Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2010, 06:29 PM

3 posts, read 8,947 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I have to move to cleveland for work, and was looking for apartments. I've checked out one on Euclid ave, that was really nice, but I'm not sure about the surrounding area. Is Euclid an okay area? Also, was looking at the colton house on chagrin blvd. It's shaker heights which seems to be a good area but i've read a little bit of things saying to stay off of chagrin. I'm trying to stay close to beachwood / shaker heights if i can only for work proximity. Any recommendations about areas close, or about Euclid ave. or Colton House? I cant see any prior/current tenant reviews about the Colton house anywhere.

Really appreciate any input
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2010, 07:53 AM

78 posts, read 325,399 times
Where on Euclid Ave have you looked? Shaker Heights is really nice and I can't imagine anything being bad about Chagrin. Also, what type of neighborhood are you looking for (urban/suburban/etc)?

Old 06-17-2010, 09:27 AM

The one in Euclid is at 22230 Euclid Ave. Beacon Hill apartments. The ones on Chagrin are nice too, and they have the location which is a plus for me. Mayfield Heights seems to be a nice area too, which isnt too far. It's just I'm not sure about the euclid area. superb apartment though.

Old 06-17-2010, 09:47 AM

114 posts, read 305,812 times
Chagrin just seems pretty busy to me. A lot of cars can build up around there. That's the only thing I wouldn't like. That intersection is pretty crazy, as well! It's almost right across the street from The Saffron Patch, which is a pretty good restaurant. The same goes for Los Habeneros next to Fresh Market. The other nice thing is that it's very very close to the RTA rail line. I don't know anything about the Colton house itself, though.

Old 06-17-2010, 02:40 PM

78 posts, read 325,399 times
Well, I don't know much about that part of Euclid Ave, sorry. I also don't know much about Colton House, but I do know that Shaker Heights is very nice. If you like the Colton House, then I say go for it.

Old 06-17-2010, 04:52 PM

Thanks xanthies and andrew. I think colton house is good for me. The area does seem very nice and close to many things (work included). Will have to just put up with the traffic though.

Old 06-18-2010, 12:33 AM

3,281 posts, read 6,276,419 times
Traffic in that area is really only bad during rush hour, but even then, this is Cleveland, so it's not that bad. Plus once you learn the side streets you'll be able to navigate around most of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland