Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2018, 10:18 PM

7,190 posts, read 6,819,674 times

Advertisements

https://www.ncdot.gov/news/press-rel...ad-closed.aspx

Quote:
A Greenville intersection is open to drivers, but a portion of 10th Street remains closed.

Thursday, N. C. Department of Transportation announced the intersection of Evans Street and 10th Street is open for traffic. While drivers now have access to it, a portion of 10th Street remains closed to continue work on the 10th Street Connector Project.

The intersection to Evans St. is open in both directions. If you are on 10th St., heading west to turn onto Evans, it's also open. The new portion of 10th, heading toward the new bridge over Dickenson Ave., is still closed.

Motorists are asked not to go around the barricades for the safety of themselves and crews working in the area.

The 10th Street Connector Project is expected to be complete in summer of 2019.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2018, 05:42 AM

1,219 posts, read 1,552,076 times
Interesting note from this meeting.

Quote:
Rezoned property on the eastern right-of-way of Frog Level Road near Davenport Farm Road, changing 6.4 acres from office to residential and slightly less than one acre to neighborhood commercial. The intent of the change is to have vertical mixed use buildings with residential or office above commercial space and single use building that are integrated in a walkable street pattern. Scotland Management and Happy Trails Farm requested the change which staff recommended the change.

Old 12-17-2018, 06:16 PM

217 posts, read 236,001 times
Living literally right across the street from this proposed development, it's a weird place for a walkable development. Wonder if they're aiming for a Southern Village-esque feel - the 'drive-to' urbanism.

Old 12-19-2018, 02:18 PM

893 posts, read 1,342,711 times
Pharmacy coming to Uptown...a much needed addition to the area!

https://uptowngreenville.com/2018/12...0WbuEg4Od2CMCI

Old 12-19-2018, 04:33 PM

192 posts, read 281,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michealbond View Post
Interesting note from this meeting.

Quote:
Rezoned property on the eastern right-of-way of Frog Level Road near Davenport Farm Road, changing 6.4 acres from office to residential and slightly less than one acre to neighborhood commercial. The intent of the change is to have vertical mixed-use buildings with residential or office above commercial space and single-use building that are integrated in a walkable street pattern. Scotland Management and Happy Trails Farm requested the change which staff recommended the change.
I'm near this too and they should put in some round-a-bout intersections put in here before things get really out of hand. The current roads and intersections can't handle the traffic well as it is but with the new construction adding new homes and rezoning changes like this, it's going to be horrible. I'd love to see Greenville plan ahead for once when it comes to infrastructure. The rush hour crowds for work and the two schools on Forlines make the intersections on forlines and davenport insanely inefficient twice every workday. The round-a-bout on portertown and firetown has done a great job improving the efficiency and safety of the intersection. These intersections are considerably more congested during peak hours.

Old 12-20-2018, 05:26 PM

455 posts, read 527,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirate View Post
Pharmacy coming to Uptown...a much needed addition to the area!

https://uptowngreenville.com/2018/12...0WbuEg4Od2CMCI
I notice this building being renovated last week and wondered what was planned for it. Very nice addition to the Uptown area!

Old 12-22-2018, 05:51 AM

3,353 posts, read 6,439,342 times
I know I’m considered the biggest critic of Greenville/Pitt County, but I do have one genuine question that isn’t meant to be negative necessarily:

Were there any job announcements in Greenville/Pitt County this year with +50 jobs? I was having a discussion with someone recently and they said it had been, but I don’t remember such announcements. Thanks for any replies!

Old 12-22-2018, 07:37 AM

1,291 posts, read 1,597,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMORE View Post
I know I’m considered the biggest critic of Greenville/Pitt County, but I do have one genuine question that isn’t meant to be negative necessarily:

Were there any job announcements in Greenville/Pitt County this year with +50 jobs? I was having a discussion with someone recently and they said it had been, but I don’t remember such announcements. Thanks for any replies!
Grady-White Boats 70,000-square foot plant expansion will increase production and create jobs | Pitt County Economic Development Commission

Old 12-22-2018, 02:36 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,439,342 times
Thank you, GarnetAndBlack.

What do you all look forward to most in 2019 for Greenville? Personally, I can’t wait for the opening of the 10th St Connector; to see Greenville from a different angle on a regular basis will be amazing!

Old 12-24-2018, 12:23 PM

7,190 posts, read 6,819,674 times
City notes: Commercial zone on Port Terminal, repair shop get OKs - Daily Reflector
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina