Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2012, 10:57 PM

958 posts, read 1,197,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1208 View Post
I've walked around East Coast hoods and never got hassled...walked around LA hoods and got in way more trouble.
And that has what to do with anything? Of course you got hassled. That's what they're all about out there is getting big with people and being violent and grandstanding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
Oh, that's right, you're still butthurt over being exposed for the Source-hugging backpacker you are that loves to overlook the fact that the east coast was where gangsta rap started. What I don't get though is how you manage to talk down on west coast gangsta rap in one breath and then argue that the east coast is realer/tougher than the west coast in another. You need to lay off the Haterade, it's starting to make you contradict yourself.

The rest of your post isn't even worth addressing. All that tough talk is for the birds... you don't know a damn thing about my background or where I have and have not been. All I will say is that clearly I've traveled around the country more than you.
The Source is a disgrace. They haven't been real for years now. They hyped up Asher Roth for Christ's sakes! I also said that the East Coast invented gangsta rap so not sure what you're talking about. You need to lay off the recycled terms. It's continuing to make you look like somebody who's playing make believe. Allow me to explain it to you.. tough people don't need to act anything or grandstand. Philly is grit, so is NYC and every other real East Coast area. It's a hardness that hasn't existed out West for decades now, ever since the people who fought for Civil Rights and originally moved out there lost influence. The East Coast can't not be hard or gritty. It's what we are. You, on the other hand.. you don't grow up in concrete jungles or project towers, have no kind of order or proving ground, don't even remotely have our work ethic, I could go on and on really.

And yet that has zero to do with anything we're talking about. Rest assured though, that the only one being exposed constantly is you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2012, 11:13 PM

8,700 posts, read 14,694,435 times
Rap was created in the Bronx. Gangsta Rap was created by Ice-T (Newark, NJ) and Schooly D (Philadelphia) but wasn't made popular (arguably mainstream) until NWA (Easy-E, Dr. Dre, Ice Cube, MC Ren, DJ Yella, Arabian Prince) that came out of Compton. IDK how you could argue which rappers are "harder." They both "rap" about some pretty volatile stuff. F*ck the Police? Straight out of Compton? Songs by NWA are probably the hardest, roughest, most "gangsta" rap songs ever made... ever.

Old 03-05-2012, 11:16 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,752,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by couldntthinkofaclevername View Post
The Source is a disgrace. They haven't been real for years now. They hyped up Asher Roth for Christ's sakes! I also said that the East Coast invented gangsta rap so not sure what you're talking about. You need to lay off the recycled terms. It's continuing to make you look like somebody who's playing make believe. Allow me to explain it to you.. tough people don't need to act anything or grandstand. Philly is grit, so is NYC and every other real East Coast area. It's a hardness that hasn't existed out West for decades now, ever since the people who fought for Civil Rights and originally moved out there lost influence. The East Coast can't not be hard or gritty. It's what we are. You, on the other hand.. you don't grow up in concrete jungles or project towers, have no kind of order or proving ground, don't even remotely have our work ethic, I could go on and on really.

And yet that has zero to do with anything we're talking about. Rest assured though, that the only one being exposed constantly is you.

Let's try this again.

Quote:
You, on the other hand.. you don't grow up in concrete jungles or project towers
Funny, could have sworn I saw some project towers in Acorn but I must have been hallucinating.

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/7389/acorntowers.jpg (broken link)

I clearly must have been hallucinating it when I took the picture.

Quote:
The Source is a disgrace. They haven't been real for years now. They hyped up Asher Roth for Christ's sakes! I also said that the East Coast invented gangsta rap so not sure what you're talking about. You need to lay off the recycled terms. It's continuing to make you look like somebody who's playing make believe.
Recycled terms for recycled people. You sound like someone who just woke up out of a coma you got in the mid 90's west-vs-east era.

Quote:
Allow me to explain it to you.. tough people don't need to act anything or grandstand
Precisely why your tough talk is going in one ear and out the other. Talk is cheap.

Quote:
Philly is grit, so is NYC and every other real East Coast area. It's a hardness that hasn't existed out West for decades now
And you would know that because...? LOL keep barking.

Old 03-05-2012, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summersm343 View Post
Rap was created in the Bronx. Gangsta Rap was created by Ice-T (Newark, NJ) and Schooly D (Philadelphia) but wasn't made popular (arguably mainstream) until NWA (Easy-E, Dr. Dre, Ice Cube, MC Ren, DJ Yella, Arabian Prince) that came out of Compton. IDK how you could argue which rappers are "harder." They both "rap" about some pretty volatile stuff. F*ck the Police? Straight out of Compton? Songs by NWA are probably the hardest, roughest, most "gangsta" rap songs ever made... ever.

couldntthinkofaclevername's whole schtick is that West Coast rappers are all about posturing like gangstas and east coast rappers would never do something like that, but the reality is that gangsta rap started in the east coast.

Old 03-05-2012, 11:29 PM

8,700 posts, read 14,694,435 times
Quote:
couldntthinkofaclevername's whole schtick is that West Coast rappers are all about posturing like gangstas and east coast rappers would never do something like that, but the reality is that gangsta rap started in the east coast.
Oh, makes sense now... yeah I was too lazy to read that far back lol. But yeah gangsta rap definitely started on the east coast, however it was made popular on the west coast.

Old 03-06-2012, 03:00 AM

Right, whatever. The West Coast is the hardest place on Earth because formerly wealthy neighborhoods of the East Coast have older houses that are falling down where the conditions are probably pretty damn awful.

You're so right. You're all so damn hard. Nobody from the East Coast could ever knock out anybody from the West Coast and we couldn't in a million years live in those so very ghetto single family homes or apartments you have out there. You're just too hardcore for us, really. You scare me. Your words alone intimidate me so much I want to crawl back to my working class hometown that you wouldn't have lasted in with your mouth or attitude and cry about how much tougher than me you are.

Old 03-06-2012, 03:07 AM

1,591 posts, read 3,426,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by couldntthinkofaclevername View Post
And that has what to do with anything? Of course you got hassled. That's what they're all about out there is getting big with people and being violent and grandstanding.
I didn't say hassled, I said trouble.

You are out of your mind, btw. Why is this all so personal to you?

Old 03-06-2012, 03:09 AM

1,591 posts, read 3,426,865 times
Quote:
All gangsta rap is about posturing...that's all it is

Old 03-06-2012, 03:16 AM

Quote:
I didn't say hassled, I said trouble.

You are out of your mind, btw. Why is this all so personal to you?
No, I'm not, sorry.

He has the nerve to talk ish on the East Coast's formerly wealthy neighborhoods when they have so many single family housing "ghettos" out there? None of those people could are on the level of those who grow up on the East Coast. I guarantee you I grew up harder than he did and I'm not even from the ghetto. He knows NOTHING about hard. He knows NOTHING about real ghettos (luckily, neither do I) and nothing about the reality that people in the worst parts of this metro deal with (again, luckily neither do I). I don't try to talk about things I don't personally understand or that I only read about in papers and he clearly does that constantly. That's not okay. On top of that, he has the nerve to try to JUDGE those places or talk like the West Coast is harder when guaranteed he's never been a part of the working class or anything else of either coast? No, I don't think so.

Quote:
Well at least you got one thing right.

Old 03-06-2012, 09:09 AM

Quote:

That was exactly my point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City