Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 08:11 AM

11 posts, read 15,268 times

Advertisements

Drove around the area near the downtown and was charmed by the place.
Is it actually as charming and welcoming as it appears?
Just curious - would love to live there - seems almost too perfect though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2013, 08:23 AM

1,135 posts, read 1,836,572 times
Pretty much, IMO. And my impression is that even as appealing as it is, it's not heavily visited by the rest of Cleveland despite it being fairly close.

Old 06-19-2013, 11:35 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,581,918 times
It's one of the country's best villages. I love taking my parents there when it's nice outside.

Old 06-19-2013, 12:59 PM

2,221 posts, read 4,393,622 times
I lived there up to '04. Loved living there and in my opinion it is the best town in OH. I still visit on business and usually stay at the Inn of Chagrin in town there.

Old 06-19-2013, 09:08 PM

19 posts, read 53,983 times
It is a great place to live especially if you have kids. Super family friendly. We love living here.

Old 06-20-2013, 12:48 PM

48 posts, read 93,676 times
I spent a few years while in high school in a neighboring town. Chagrin Falls is fantastic. Without a doubt one of my favorite areas of Cleveland.

Old 06-27-2013, 09:33 AM

101 posts, read 204,199 times
Nice cute town. Not too far from cleveland, although its in the snow belt meaning that there is plenty of snow in winter. The house prices are a bit high though, but worth it.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:17 PM

3,281 posts, read 6,278,924 times
I'll jump onboard and agree with the sentiment that everyone else is expressing, it's a really beautiful town with a small town feeling. One small downside is that it's a tab bit isolated, though not too far from Cleveland or Akron.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:19 PM

420 posts, read 1,042,610 times
Default Yeh it was real fun

until the good old pumpkin roll was outlawed , just kidding , or maybe not . .
How would I know, I only saw it on the news !

My Dad would say, We are going for a country drive , from our home in the Shaker Square Area ( When that was a fine place to live and no one would say different ) . To see the falls, the popcorn place , walk around the square .
Who am I kidding , that was so long ago , I still remember going to Euclid Beach .
That said , over the years ," I " being part of a land surveying team , have traveled the county for a good
many years , still see that Chagrin Falls has held it's own . Without most of the problems Cuyahoga County may have seen .

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEFJASON911 View Post
It is a great place to live especially if you have kids. Super family friendly. We love living here.

Last edited by citydudeallover; 06-27-2013 at 08:37 PM.. Reason: none

Old 08-28-2013, 06:48 AM

1 posts, read 2,403 times
Default Not as great as you think

As someone who has lived here several years, I can say that this area does not live up to the perception. It's very affluent, and has a great school system--but it's also very insular, "clique-y" and there is no diversity to speak of. I have spoken to others who have moved here from places like Massachusetts and NY, and they are often disturbed by the social structure and the fact that there is virtually no one who lives here who is not white. It's also a VERY conservative area (big surprise--white and rich), and there are even Tea Party flags flown on public streets. Many of the kids here have airs of entitlement and their parents are often snobbish, especially if you don't fit in. If we'd known what the actual culture here was, before we moved in, we would not have moved here. Alas, too late, we learned that looks aren't everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland