Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2015, 07:51 AM

455 posts, read 528,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetAndBlack View Post
I went through there a couple days ago and it's the same as it's always been. When was construction supposed to start?
IIRC it was approved/decided upon some time ago, maybe 2 or 3 years? That is a funky intersection and would be another step towards improving the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2015, 04:41 PM

1,291 posts, read 1,598,482 times
Popular Greenville sports bar condemned, closed by city

That's not gonna be good for business

Old 07-30-2015, 06:53 PM

1,810 posts, read 2,765,313 times
Quote:

Even if they reopen, it'll be on Yelp forever. Not good, especially for the people who pay their rent by working there.

Old 07-30-2015, 06:57 PM

A new casual restaurant will open on Red Banks Rd in the fall in the former Honey Baked Ham (I believe that was the name) location in between the bowling alley and Wells Fargo.

Old 07-30-2015, 08:38 PM

247 posts, read 445,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. Delphia View Post
A new casual restaurant will open on Red Banks Rd in the fall in the former Honey Baked Ham (I believe that was the name) location in between the bowling alley and Wells Fargo.
Thanks for sharing! I believe Honey Baked Ham is still there, the former Teir 1 fitness is where it's going, beside honey baked ham.

Old 07-31-2015, 06:19 AM

7,190 posts, read 6,825,064 times
Quote:

Didn't someone get robbed in that parking lot not too long ago? I remember reading something about it on WITN's website. I know it's not the reason it's condemned but I was just wondering about how safe that area around the mall is these days. Even though I no longer live in NC (hoping to be back soon ), I still try to keep up with the news around eastern NC since I grew up in Wayne County (1995-2009) and went to Greenville a few times. I still talk with a friend of mine down there who goes to Greenville a lot and he told me that area around the mall, while not as bad as Kinston, has gone downhill due to crime. I haven't been to Greenville since 2009, so is there any truth to that? Sorry for the slight derailment.

Old 07-31-2015, 02:47 PM

120 posts, read 229,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LM117 View Post
Didn't someone get robbed in that parking lot not too long ago? I remember reading something about it on WITN's website. I know it's not the reason it's condemned but I was just wondering about how safe that area around the mall is these days. Even though I no longer live in NC (hoping to be back soon ), I still try to keep up with the news around eastern NC since I grew up in Wayne County (1995-2009) and went to Greenville a few times. I still talk with a friend of mine down there who goes to Greenville a lot and he told me that area around the mall, while not as bad as Kinston, has gone downhill due to crime. I haven't been to Greenville since 2009, so is there any truth to that? Sorry for the slight derailment.

I'm not sure if someone was robbed there... Its possible. And i know you were by no means trying to imply that Greenville was a bad place... But I certainly don't think that the area around the mall is going downhill at all. In fact, I don't really think anywhere in the Greenville area is going downhill.. Quite the opposite, if you ask me, I think the area is becoming a really nice, diverse and unique city. And everywhere has robberies.

Hope you get a chance to come back to visit soon! You'll likely see that lots of things have changed in just this little time!

Old 07-31-2015, 06:48 PM

7,190 posts, read 6,825,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCPLANNER View Post
I'm not sure if someone was robbed there... Its possible. And i know you were by no means trying to imply that Greenville was a bad place... But I certainly don't think that the area around the mall is going downhill at all. In fact, I don't really think anywhere in the Greenville area is going downhill.. Quite the opposite, if you ask me, I think the area is becoming a really nice, diverse and unique city. And everywhere has robberies.

Hope you get a chance to come back to visit soon! You'll likely see that lots of things have changed in just this little time!
I'm glad to hear it! Greenville always struck me as the best city east of the Triangle. I've only been to Wilmington once in 2000 so I can't really comment on Wilmington. Yeah, I'm well aware that robberies happen everywhere, lol. I'm currently living in Danville, Virginia and it's a crime-ridden cesspool that lately has been making Rocky Mount look good by comparison! Hell, even the local hospital here makes Wayne Memorial Hospital in Goldsboro look first class. I can't wait to check out Greenville again but it'll be at least a few months before I can do so. I'll be glad to be back in eastern NC again. Greenville would be my first choice, it completely blows Danville out the water. I wish I could contribute to this thread like you and the other awesome posters have. But at least I can be kept up to date!

Old 08-01-2015, 10:27 AM

Quote:

Reopened 24 hours later. They just removed all the loose decorative brick and stress-tested the remaining. The second level was kept closed last night, but I don't know how long it'll stay closed. They're planning to redecorate the problem area.

Old 08-01-2015, 04:08 PM

3 posts, read 6,274 times
The Daily Reflector

Great news for Greenville
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina