Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2019, 01:15 AM

1,886 posts, read 1,441,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
Ideally I am trying to aim for summer or fall. Been difficult getting employers in Cleveland to look at an application though. Have some reason to believe I'll have some luck with one lead now, but we'll see. Reaching a point where I'm in decent enough position to consider just leaving without employment if need be and see what happens (though would feel much much better if I could sort that out beforehand).
Good luck with the job lead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2019, 05:19 AM

2,365 posts, read 4,374,141 times
https://fox8.com/2019/02/08/study-li...d-u-s-citizen/

Old 02-10-2019, 12:46 PM

1,304 posts, read 854,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QCongress83216 View Post
If you don't mind me asking, where did you move from? And, what was the average cost of living there?
Just saw this....I moved from a Seattle suburb. Cost of living was very high. Not sure how one calculates the average cost of living....I just know it was expensive! But even worse, in my opinion, was the intense overpopulation! Maybe one would expect it living in the city proper, but I was in a suburb 20 miles southeast of the city, and people just moved there in droves! It was insane and never ending! Very stressful!

Old 03-08-2019, 11:36 AM

3,530 posts, read 5,021,517 times
Just moments ago, in reviewing various city rankings, I discovered this gem:
Moderator cut: link removed, competitor site

Hopefully, the article hasn't been posted previously anywhere on your forum.

Last edited by Yac; 03-14-2019 at 02:07 AM..

Old 03-08-2019, 04:00 PM

869 posts, read 1,277,651 times
Cleveland ,Cincinnati, Columbus, and Canton doing well in these national real estate metrics:

https://www.realtor.com/research/feb...using-markets/

Funny I just left an area, Portland, where we used to be in the top 5 seemingly all the time. Percentages must be shifting to see Ohio represented so well.

Fantastic to see Cleveland and Cincinnati in the top 5 for most improved.

Old 03-08-2019, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorman View Post

First I’m seeing it... and geez I’m essentially living it. Life is great.

Last edited by Yac; 03-14-2019 at 02:07 AM..

Old 03-09-2019, 07:45 AM

2,221 posts, read 4,391,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorman View Post

Livability says: The key factor on these lists are affordability.
What matters most to you when you’re deciding where to live?

That’s what we asked 1,000 millennials across the country in an exclusive survey.

Their #1 answer, by a landslide? Affordability

Frankly for me I choose to live in great areas which tend to be more costly, most desirable destinations have higher cost of living. It’s like property values, the more desirable the more the property costs. Obviously I’m not a millennial..

Last edited by Yac; 03-14-2019 at 02:06 AM..

Old 03-09-2019, 08:48 AM

21,695 posts, read 28,440,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usaf_1832 View Post
Cleveland ,Cincinnati, Columbus, and Canton doing well in these national real estate metrics:

https://www.realtor.com/research/feb...using-markets/

Funny I just left an area, Portland, where we used to be in the top 5 seemingly all the time. Percentages must be shifting to see Ohio represented so well.

Fantastic to see Cleveland and Cincinnati in the top 5 for most improved.
The doesn't surprise me. A friend of mine in Portland lives in one of the most desirable Portland neighborhoods along Hawthorne Blvd, or at least it used to be. I lived in that neighborhood for nearly thirty of the forty years I lived in Portland. I watched it go from what was considered to be a slum by Portland standards to the first neighborhood in the city to be gentrified.

This friend has had her duplex on the market for about four months or more now. A few years ago it would have been gone in an afternoon. The neighborhood has been ruined by over-building and terrible overcrowding. Not so desirable any longer. I hope she is able to get rid of it soon. It's a great house but people are just not eager to buy there any longer.

Old 03-14-2019, 11:15 AM

Well dang, I fall into one of the metrics mentioned in the article of relocated people working with Rocky River Howard Hanna:

Furthermore, Skantzos estimates that about 20 to 25 percent of the work at Howard Hanna's Rocky River office is handling relocations to the Cleveland area.

Cleveland, redefined
TUESDAY, MARCH 20, 2018

LINK: NEOtrans: Cleveland, redefined

Old 03-14-2019, 12:28 PM

37,127 posts, read 39,371,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
The doesn't surprise me. A friend of mine in Portland lives in one of the most desirable Portland neighborhoods along Hawthorne Blvd, or at least it used to be. I lived in that neighborhood for nearly thirty of the forty years I lived in Portland. I watched it go from what was considered to be a slum by Portland standards to the first neighborhood in the city to be gentrified.

This friend has had her duplex on the market for about four months or more now. A few years ago it would have been gone in an afternoon. The neighborhood has been ruined by over-building and terrible overcrowding. Not so desirable any longer. I hope she is able to get rid of it soon. It's a great house but people are just not eager to buy there any longer.
Are you going to get your friend to move to Cleveland?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland