Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2013, 10:52 AM

12,946 posts, read 13,336,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Lol. Courtesy of THujone from shaggy. One of his best.
That's one of the few THujone pics that wouldn't be censored here. He nails it every time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2013, 10:59 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,169,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
No Pardner, you're wrong here. They might try, but would get outmatched quickly.
I don't think Saban wants or needs more money to be happy. So I don't think Texas could entice him with money. I also think that Texas, as much money as it has, will not just throw money to get the coach they want. Texas does not want the negative publicity that would come from just putting big bucks out there to get Saban. The head coach salary race is stupid as it is and I don't see Texas putting their foot on the gas even if it can.

I also see a culture mismatch between Saban and Texas. Texas has a huge publicity and marketing machine and expects the head coach to be a big public face for them. I don't see Saban comfortable in that role like Mack is. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see Saban embracing the UT power base.

I think when the time comes UT will go for a proven up and comer (if that makes sense). It will be interesting to watch since Deloss Dodds is probably going soon too.

Old 09-10-2013, 01:05 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,126,430 times
Jus watched the game and wow, cant believe my eyes. When did we start playing pop warner kids?? At least 10- 15 missed tackles, Ash inconsistent and poor awareness of the pocket. Weak on punt/kickoff returns. All three sides of the team were in disarray.

I hope somehow Robinson can turn it around (mod edit-sentence delete)

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 09-10-2013 at 02:36 PM..

Old 09-10-2013, 05:57 PM

20,515 posts, read 33,531,365 times
I think if Texas does get a new coach in 2014, a new ad will do the search. Meaning, deloss might be out the door as well.

Old 09-11-2013, 05:48 AM

5,546 posts, read 9,503,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
I think if Texas does get a new coach in 2014, a new ad will do the search. Meaning, deloss might be out the door as well.
That would be great. That ol' fart did a lot to keep our conference at 10 members when we should have added a few others from the ACC before the GoR went into effect.

Old 09-11-2013, 07:17 AM

12,946 posts, read 13,336,259 times
UT fans are not happy - for the first time in the 50+ years I've attended the Texas/OU game, UT did not sell out its allotment of tickets for the RRS:

Quote:
Dear ,

A limited number of tickets are available for the Texas Football vs. Oklahoma game (AT&T Red River Rivalry) scheduled for Saturday, Oct. 12 at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas. As a season ticket holder, we would like to offer you the opportunity to purchase up to four tickets while supplies last.

Tickets are $110 each, located in the north upper deck sections of the Cotton Bowl, and available on a first-come, first-served basis until sold out.

Tickets are available exclusively online via TexasSports.com; tickets are not available over the phone or in person at the UT Athletics Ticket Office. To purchase, you must login to your season ticket holder account using your customer number or email address and password. (Your customer number is listed at the top of this email along with your PIN if you have not previously registered your account.) If you have any questions regarding your account, please contact the UT Athletics Ticket Office at ticket.questions@athletics.utexas.edu.

Texas vs. OU is one of the greatest rivalry games in college football and we are excited to offer you this opportunity to attend.

Hook 'em, Horns!
UT Athletics
This is in addition to the 6,000+ fewer season tickets being sold since 2010.

Old 09-11-2013, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
I think you are right. Why have the AD who hired the currently underperforming big three coaches hire the next one?

Old 09-11-2013, 12:17 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,144,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
UT fans are not happy - for the first time in the 50+ years I've attended the Texas/OU game, UT did not sell out its allotment of tickets for the RRS:

This is in addition to the 6,000+ fewer season tickets being sold since 2010.
Hopefully Deloss will get the message and fire mack errr.... "let him retire."

Old 09-11-2013, 01:19 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,876,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
I think you are right. Why have the AD who hired the currently underperforming big three coaches hire the next one?
Agreed. But who fires the AD? The regents? Or do the big donors threaten to stop the money if he doesn't retire?

Old 09-11-2013, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
Agreed. But who fires the AD? The regents? Or do the big donors threaten to stop the money if he doesn't retire?
Technically the AD reports to the president (Powers). But I don't think they will fire Deloss. They will orchestrate his retirement. Deloss has already hinted that he is thinking about it. No one knows the truth other than him, but I thought he wanted to leave when the football team was on the right track. Not sure that is possible any more.

I am curious what UT wants in their next AD. Do they want to change anything in how the department is run? If no - then I suppose they want a younger version of Dodds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football