Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2010, 11:46 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,916,422 times

Advertisements

LOL.....

Look, I like the Longhorns and all, but it's guys like this who prove to me that College Football has the ability to make people dumber. Either he's a great actor or just another guy talkin' out of his ass, but...... just listen to this dude.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emGGR...eature=related

And this (might) be the last TCU related post for this year..... maybe. I just needed a laugh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2010, 12:40 AM

5,984 posts, read 13,421,104 times
I used to like TCU, but now I can't stand them. You'd think TCU would stick with the Mountain West and play Boise, but no, they join the Big Least. Also, it seems like TCU fans are anti-Boise. Why? Boise and TCU are two sides of the same coin. I hope Wisconsin wipes the floor with the Frogs.

Old 12-07-2010, 12:57 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,916,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazoopilot View Post
I used to like TCU, but now I can't stand them. You'd think TCU would stick with the Mountain West and play Boise, but no, they join the Big Least. Also, it seems like TCU fans are anti-Boise. Why? Boise and TCU are two sides of the same coin. I hope Wisconsin wipes the floor with the Frogs.
. . . . Wow dude.

Look, first off, TCU fans aren't "Anti-Boise". We're "Anti-Non AQ". Remember, TCU wanted to be in the Big XII when it was first created, but sh*t happens.... The only problem with BSU is how some of their fans believe that the college football world suddenly revolves around them.
Staying in the Mountain West won't benefit the Frogs because of that weak TV deal and less exposure. It would be nice to actually SEE our games instead of having to wait until 11 o'clock at night to find it on a channel we probably don't even carry. The Big East was the only (and BEST) option for the school. It's a good deal for both sides and we can actually find the games. Why in the hell would TCU stay in a conference that's not as promising as it looked before? Why keep playing two hours behind your own time zone? Why pass up an chance at not having to work so damn hard just to be CONSIDERED to go to a BCS game?

Now, as for Boise State..... I'm just going to tell you this once and for all. I have all the respect in the world for what your program has done in just the decade and a half you've been in the FBS, but STOP IT! Stop doing what ESPN does everytime and lump these schools together, creating a rivalry that only you want. TCU and BSU are only similar in the fact that they aren't in AQ's, which is only gonna last for one more year. Other than that, they are NOT the same. TCU was apart of the friggin' SWC and played in the first Cotton Bowl for God sake. The Horned Frogs have a well established tradition in the FBS already, while you guys in BSU are just now starting one. TCU is doing nothing but moving on. It's what the program has wanted for years, and now that it's finally here, don't get mad at them for finally making that big step.

Last edited by JJG; 12-07-2010 at 01:05 AM..

Old 12-07-2010, 06:20 AM

5,546 posts, read 9,511,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
LOL.....

Look, I like the Longhorns and all, but it's guys like this who prove to me that College Football has the ability to make people dumber. Either he's a great actor or just another guy talkin' out of his ass, but...... just listen to this dude.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emGGR...eature=related

And this (might) be the last TCU related post for this year..... maybe. I just needed a laugh.
I don't agree one bit with anything the young man said, but it was absolutely hilarious! If he really has that much time on his hands he needs to take up a hobby or something.

He hates TCU more than Oklahoma? Man, that says something coming from a Horn fan. "The Big East, REAAAAALLLLLY?!" That made me laugh.

Old 12-07-2010, 07:42 AM

1,056 posts, read 2,683,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
No Boise State and Nevada should be swapped.
Ridiculous-- Nevada has one more win than Boise AND they beat Boise, so why are they behind them?

BCS rankings were changed yesterday.

Boise State is now 10, LSU 11.

Old 12-07-2010, 07:46 AM

This is just like the Big 12 debacle a few years ago when Texas Tech beat Texas but lost to Oklahoma, who lost to Texas. Only they went by BCS rankings.

Hawaii lost to Boise State (badly) but beat Nevada; Nevada (barely) beat Boise State. Three way tie.

I have nothing against Nevada or even ranking them higher - our coach did, our AP writer did too. I was just pointing out that the BCS computers screwed up the rankings and put LSU ahead of Boise. That has since been fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post

But none of this really matters now because the bowls have already been announced. The real question: Who got a better bowl opponent? Boise or Nevada? Boise plays Utah, Nevada plays Boston College.
I actually think Nevada got the better opponent. I'd rather play and try to beat an AQ school than another nonAQ school, who may or may not be overrated.

Old 12-07-2010, 07:49 AM

I don't think that guy is really a Bronco.

From my experience most TCU fans do look sort of down on Boise, but that's because of TCU's long history, the fact they're in Texas, and that's it. It's only slight, though.

I think most TCU fans respect Boise, and vice versa. When the teams were splitting hairs for the 3rd position it was different, but now we're all in for TCU to beat Wisconsin, as well as fully understand and approve of their move to the Big East - we'd do the same thing if we could.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
. . . . Wow dude.

Look, first off, TCU fans aren't "Anti-Boise". We're "Anti-Non AQ". Remember, TCU wanted to be in the Big XII when it was first created, but sh*t happens.... The only problem with BSU is how some of their fans believe that the college football world suddenly revolves around them.
Staying in the Mountain West won't benefit the Frogs because of that weak TV deal and less exposure. It would be nice to actually SEE our games instead of having to wait until 11 o'clock at night to find it on a channel we probably don't even carry. The Big East was the only (and BEST) option for the school. It's a good deal for both sides and we can actually find the games. Why in the hell would TCU stay in a conference that's not as promising as it looked before? Why keep playing two hours behind your own time zone? Why pass up an chance at not having to work so damn hard just to be CONSIDERED to go to a BCS game?

Now, as for Boise State..... I'm just going to tell you this once and for all. I have all the respect in the world for what your program has done in just the decade and a half you've been in the FBS, but STOP IT! Stop doing what ESPN does everytime and lump these schools together, creating a rivalry that only you want. TCU and BSU are only similar in the fact that they aren't in AQ's, which is only gonna last for one more year. Other than that, they are NOT the same. TCU was apart of the friggin' SWC and played in the first Cotton Bowl for God sake. The Horned Frogs have a well established tradition in the FBS already, while you guys in BSU are just now starting one. TCU is doing nothing but moving on. It's what the program has wanted for years, and now that it's finally here, don't get mad at them for finally making that big step.

Old 12-07-2010, 07:57 AM

6,081 posts, read 9,120,563 times
This is why Texas Fans are up there with the worst!!!

This guy must be kidding!

Old 12-07-2010, 08:06 AM

2,714 posts, read 4,283,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boisefan88 View Post
This is just like the Big 12 debacle a few years ago when Texas Tech beat Texas but lost to Oklahoma, who lost to Texas. Only they went by BCS rankings.

Hawaii lost to Boise State (badly) but beat Nevada; Nevada (barely) beat Boise State. Three way tie.

I have nothing against Nevada or even ranking them higher - our coach did, our AP writer did too. I was just pointing out that the BCS computers screwed up the rankings and put LSU ahead of Boise. That has since been fixed.

I actually think Nevada got the better opponent. I'd rather play and try to beat an AQ school than another nonAQ school, who may or may not be overrated.
I think Boise got the better opponent, but I can see what you are saying.

Old 12-07-2010, 08:08 AM

2,714 posts, read 4,283,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post
This is why Texas Fans are up there with the worst!!!

This guy must be kidding!
Worst compared to what other fan base?

Last edited by h152cc2; 12-07-2010 at 08:23 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football