Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2010, 11:38 AM

5,984 posts, read 13,427,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
And second, it's not like TCU's gonna be a non-AQ forever. Hell, they really have no choice when you think about it cause there's no gaurantee that the Mountian West will gain AQ status. The Big East seems to be the only way for them to go and I doubt they pass a chance on this...
Which is sad because the Mountain West is far better than the Big East (in football). There is no way the Big East should be AQ -- it's a really weak conferences and has been ever since Miami and VT left.

Last edited by northstar22; 11-27-2010 at 11:57 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2010, 11:45 AM

1,639 posts, read 4,711,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazoopilot View Post
West Virginia was good under Rich Rod, but never did anything on the national stage.
...except for beating Georgia and Oklahoma in BCS bowls

Old 11-27-2010, 11:59 AM

5,984 posts, read 13,427,873 times
I forgot about that -- edited my post.

Still, I can't remember the last time Oklahoma won a BCS bowl.

Old 11-27-2010, 12:04 PM

Quote:
I don't understand why everyone hates Boise. What is there to hate about a non-traditional power from Idaho that built their program into a national powerhouse? Why not hate teams like Ohio State, which are media darlings every year and almost always lose their big games? Why not hate Oklahoma, which is always overrated?
The Boise State hate comes from their hypocritical, myopic, bandwagon riding fans who think college football wasn't played pre-2006.

They love to boast about their handful of highlights over the past few seasons while only acknowledging other team's failures. For example, their constant bashing of Ohio State for playing MAC teams and losing two NC games without acknowledging Ohio State's OOC series with Miami, Texas, USC, 5 bcs wins and a NC.

Ohio State is just one example, they cherry pick stats to try and appear superior to every major program. But if you dare bring up their losing bowl record, losing recrod against BCS teams, or weak schedule, they turn into babies and accuse you of being part of some "bcs elitist" conspiracy.

Good riddance.

Last edited by truckingbronco; 11-27-2010 at 12:13 PM..

Old 11-27-2010, 12:20 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,067,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truckingbronco View Post
The Boise State hate comes from their hypocritical, myopic, bandwagon riding fans who think college football wasn't played pre-2006.
People like you are the reason I hate Boise State.... And no, I am not a bandwagon riding fan..... always root for my team no matter what and yes we suck pretty much every year and that's okay.

Old 11-27-2010, 12:22 PM

Like me? I'm not a BSU fan, dude.

Old 11-27-2010, 12:23 PM

Quote:
I am a Boise fan, and I'm still a Boise fan even after last night's loss. I still think they deserve to go to a BCS bowl, or at least a New Year's Day game (Outback Bowl, Capital One Bowl, etc.) over a three-loss Big East team. This was one freak loss -- it happens. Nevada is a really good team.

I don't understand why everyone hates Boise. What is there to hate about a non-traditional power from Idaho that built their program into a national powerhouse? Why not hate teams like Ohio State, which are media darlings every year and almost always lose their big games? Why not hate Oklahoma, which is always overrated?
Don't worry, I hate Ohio State and Oklahoma just the same.....

Old 11-27-2010, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Like me? I'm not a BSU fan, dude.
Why are you bashing me and calling me a "bandwagon" fan then?

Old 11-27-2010, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
Why are you bashing me and calling me a "bandwagon" fan then?
I'm not, sorry if it came across that way. My post was a response to "why do people hate BSU?". I was describing BSU fans.

Old 11-27-2010, 12:29 PM

Quote:
I'm not, sorry if it came across that way. My post was a response to "why do people hate BSU?". I was describing BSU fans.
Ahhhh... Got ya! Sorry... my bad!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football