2 turnovers inside their own 10 (14 points), you have a 28-27 score and a whole different ballgame. By the end of the game the Blackshirts were so gassed it was easy for Michigan State to put it away.
I thought in spite of allowing 41 points, the defense played a great game. You can't expect much more from them when they're on the field almost 2:1 and put in short-field situations constantly by the offense turning the ball over. I really like how the defense has turned the corner the last few weeks. I think it bodes well going forward.

Old 11-24-2013, 08:19 AM

While not a great team, yesterday's overtime win against Penn State was good to see. Pretty solid game by RKIII. Makes me wonder if he will be the starter against the Hawkeyes next week. My guess is that the stick with Armstrong as the starter but will give Ronnie some time no matter what since it's his last home game. Another great game by Abdullah (excluding the fumble).

Old 11-29-2013, 04:53 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,935,082 times
So, is Pelini the coach next year???

You may be surprised with who is available. The release of Solich some time back sent a bad message to many.

Old 11-29-2013, 05:17 PM

It seems that the firing of Solich was due to extenuating circumstances as much as it was his record. So I'm not so sure that it will hurt as much as some people think. Personally, I am torn on Bo. Following the UCLA game, I wanted to see him gone. Now, I can see the argument to keep him. The young defense improved down the stretch and, overall, he team did a pretty decent job considering all of the injuries. On the other hand, he (once again) did himself no favors in the post-game press conference. Add that to some of the big losses the last couple of years and the leaked audio and I think it's 50/50. If I had to pick, I'm guessing he's back for another year. If not, I think Chris Petersen from Boise State would be a nice hire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football