Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2017, 10:57 AM

1,810 posts, read 2,764,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Bret Wickstrom View Post
Does anyone know what is being built at the corner of Davenport Farm and Frog Level? It looks like a dollar store, which is odd given that there is nothing but residential properties in this area. It looks like they just put a low end commercial building in the middle of a neighborhood.
Dollar General
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2017, 12:56 PM

192 posts, read 281,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. Delphia View Post
Dollar General

thanks for the info Phil

Old 04-26-2017, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Bret Wickstrom View Post

thanks for the info Phil
I dont understand the location either. There's one serving the area 2.5 miles away on 264-A. This new DG is smaller and sits at a weird angle, looks awkward and misplaced; plus it's an invite to similar business being setup nearby.

Old 04-26-2017, 03:56 PM

1,219 posts, read 1,552,633 times
Great to see these new developments!

The "Gather Uptown" building is going up really quickly. I was in Greenville a couple a weeks ago and ate out on the patio at Winslow's. As I was sitting outside, I could clearly see the GU building and for a bit, it felt like a real city environment. I can't wait until it's completed. I'll be glad when the Sidewalk Development gets underway.

I am glad to see more communication with the Coastal Plain League. They seem to be very interested in the Greenville market. I never thought Guy Smith was a great location, even on a temporary basis. I think the PCC stadium may work for a year or two at the most, but something permanent should be done quickly. IMO, a 2,000 seat stadium (with room to grow) somewhere in the Dickinson Ave area would be ideal. My 2nd pick would be to create a "Sports and Entertainment" complex to be built somewhere near the highway. Combining retail, family attractions, hotels, and the "triangle and rectangle" youth sports fields they've been talking about, a multi-sport "championship" stadium could be constructed to host the CPL team along with other concerts, festivals and sporting events. It would be the ultimate public/private partnership.

I"m glad they are moving forward with the Evans St. project. It all worked out in the end. taking away 6 ft. of median space and 4 total feet of lane space definitely helps fit it between the wall and the berm.The ECU Life Sciences building will be a wonderful addition. I'd love to see a hotel across from it on the Evans/9th Street block once the 10th street connector is done.

Old 04-26-2017, 04:00 PM

7,190 posts, read 6,823,240 times
Quote:
I dont understand the location either. There's one serving the area 2.5 miles away on 264-A. This new DG is smaller and sits at a weird angle, looks awkward and misplaced; plus it's an invite to similar business being setup nearby.
I can't decide who's worse at oversaturating an area with stores, Walmart or Dollar General.

Old 04-26-2017, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LM117 View Post
I can't decide who's worse at oversaturating an area with stores, Walmart or Dollar General.
DG is rapidly gaining on WM in that category...

Old 04-26-2017, 05:14 PM

192 posts, read 281,103 times
Quote:
I dont understand the location either. There's one serving the area 2.5 miles away on 264-A. This new DG is smaller and sits at a weird angle, looks awkward and misplaced; plus it's an invite to similar business being set up nearby.
I was thinking the same thing. I don't know how much property is or could be zoned commercial. I'd love to see more commercial over there but sadly I doubt many other quality businesses would see a lot of value in setting up next to a Dollar General.

I honestly don't have as much of an issue with Wal-mart. They have a lot of organic and healthier food options. DG is a smorgasbord of chemical cocktails and pseudo-food products.

Old 04-26-2017, 07:47 PM

Those four homes ECU purchased on Fieldside St. have been razed in preparation to expand the football stadium.

Old 04-27-2017, 02:50 PM

1,291 posts, read 1,598,103 times
The apartment building that is in the curve on Charles, right across from Domino's/The Buzz and State Farm, is being gutted and renovated. And it has a new name.

The Edge of Campus.

It's like when you plagiarize something in a paper but change it so the teacher can't really say it's straight up copied.

Old 04-27-2017, 02:55 PM

893 posts, read 1,343,160 times
^It would have been much better if they would have just bulldozed the thing & started from scratch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina