Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 05:31 PM

2 posts, read 6,224 times

Advertisements

Hello
I've just found this website and it's very helpful so I just registered to ask for information that is beneficial to me. I will be moving from Texas to Cleveland Ohio around the end of this year. I don't know anything about Cleveland. I got a job at Marrymount hospital ,Garfield Heights.I'm looking for a house for rent in a nice area which is safe,not too crowded and has great school for my child(7 years old). I would like to drive to work within 30 minutes without horrendous traffic. Anybody could tell me what is right for me,I'd appreciate that.I'm surfing the internet and all websites have only apartments. It's difficult to find a house. Please suggest what website is a good one to find a home for rent. Its not easy to flying over and look for them by myself. Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated.

ATHIKHOM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2007, 05:39 PM

9 posts, read 44,281 times
Try "www.realtor.com". It is an excellent website, and always seems to have the most pictures of the properties it lists.

Good luck in your search!

Sunny

Old 10-08-2007, 09:51 PM

492 posts, read 2,376,820 times
I don't know how many homes for rent there are in these areas, but you could look into Solon, Macedonia, Broadview Heights, Shaker Heights, etc. I didn't know exactly where Garfield Heights was, but I looked on mapquest and those cities are nearby and have a great reputation. Parma seems closeby as well, but I don't know what kind of place it is, as I've never been there. Maybe a Clevelander could give you some info on Parma, or you could do a search on this site under the Cleveland subfolder.

Good luck to you!

Old 10-09-2007, 12:20 AM

48 posts, read 219,791 times
cleveland.com is the website for the Cleveland Plain Dealer (daily) and Sun News (weekly) newspapers. Their real estate section is very comprehensive in terms of house and duplex rentals.

If you're willing to rent a duplex, there are plenty in areas such as Shaker Heights, Cleveland Heights (east side) and Lakewood (west side). A two-bedroom would be from $600-800 a month on average.

If you're looking for a single family home, there are tons of 2-3 bedroom bungalows and ranches in Parma, Parma Heights, Brookpark, Brooklyn, and Fairview Park on the west side, and Bedford, Bedford Heights, Garfield Heights on the southeast side, as well as South Euclid, Euclid, and Lyndhurst on the northeast side. I would estimate from $700-1000 a month rent depending how many bedrooms and location. If you can afford over $1000 a month, then you could check into Beachwood, Solon, Strongsville, Westlake and other ritzy suburbs, although there are fewer rental properties there.

A thirty minute commute is fairly long in Cleveland, and you could really live just about anywhere in Cuyahoga County and not drive more than 30 minutes to get to Marymount, as it is convenient to I-480 (the crosstown east-west freeway). The southeast suburbs such as Maple Hts, Bedford, and Garfield Hts are racially diverse, as are Euclid and South Euclid. The western suburbs are somewhat less diverse, although the Hispanic population tends to live more on the west side.

The Ohio Department of Education's website (ode.state.oh.us) has local district report cards, based on how many state standards each school district meets each year. There are 30 standards measured for each district. Of the suburbs I've mentioned, Fairview, Brooklyn, Lakewood, Parma, Shaker Hts, and South Euclid/Lyndhurst schools have met over 20 standards, Cleveland Hts met 13, Garfield Hts met 11. Maple Hts., Warrensville Hts., Bedford, and Euclid scored poorly, meeting less than 10 standards.

Old 10-09-2007, 01:36 PM

8 posts, read 41,304 times
Thumbs up go for it

I now currently live in Painesville Township and I can personaly say that it is AWSOME! Great nature parks and only 25 min from the city! I love it! Lake county is the only way!!Build with Ryan! I did and its great!

Old 10-12-2007, 05:11 PM

2 posts, read 6,224 times
Thank you very much for all opinions. they are all very helpful esp. information about school standard. I appreciated all your help.

Thanks.

Old 11-06-2007, 01:01 PM

2 posts, read 5,097 times
I live in Solon which has one of the best school districts in the state. I have a home that preferably I would like to sell, but would consider renting. It is a 3 bedroom home. I live very close to all the schools. In fact the school your 7 yr old would be attending is maybe a 3 minute walk.

I don't know if you have found something already, but why don't you check out this link for Solon. Welcome to the City of Solon, Ohio to learn a little more about the area. It is not far at all from Garfield Hts. Can you give me an idea about when you might be coming to this area.

Old 11-07-2007, 08:00 PM

2 posts, read 6,890 times
I have a house in South Euclid that we want to rent or sell. We lived there for many years and the elementary school is great - it is right around the corner. My daughter went there for kindergarten and first grade and we were very happy with the teachers and the education she received. There are lots of young children and families in the area and the street is nice and quiet and within walking distance of a beautiful park that has 3 playgrounds and a pool. It is probably about 15 - 20 minutes from Garfield Heights. If you are interested, let me know.

Old 02-19-2011, 07:45 PM

17 posts, read 33,567 times
Hi,
My husband and I are moving from Houston to Cleveland and we are looking for a single family home in a pet-friendly neighborhood (we have 3 little dogs).
We've never been in Cleveland and we don't know wich places are better to live. We don't have any children and we'd like to stay as close as possible to Cleveland Clinic, but we are willing to drive until 30minutes to get to work.
I'll appreciated any help!

Magali

Old 02-20-2011, 12:40 PM

73 posts, read 172,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magalirecar View Post
Hi,
My husband and I are moving from Houston to Cleveland and we are looking for a single family home in a pet-friendly neighborhood (we have 3 little dogs).
We've never been in Cleveland and we don't know wich places are better to live. We don't have any children and we'd like to stay as close as possible to Cleveland Clinic, but we are willing to drive until 30minutes to get to work.
I'll appreciated any help!

Magali
Where in Houston are you moving from? I'm no expert but I'm familiar with some of the neighborhoods inside the loop if that's where you're coming from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland