Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2020, 10:56 AM

1 posts, read 248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LB0wen View Post
To address some of your comments, my husband works from home for a major corporation and I am a stay at home mom who home schools our kids. We can live anywhere and finding jobs is not an issue for us. We would like to move close to the Wilmington area to be close to things to do, shop, and have a normal life outside of the beaches. No rose colored glasses here. Also, we already co-own a condo in Myrtle Beach with my mom and brother. My dad isn't a beach person and has no interest in going. We go down to our condo sometimes in the fall/winter and are well aware of how it shuts down on the coast. My only problem with making the move is leaving my aging parents, but I also feel like they got their chance to choose where they wanted to live their lives and I would like to do the same. It's kind of a lose/lose for us whether we stay or go. :/ Thanks for your replies.
Im not sure if you will see this to answer, but i would love to know what you choose to do. I found this forum while looking to move my young family. I want to be happy now, we lost everything we own in a fire almost two years ago. We had to live in a hotel, rent a house for a few months and now living in an apt. We want to do something that will make us happy, not wait until we are "older" and "able" to do what we want. I think i just need someone to say yes just do it. We are livng here just to work and live, why not move somewhere we like to work and live? Would LOVE to know what you did, I hope its the answer im looking for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina