Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2016, 12:20 PM

1,810 posts, read 2,761,989 times

Advertisements

Shoppers at the Boundary shops can use the Boundary's garage, but that's a bit of a chore just to get a smoothie or for a convenience store run. People would be far more willing to use that garage for a more extensive stop, like lunch or dinner. The block the Boundary sits on seems more like an island, not real conducive to walk-in traffic beyond the residents of the complex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2016, 12:58 PM

1,289 posts, read 1,595,835 times
The lot behind BB&T is actually for Chico's. Jimmy Johns has no parking except for the few spaces along the back wall of Bicycle Post near the ATM and usually the delivery drivers and employees use those.

Everyone who owns parking lots in that area have started monitoring their lots. You begin to see why the city shouldn't allow these projects to go up without adequate parking included. The bankruptcy court doesn't even have parking for its clients, yet there's a vacant lot immediately adjacent that's the perfect size for one.

Old 03-10-2016, 01:46 PM

3,082 posts, read 4,852,030 times
Meh...on parking downtown...the city JUST BUILT a deck a block and half away.

5 Points parking lot is also like 2 blocks away.

Walk. It's not suburbia.

Old 03-10-2016, 10:47 PM

155 posts, read 235,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratePanther189 View Post
Who knows. In a perfect world the state would buy Vidant, but like you said, no one I've talked to says that's going to happen.
I agree with a lot of your full post. I don't know that Vidant will buy their practices either. But I have to be honest with you.....when has a State government ever been able to successfully run a business, other than the ABC stores (but that's win-win - it's alcohol). That prospect would scare me to death. I think it would be the death of the health system out here. We would go from ECUP bleeding to the whole system bleeding. That's just my opinion.

Old 03-11-2016, 09:55 AM

275 posts, read 330,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michealbond View Post
A burger place (Hwy 55?) probably would be good there.

Another place that would be good somewhere in the city would be a Bad Daddy's burger bar (Bad Daddy's Burger Bar Menu & Locations)

It's a "chain" that started in Charlotte, but I swear they have some of the best burgers I've ever had.
I just recently went to Bad Daddy's Burger in Winston-Salem, great burger. I would totally be behind one going in the Boundary. But you sure in isn't to close to Pops?

Old 03-11-2016, 10:55 AM

1,219 posts, read 1,551,089 times
Yea, that's why i think it should go somewhere in the city. My perfect spot for a place like Bad Daddy's would be in a redeveloped mixed use area on Dickinson Ave, in a multi story building with a 2nd floor patio (similar to the Carolina Ale house layout) Part of me really wishes the Ale house had put the exact same building at the mall into an area downtown.

Something like this (CAH in DT Raleigh)

Last edited by michealbond; 03-11-2016 at 11:05 AM..

Old 03-11-2016, 11:28 AM

181 posts, read 240,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrecufan View Post
I agree with a lot of your full post. I don't know that Vidant will buy their practices either. But I have to be honest with you.....when has a State government ever been able to successfully run a business, other than the ABC stores (but that's win-win - it's alcohol). That prospect would scare me to death. I think it would be the death of the health system out here. We would go from ECUP bleeding to the whole system bleeding. That's just my opinion.
I think hospitals are the one exception...UNC Health Care, I believe is the most profitable hospital network in the state and is literally putting WakeMed out of business. Over 3 billion in revenue, nearly 150 million in profit.

If you look around the country, some of the most successful hospitals in the US are state owned and connected to Med Schools at large Universities (UCLA Hospital, Univ of Pitt Medical Center, UPenn Hospital in Philadelphia, UC-San Fran, Indiana Univ, and of course UNC Hospitals are some of the best hospitals in the world).

Also just want to follow up on something that was previously posted about work being done in one of the Boundary commercial spots. It's actually the one on the end, which would be slated for a restaurant. Drove by today, and doors were open and work was being done. Not sure if that's general construction or not, but worth noting.

Old 03-11-2016, 05:26 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,256,713 times
Land adjacent to River Park North could soon open to general public | WNCT

Not sure if they recently donated it, or if the donated land will finally be opened to the general public soon

Old 03-11-2016, 06:39 PM

1,289 posts, read 1,595,835 times
Is that the sand pit between 264 and RPN?

Old 03-14-2016, 10:56 AM

20 posts, read 34,562 times
Drove by Red Robin last night, apparently Grand Opening is April 4.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina