Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2016, 07:13 AM

455 posts, read 528,504 times

Advertisements

I was in Wilmington this weekend looking at real estate and the downtown area is really turning over. Residential property is on the market for mere hours it seems. It is a really neat place. I truly believe Greenville can get to that point but we've got to continue to push. I hope we're not in a lull and that more announcements will be forth coming. I wonder if the city has ever approached PCC about building in the urbane core? I know they have ample land on their main campus, but they have lots of resources, much like ECU, that the city should attempt to collaborate with. CFCC has a large prescience in downtown Wilmington. I wish we had more water front to work with along the river....

What is the timeline on the GTAC and the two new mixed use facilities? I would love to see those getting going and complete around the same time. Dramatic change can be a hook for more business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2016, 09:42 AM

1,219 posts, read 1,553,731 times
Just announced: Publix coming to Greenville
http://reflector.com/News/2016/03/07...8GilvE.twitter

Old 03-07-2016, 09:55 AM

1,810 posts, read 2,766,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michealbond View Post
Just announced: Publix coming to Greenville
News - Daily Reflector
I'd heard Publix wa considering the old KMart, but didn't know what to make of it because I wasn't confident about my source. I guess they're going for being placed between ECU and Bells Fork. If I were them, I'd rather be right in Bells Fork.

Are they tearing down KMART or renovating?

Old 03-07-2016, 10:01 AM

1,219 posts, read 1,553,731 times
Looks like they are going to redevelop the entire shopping center. I assume that means kicking out some of the older, less desirable businesses and bringing in something better.

Old 03-07-2016, 10:15 AM

181 posts, read 241,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michealbond View Post
Looks like they are going to redevelop the entire shopping center. I assume that means kicking out some of the older, less desirable businesses and bringing in something better.
Yeah I think a good bit of that strip is going to get gutted

Old 03-07-2016, 10:38 AM

3,375 posts, read 6,262,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratePanther189 View Post
Yeah I think a good bit of that strip is going to get gutted
Something tells me Publix doesn't associate with GQ Fashion and the like. Which is good for the area.

Old 03-07-2016, 10:59 AM

21,023 posts, read 27,262,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. Delphia View Post
Are they tearing down KMART or renovating?
Publix usually builds new stores from the ground up. I would assume the former Kmart #7080 (703 Greenville Boulevard Southeast, Greenville, North Carolina 27858-5102) would be demolished.

Old 03-07-2016, 11:05 AM

893 posts, read 1,344,049 times
Kinda bummed that no on e up here leaked this info before now.

Very good location, as there are no other grocery stores in the area. Close enough to campus to give Harris Teeter some competition.

I'm equally as excited to see this entire shopping area re-developed. I was hoping they'd just tear it all down but based on the pictures it should be a big upgrade & will be good to get rid of some of those tenants that just don't fit near a Publix. The parking lot needs a lot of developments as well, trees..etc.

This is also great for the Mall across the street.

Quote:
Publix will now anchor Greenville Square, a 150,000 square foot center that sits between Charles and Arlington boulevards. The shopping center will be completely renovated with a new façade, parking lot, lighting package and landscaping.

Old 03-07-2016, 12:24 PM

181 posts, read 241,247 times
If you guys remember - when the Millennial Campus was getting approved, the proposal documents ECU brought to the BOG talked about that block (Grnvl Blvd. between Charles and Arlington) eventually turning into a "North Hills" type development.

I think we may see a push toward some high density residential, and possibly more office development in that general area eventually.

That, along with the little birds around whispering about a big mall reno...I don't think that the strip mall renovation is the end of this.

Old 03-07-2016, 06:23 PM

247 posts, read 445,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratePanther189 View Post
If you guys remember - when the Millennial Campus was getting approved, the proposal documents ECU brought to the BOG talked about that block (Grnvl Blvd. between Charles and Arlington) eventually turning into a "North Hills" type development.

I think we may see a push toward some high density residential, and possibly more office development in that general area eventually.

That, along with the little birds around whispering about a big mall reno...I don't think that the strip mall renovation is the end of this.
I heard the same news.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina