Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 09:09 PM

24 posts, read 114,344 times

Advertisements

what does anyone think of the twinburg township, or the painsville township area? Husband is relocateing to Euclid. We have a 12 yr old and one of the concerns i schools,recreation, and safty. How do these towns do in these areas? Are there any other suggestions that meet these concerns?
Thanks Donna
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2006, 10:16 PM

4 posts, read 21,054 times
Hey Donna: Couple things . . . 1. The city is on the lake, so you don't really ever go "around" it. If husband is in Euclid, I assume you mean working in Euclid, then he'll not like the commute from faraway places . . . Twinsburg would be a far away place. Painesville Twp. is probably a far away place. Of course if you're coming from California, then, heck, Pittsburgh PA is only 2.5 hours away and a nice little California commute. But that misses the point of Cleveland. If work is Euclid, consider the eastern suburbs from Cleveland Heights to Richmond Heights or out I-90 and S.R. 2 towards Mentor. (Look at a map . . . ). ITEM NUMBER 2, where are you coming from? That might help understand your preferences. Good luck. Bill.

Old 09-12-2006, 04:00 AM

24 posts, read 114,344 times
Default my husbands job is relocating from NJ to euclid

What are the best and safest cities area the area? We have a 12 yr old so schools systems are inportant. Prefer a smaller town, but not too rural. Probally something like a subdivision.

Old 09-12-2006, 01:37 PM

976 posts, read 3,860,970 times
I wouldnt consider a move to Pittsburgh. I left that city and headed for Cleveland. I would check out Painseville Township. Very safe, good schools, and close to the lake and Mentor. All have plenty to offer. Also, they arent far from Euclid.

Old 09-12-2006, 10:27 PM

1 posts, read 2,974 times
Default Do not go to Euclid

Whatever you do, stay out of Euclid proper. I am currently stuck here (financial strains( and the crime and school problems have skyrocketed. I live off of East 200th Street and all we hear anymore are fights, sirens and gunshots. My kid is in the public schools and is subject to weapons checks and sees multiple fights daily. For your kid's sake, stay out of Euclid; the new Mini-Cleveland.

Old 09-13-2006, 07:59 PM

976 posts, read 3,860,970 times
I would check out all the suburbs Cleveland has to offer. Cleveland has a lot of nice suburbs out there that are safe with great school systems.

Old 09-23-2006, 08:02 AM

48 posts, read 212,582 times
Default Painesville Twp

I have lived in Concord (which is part of Psvlle Twp) for the last 25 yrs. and this might be the place your looking for. It is semi rural in some spots , a lot of subdivisions in other. Good schools,either Mentor or Painesville Twp.depending on which part of Concord you live in.

Lots to do for the kids......almost every subdivision has kids aplenty. My daughter has a 14 and 11 yr. old and it seems like they are always doing something (football, soccer, cheerleading, music,) You might find yourself being a carpool mom............
\
If you have any questions about the area, I would be more than happy to help you. I also do mortgage loans for Sky Bank and if you need help with that I'd love to help you.

Twinsburg is too far from Euclid. Concord is straight out Rt.90 a 20 minute at the most drive. Concord is next to Mentor which has a fine arts assoc. with concerts etc. Headlands Park (beach Lake Erie) wonderful parks , Great Lakes Mall has all your familiar stores. We have good restaurants and lots to do.

Old 09-24-2006, 02:07 PM

17 posts, read 82,114 times
Default Concord or Mentor

These are the cities you should look into. Euclid has terrible school system and is getting pretty rough. We used to live in Euclid (it has changed a lot since my husband grew up there) and we now have lived in Concord for 11 years...we love it. The drive into Euclid will be a simple one.

Old 09-27-2006, 06:46 PM
HAS

106 posts, read 593,038 times
Thumbs up Painesville Township

I have lived in Painesville Township for most of my life, and, when not in the Township, I was living in Painesville City. I can honestly tell you that, although I have never personally experienced other towns, Painesville is a great place to live. The school systems are great...rated really well. They aren't in debt trouble at the moment, and seem to be staying away from it. Painesville Township schools also always have good district report cards. Since I attended these schools, I can tell you from experience that they are great and your 12 yr old would love them. The sports program at the high school level is also good...meaning the "Pay to Play" (the cost to play sports) is still low (around $150-$160 to play all the sports they want to) compared to other schools (like Mentor: $300 per sport; YIKES! )

The general area is really nice...actually, Painesville was voted the prettiest city in Lake County. Living in Painesville, it is easy to access larger cities (such as Cleveland and Euclid, where your husband would be working), but we're far enough away to not have to deal with all the crap that big cities have to offer . We're also located close to Mentor, which is sort of a mini-Cleveland, with lots of attractions. But I would not want to live there, because of all of the traffic and things...plus the school systems are in MAJOR debt.

So, anyways, your commute wouldn't be bad...maybe 30-45 minutes, depending on traffic. And I think you would really like it here. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask!

Old 10-16-2006, 04:15 PM

7 posts, read 22,924 times
I lived in Concord Township, which is right next to Painesville for 5 years. Granted, I'm only 15, but I basically grew up there. I currently live in Silicon Valley, California, and I miss Concord so much. I went to Notre Dame Elementary School, which is in Chardon. I knew people to ended up attending the public schools in Painesville, and they said it was really easy and it did not challenge them at all, so I would recommend going the private school path for kids.
My father commuted to Cleveland daily, which took him 30-45 minutes, depending on weather. It was incredibly easy going to the beach, the closest one was maybe 5-10 minutes away.
The only difficult part was when I had friends living in Newbury, which is easily 30-45 minutes away. And my older sister, who was in high school when we lived there, always complained about there being nothing to do on weekends. But she was always a little dramatic, so don't take her word.
Over the years, Mentor has really grown, to the point where it was another city with lots of traffic and congestion.
I would also suggest Kirtland. It is in the Chardonish area, so many of the kids that I went to school with lived there. It is a safe area, where not a lot happens.
Basically, I loved living in Concord, and I'm thinking about going to college or maybe even living out there when I get older.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
View detailed profiles of: