Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2019, 11:03 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,876,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
UT has no D-line nor much of an O-line. Some good skill players though.
Dawgs will most likely cover.
We had both tonight, without question. I suspected we might have a chance in this game, but we really dominated — at no point in the game did Georgia look like the better team. I hate that we had those late penalties and basically gave them that last touchdown, but I’ll take the result.

I suspect Texas will get some love in the pre-season rankings next year. What we do with it, time will tell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2019, 11:22 PM

12,946 posts, read 13,336,259 times
Color me surprised, but very pleased. Hook’em!

SEC is a one horse overrated conference..

Old 01-02-2019, 04:39 AM

7,887 posts, read 11,407,065 times
Congratulations Texas on a great game and victory. Well played on defense, offense and special teams. You guys matured as the year went on and have a lot of young players who will be tough to handle for every one next year.

A perfect season for me is Texas is undefeated other than loses against OU and my OSU cowboys. I also cheer for OU other than when they play OSU, so want them with a one loss season and OSU undefeated. Never happened in my life time and not likely either with your talent level and coaching staff now.

I do not think the SEC is over rated, I know they are a good conference but think the Big 12 is under rated. Texas did more than its share carrying the Big 12 flag effectively in this game.

Texas high school football is a winner with this game too.

Awesome job Horns, we heard a lot of trash talk about how the dogs should have been in the semi final game instead of OU but you put that claim to rest soundly with this big time victory.

Old 01-02-2019, 05:31 AM

18,010 posts, read 27,456,617 times
Speaking of trash talking I heard one bulldog almost got gored by a horned bull.

Old 01-02-2019, 05:41 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Great game.
Georgia looked so flat.
I was surprised at the finish, as my Horns are great at blowing leads in the 4th.

Old 01-02-2019, 06:14 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,660,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Color me surprised, but very pleased. Hook’em!

SEC is a one horse overrated conference..
I think there is some validity to that.. because outside of Alabama, they are not head and shoulders better than the other Power 5 conferences.. they have really top level elite teams but also have some bottom feeders... still, Georgia did not give Texas their A game.... teams that expect/hope to be in the CFP typically have a let down in their no CFP bowl game. not to take anything away from the Longhorns because they played well but Georgia simply were not ready to play.. the game didn't mean as much to them as it did to Texas. Its really that simple.

Old 01-02-2019, 06:24 AM

2,141 posts, read 1,386,902 times
Final Score: Texas 28, Georgia 21

"ThE fOuR bEsT tEaMs DeSeRvE tO bE iN tHe PlAyOfF" In all seriousness, though, i'm surprised and quite happy for this team's future under Herman. I felt like we would suffer the wrath of a pissed-off Georgia, but luckily for us, that did not happen. Appears the old expression "Talk S**t, Get Hit" applies here quite well. Bevo getting rowdy before the game appeared to be a sign of what was to come.

Oh, and also as a bonus, i will link you to an aTm fan's comments during the Sugar Bowl. If you want to see peak Aggie and peak little brother syndrome combined, have a look: https://old.reddit.com/user/aggietravis

Old 01-02-2019, 07:48 AM

1,388 posts, read 2,255,904 times
From an OU grad living in Georgia--thank you! Georgia fans have come to think of themselves as equivalent to Alabama and Clemson without the hardware to back it up. This should shut them up for a bit. Plus listening to them scream for the past month about how the Big 12 top teams would be middle of the pack in the SEC has gotten old. Thanks for representing. For the first time in my life, "Hook'em" Great job. Ehlinger looked really good last night.

Old 01-02-2019, 07:49 AM

7,887 posts, read 11,407,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
I think there is some validity to that.. because outside of Alabama, they are not head and shoulders better than the other Power 5 conferences.. they have really top level elite teams but also have some bottom feeders... still, Georgia did not give Texas their A game.... teams that expect/hope to be in the CFP typically have a let down in their no CFP bowl game. not to take anything away from the Longhorns because they played well but Georgia simply were not ready to play.. the game didn't mean as much to them as it did to Texas. Its really that simple.
Georgia players and fans were sure ready to claim superiority over teams who lost to a team they couldn't beat. If you are not ready to play best stay quiet

Old 01-02-2019, 07:50 AM

12,946 posts, read 13,336,259 times
The excuses for Georgia were coming weeks before the game was played and I see they are being repeated afterwards. Lol.
Yeah, Texas was hungrier, but perhaps underrated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football