Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 04:18 PM

1 posts, read 3,735 times

Advertisements

Due to job transfer we may be moving to the Cleveland, OH area. We spent the weekend looking at neighborhoods and I loved Rocky River. Any other neighborhoods you guys could recommend. Didn't have enough time to see everything. Good schools are a must. I like a neighborhood with character but schools are important and I'm not looking for night life!
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2009, 04:23 PM

2,106 posts, read 6,632,896 times
Rocky River has it's own school district and it was rated Excellent with distinction (aka A+). So wherever you live in the city the school will be good. The neighborhood really depends on your budget.

Old 08-31-2009, 09:43 PM

42 posts, read 145,243 times
Ricky Rover is, by far, the nicest suburb on the west side of Cleveland. In my opinion, though, the east side has a lot more going for it; I'd look into Coventry as well--it's basically what Rocky River has modeled itself after.

Old 08-31-2009, 10:37 PM

4,665 posts, read 4,980,348 times
How in the world is Rocky River modeled after Coventry? Rocky River and Cleveland Heights were incorporated as villages the same year (1903). Rocky River and Coventry have always catered to completely different segments of society. I guess it's possible the streets north of Lake (sometimes called "Tangletown") were modeled after Shaker Heights, but I don't know the history so I'm not going to say that. But I've never heard Rocky River and Coventry mentioned in the same sentence. What are you getting at here?

Old 09-03-2009, 09:27 PM

42 posts, read 145,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
How in the world is Rocky River modeled after Coventry? Rocky River and Cleveland Heights were incorporated as villages the same year (1903). Rocky River and Coventry have always catered to completely different segments of society. I guess it's possible the streets north of Lake (sometimes called "Tangletown") were modeled after Shaker Heights, but I don't know the history so I'm not going to say that. But I've never heard Rocky River and Coventry mentioned in the same sentence. What are you getting at here?
I apologize. I meant it more as this: Coventry is really what Rocky River wishes it could be. It's taken a lot of the same steps (local, mom-and-pop businesses, some eco-friendly shops, restaurants with character, etc.) in the direction Coventry has, and continues to go--but it's far, far behind. Overall, though, the vibes one gets in each are somewhat interchangeable--just my take, though.

Old 01-06-2011, 11:06 AM

192 posts, read 492,354 times
other suburbs to consider:

chagrin falls
solon
shaker hts.
westlake

good luck. rocky river is beautiful

Old 01-08-2011, 08:00 AM

420 posts, read 1,042,456 times
Default What side of town is your job?

I think a little more information would be helpful ,are you looking to buying a home right away ? or just renting ? with that information I am sure , the posters here would have many suggestions .
Rocky River gets my vote !
If your going to be renting and your work is in downtown or west , why add travel time to and from if you can choose your commute time
if buying well , you must really like the area , ( just my thought on the matter )if that means a little more commute time
Good Luck !

[quote=ohbytheway;10528978]Due to job transfer we may be moving to the Cleveland, OH area. We spent the weekend looking at neighborhoods and I loved Rocky River.

Last edited by citydudeallover; 01-08-2011 at 08:04 AM.. Reason: blame typo always

Old 01-08-2011, 08:34 AM

708 posts, read 1,815,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakeababy View Post
other suburbs to consider:

chagrin falls
solon
shaker hts.
westlake

good luck. rocky river is beautiful
If you were looking at the east side, Shaker Heights would be my first choice. Chargrin Falls and solon second and third choice...But if I were a west side person, Rocky River, or even North Olmsted would be tops

Old 01-08-2011, 08:45 AM

3,844 posts, read 9,287,370 times
This is from 2009...

Old 01-08-2011, 09:34 AM

3,281 posts, read 6,277,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by costello_musicman View Post
This is from 2009...
Haha, you beat me to it. I suspect this person has long since made his/her decision on where to live!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland